Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 827608 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #5910 on: November 29, 2018, 01:15:38 pm »

This is odd, on an experimental from some months ago i had played an eternal summer run that took 2 summer cycles (as once you reach 3 months of summer you go back to the 1st day of summer) before i decided to go play on another world (as my save was way too big by then so i just deleted it) and i don't remember having to deal with those stupid constant freezing.

Maybe you're only in very early summer and for whatever reason there's still the cdda arctic-level of spring going on only for for few first summer days ?

I went through the whole summer 1 o summer 1 reset. It was getting down to 14 degrees. It never got warm enough to plant anything.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: November 30, 2018, 11:32:21 am »

Wow I'm glad they made washing clothes much easier. It used to be such a hassle. If only washing machines worked for bulk loads.

Okay but now when do "wet" clothes start and you need to air-dry (Or a dryer for) them or suffer cold penalties when they dry on you?

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: November 30, 2018, 12:08:52 pm »

The Wet Morale penalty can be fixed with a towel with the activate function.

I'm pretty sure wet clothes can air dry just fine, as towels become when you use them and it takes like 30 minutes to an hour for them to clean. I wouldnt keep it in the inventory though
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: November 30, 2018, 01:18:48 pm »

Are there any forks or mods that remove unnecessary busywork like cleaning your clothes?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: November 30, 2018, 01:23:03 pm »

Are there any forks or mods that remove unnecessary busywork like cleaning your clothes?
There should be an option during world creation, allowing you to remove filthy clothes (it's loaded as one of the default mods).

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: November 30, 2018, 01:27:58 pm »

Filthy clothing is treated as a mod and can be removed, nutrition is actually simplified by default , the CBM changes were reblalanced by mods to make them self-installable with autodocs functioning as a way to guarantee success. Kevin's taken a stance against future efforts to make features removable under the logic that they make the system more fragile.

In game news I've got a full camp, full blacksmith, full kitchen, and full farm up and running. Raided two libraries and have all the books necessary to crank out competent trappers, shooters, and fabricators. Really loving it, only thing that could make it better would be a way to have my skilled NPC's read to my unskilled NPC's so I don't have to have such an active role in story time.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: November 30, 2018, 06:29:47 pm »

The Wet Morale penalty can be fixed with a towel with the activate function.

I'm pretty sure wet clothes can air dry just fine, as towels become when you use them and it takes like 30 minutes to an hour for them to clean. I wouldnt keep it in the inventory though

I've never seen wet clothes, I think wet is only a mood debuff on the player with a duration (like eating nasty food), not a clothing attribute. Clothes simply either protect you from rain or not. I used to carry an umbrella when not fighting, but not since I got my survivor trenchcoat and pants which keep me dry.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: November 30, 2018, 10:22:54 pm »

Feeding the Chop Shop with my Retriever. It's a foldable vehicle with enough storage to carry 4 wheels, a large motor, controls, and a battery. I can ride out to a broken down vehicle, attach whatever I have to to make it functional, stow the folded up retriever and bring home the prize.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 08:13:51 am by Broseph Stalin »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: December 08, 2018, 08:34:04 am »

Goddamn I wish the idiots merging shit wouldent until it was atleast complete. Or worse, remove shit without taking out its dependencies. Or hell, even fix their missing shit in a timely fashion.
 Being totally unable to get a fresh update and play for a week at a time because some dumbfuck cant be bothered to check if their changes causes the game to refuse to load anything is just... Arragh.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: December 08, 2018, 10:33:06 am »

How are faction camps working for other people? Mine suddenly lost half their jobs.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 10:34:49 am by Broseph Stalin »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: December 08, 2018, 12:42:00 pm »

Goddamn I wish the idiots merging shit wouldent until it was atleast complete. Or worse, remove shit without taking out its dependencies. Or hell, even fix their missing shit in a timely fashion.
 Being totally unable to get a fresh update and play for a week at a time because some dumbfuck cant be bothered to check if their changes causes the game to refuse to load anything is just... Arragh.

What issue is it now? I know there's a thing that caused firing mounted weapons to crash, and that's about the only giant "what the fuck" bug I can recall.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: December 08, 2018, 03:54:22 pm »

Once fully upgraded Kitchen and Blacksmith lose most of the jobs associated with them. I have discovered that the apocalyptic slowdown I was getting was from having full farms growing by primary base. From now on all farming will be done at a second base a short distance away.

edit: Unrelated: I consume my fedora by tipping it.

Doubleedit: Rolled back to 8233 to get a version where Camp Jobs haven't disappeared. I've also revised my Lag Management by playing without Z-Levels and digging a tiny chamber to house waitng/resting area.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 11:39:52 pm by Broseph Stalin »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: December 09, 2018, 09:03:45 pm »

What issue is it now? I know there's a thing that caused firing mounted weapons to crash, and that's about the only giant "what the fuck" bug I can recall.
Tents managed to break themselves. Or rather the action to setup tents broke somehow, which caused the game to cry when it looked at tents moments later. Thankfully, it appears to be gone now.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: December 09, 2018, 11:15:13 pm »

The recently introduce crashing bug when shooting should be fixed.
The recent lag/slowdown (apparently related to map memory) should still there unfortunately.

I guess i'll keep using my 8194 then.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: December 10, 2018, 08:27:19 pm »

I started debugging Outdoorsman onto all my characters. I appreciate the commitment to realism in that jumping in the pool with your clothes on is half as upsetting as shooting someone in the face for their boots but I'd just rather not.
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 451