Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 825068 times)

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #960 on: April 30, 2015, 02:41:42 pm »

Apparently a bulletin board gives you the option of creating a camp. I did so. Anyone know what that does? I was hoping you might be able to pin pieces of paper to the bulletin board to leave actual notes and such.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: April 30, 2015, 02:51:01 pm »

I haven't tried it, but IIRC it allows you to command your followers to return to base, assign guards and such.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: April 30, 2015, 02:58:52 pm »

I haven't tried it, but IIRC it allows you to command your followers to return to base, assign guards and such.

Oh, well that would be neat as hell.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: April 30, 2015, 03:00:07 pm »

Speaking of followers, what is the "create zombie slave" option available in the action menu of some knives? I know there's a Necromancy mod, but it is not enabled in any of my games.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: April 30, 2015, 03:02:28 pm »

Speaking of followers, what is the "create zombie slave" option available in the action menu of some knives? I know there's a Necromancy mod, but it is not enabled in any of my games.

It makes a zombie that follows you around and you can drop shit onto it and make em carry it.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: April 30, 2015, 03:03:33 pm »

You remove the zombie's dangerous bits so it can do nothing but follow you around harmlessly. Presumably you cut the jaw and arms off.
Nothing important here, move along.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: April 30, 2015, 03:15:28 pm »

Anyone know how to write things on a signpost? I built one but I have no idea how to write on it.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: April 30, 2015, 03:17:59 pm »

So are the developers ever going to take time off adding random stuff and actually fix this massively broken feature? Its been like this for like two years now.
Yeah, open source means that your options for the meaning of the world "developer" range between "hardcore code person" to "json modder". Funnily enough unless you are a hardcore developer yourself you probably won't notice many of the contributions of those people, since for the most part they are all totally code-end changes, improvements and other such things. Even their lesser contributions would often require you to be a modder (taken a look at modding the effects system lately? There's a lot that you can do there that you couldn't before). On the other hand the contributions of the json modders are much more likely to be noticed, firstly because they are changes that the player actually sees actively, and secondly because there are a lot more contributors at the json editing level than there are at the code wrangler one.

That said Coolthulu (one of our code wrangler level devs) recently completed the first $330 Z-level bounty. It's not to the point where the player is going to be able to notice anything (other than the "z-levels" option in the options menu) but it was a very important technical shift that had to be down prior to actually starting to add things the player might notice. (And he's slowly chipping away at the second Z-levels issue as well now).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: April 30, 2015, 03:46:47 pm »

If you're talking about a period of two years I believe NPCs have improved, cause they have been improving.

I mean, they're still retarded, but at least they no longer destroy the universe by attempting to eat a tire.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: April 30, 2015, 07:32:21 pm »

I agree wholeheartedly.  NPCs are vastly improved.  I havent had an NPC cause a crash in a few stable versions now, and they do the jobs of stay here and follow me very well.  I mean heck, if you have a car with an additional seat you can even drive around with them!

You just want to park them in a protected place somewhere near your base instead of at your actual base because they can and will LOOT ALL THE THINGS!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 07:34:01 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile

So I have a two-year-old Sheltered Survivor who's moved into a small town and refitted an Army Truck into an armor-plated, turreted APC. Finally got around to doing my shelter-bro's quest, nabbing a flag from a school two towns over. Pick up NPC-bro, convince him to ride back to town with me so I can set him up next door. He agrees, hops into the APC and I drive off.

He immediately starts bashing on everything in my APC!

I swear to god these fuckers are just begging to die. He's lucky I build things strong and value his marksmanship training *slightly* more than the rags he's wearing. For now.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

I think he's trying to get to the zeds? Try changing his combat preferences to "do not attacks stuff unless I attack it first" or something.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, they bash stuff in their way. I had a follower smash through a window(alerting the zeds in the area), despite watching me walk through the goddamn door not two tiles away.

One good thing with NPCs is if they stand on a vehicle you can pull(like a shopping cart) you can push the cart around with them on it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile

I think he's trying to get to the zeds? Try changing his combat preferences to "do not attacks stuff unless I attack it first" or something.

There wasn't anything around at all. The compartment can't even see outside (I have rear cameras). He wouldn't use the door he came in, preferring to bang his head on the wall instead. The best part is, when we stopped he just stood there in the doorway blocking the exit for a while.

His quest chain is the MURICA one where he wants a flag and army black box. So I assume he's just so absurdly idiotic that he thinks vehicles are communists and can't understand doors at all.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

What are towels good for?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 451