Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 825053 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Now I want to mod in a mutation category "Ubermensch," like Alpha but more (over-the-top) Nazi. Somehow. Cannibalism?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 08:54:54 am by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!

Add in some mutations that make you really good with NPC's, preferably in a really troubling fashion. What Ubermensch would be complete without the ability to dominate their inferiors?

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile

Why did I have the mental image of hordes of naked Hitlers swarming you while shouting angrily? Every time one dies the rest eat its body, until finally you are facing one MEGA-HITLER!

edit: or maybe you could start as a clone of Hitler with the effect of everyone hating you since you are literally Hitler.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Hrm. Yeah, I don't play with NPC's so I wouldn't know what would be fun/balanced with that.

It's amazing how well balanced the game is considering the method of development...
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

You know, I could see the Cataclysm scientists trying to clone Hitler. Multiple times.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

It's bad enough to come across your old characters corpse in a world, but at least in-game you have no reason to think of it as anything special.

Imagine being Hitler and coming across a corpse of Hitler, complete with all the changes a normal game of cataclysm brings.

It'd be enough that he wouldn't need a Walther PP to blow his mind.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One hundred coding monkeys banging on 100 typewriters...

I can only see Cata scientists trying to clone Einstein or Newton or Hawking. Hawking in a chickenwalker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW-p8s_HCCo
"If you are looking for trouble, you found it."
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 09:36:06 am by BigD145 »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

It's bad enough to come across your old characters corpse in a world, but at least in-game you have no reason to think of it as anything special.

Imagine being Hitler and coming across a corpse of Hitler, complete with all the changes a normal game of cataclysm brings.

It'd be enough that he wouldn't need a Walther PP to blow his mind.
Worse: imagine being Hitler walking out of a weird lab and trying to restart the Nazi regime... Only to learn that two other Hitlers were way ahead of you and are now leading opposing factions to dominate the wasteland. Now Hitler is forced to team up with a cloned Stalin in order to win the War of the Two Cloned Hitlers.
This idea is property of Fniff Co™.
One hundred coding monkeys banging on 100 typewriters...

I can only see Cata scientists trying to clone Einstein or Newton or Hawking. Hawking in a chickenwalker!
Eh, I could also see them trying to clone anyone interesting they have DNA of. Maybe they start making combinations.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile

They could clone Hitlers as a way to circumvent ethical concerns on experimenting on human beings. Surely doing horrible experiments on the-guy-who-is-literally-hitler is okay? See, there is even a great reason for it!

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm naming my next character Hitler just so I can find his corpse later. I will make him suicide in a LMOE shelter if I find one for the historical accuracy.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

I am rather certain that all of the above items where in, in some form, either .a or .b, which is slightly interesting.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's amazing how well balanced the game is considering the method of development...
I'm not sure what your impression of our development process is, but there are only three people actively merging changes, and we keep a pretty tight reign on balance issues.  If someone makes a pull request with major balance implications (including myself) it's scrutinized pretty closely and there's a lot of discussion about how it's going to impact the player before it gets merged.
Then once a change is in experimentals, we do pay attention to reports of things being imbalanced (though that often has to be taken with a grain of salt, because the most common report is "X killd meh, pls nerf").
Community developed doesn't mean free-for-all :)
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

That makes sense then.

On another note: How hard would it be to re-jigger crafting and split it into two (under the hood) categories, one "set it and forget it" and the other "needs continued attention"?

I ask because while it makes sense for tailoring or tinkering with electronics or smithing to take all your attention and you can't do anything else, cooking and certain recipes in other categories make less sense. Like cooking bone broth, or boiling water. You're just putting water on a fire, with something in it. What prevents you from reading a book or tailoring your clothes while it processes, whatever the task is?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile

I've been thinking of doing something like that, it's all possible under json by the use of "delayed_transformation" or the slightly less tidy "auto_transform" tag. The issue is the time it takes is fairly substantial.

If possible, we could have a number of some of us semi-modders root through the various recipe/item jsons and add them. I'm afraid I don't have the time to do it alone.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

edit: or maybe you could start as a clone of Hitler with the effect of everyone hating you since you are literally Hitler.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 451