Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: United Assembly Interest Check  (Read 3210 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: United Assembly Interest Check
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2015, 04:59:41 am »

I have changed my mind.  I no longer have any interest in playing and withdraw my submission.

Terribly sorry, hope you find enough people for a good game!

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2015, 05:04:53 am »

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree, Sheb. That's not a game I'm interested in running. It completely undermines the system to let things work that way. I'm sorry, normally I'll let things I personally don't like as GM pass if the players are fine with them, or vice versa, but I think it's bad for a lot of reasons, most of which I've gone over extensively. If that in and of itself is the one thing that decides your interest, and you won't hear my point about the quality of the proposals, I just don't think the game is for you.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2015, 05:08:51 am »

I think you might be right, remove me from the waiting list.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2015, 05:09:06 am »

Look's rather confusing, but I'm in.
I do stuff, I guess

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2015, 05:11:06 am »

Uh, you were never on the waiting list that doesn't exist. I don't think you ever even expressed interest?
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2015, 05:14:06 am »

Uh, you were never on the waiting list that doesn't exist. I don't think you ever even expressed interest?
Oopsies, in that case I revise the previous statement to one expressing interest.
I do stuff, I guess

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2015, 05:18:30 am »

that was referring to Sheb i presume.

But anyway, i havent followed closely but just assuming you would be willing to change the system,

why not just have the General Assembly, give each country one vote, and then give Specific Countreis more votes based on position. For example if Teton were to be originally in the Defense Council and in the Economic Council and the Humanitarian one, it would get three additional votes. Just as an idea.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2015, 05:21:03 am »

That would be the opposite of separation of powers and checks and balances, which is what the committee system is designed for.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2015, 05:32:42 am »

The quality problem was kind of symptomatic of the fact that only 1 thing can happen at once. Thus, it's the intention of all players to keep all proposals as vague as possible, in order to be able to push through proposals quickly, lest they take up to much time to review and adapt.

Edit: I don't recall there being a problem for with the quality of the budget. Might help to have an example of what you would consider to be a quality budget.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 05:35:39 am by 10ebbor10 »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2015, 05:39:57 am »

The budget just took fund, and didn't allocate them for anything. It was a shit budget.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2015, 05:51:22 am »

Yes, but allocating anything required the actions from another committee. It was the best thing that could be done given the circumstances.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 05:54:44 am by 10ebbor10 »

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2015, 06:10:58 am »

You could have at least allocated percentages of the money it took in to certain functions. Paying your employees, rent on your building, at least allocating salaries for yourselves, are very basic things that required no action from other committees. I submitted at least one letter as the UA staff complaining about the budget.

The problem with the last game was that the world moved too fast around you. You guys need to be less concerned with speed. It's not a race. That's why I think making every committee meeting one day (or even less) is a good idea. If you feel like you need to be in the limelight every second... I don't know what to tell you. It's not feasible in a game like this. Plan your proposals carefully, discuss them outside of the committee if you want to ensure easy passage, and wait your turn. Pay attention to the committees that are in session. Just because you don't always have a say doesn't mean there's not important stuff going on.

E: As a side note, the more people there are in the game, the more committees can be run at once since there is less overlap. If no one has to choose which committee to attend then there's no problem. Not that causing someone that problem isn't part of the game in itself.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 06:12:52 am by Squeegy »
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2015, 06:15:36 am »

Most people can't log on several time a day. Having each session last one day mean we can't really have a debate.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2015, 06:22:35 am »

No... One in game day. The actual session is several days long. I explained this in the OP.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2015, 12:42:21 pm »

Nevermind, wasn't reading the thread properly.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 12:44:27 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5