Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232990 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #1635 on: January 01, 2016, 03:15:53 am »

{Fish's character's name is Net Patham. Additionally, you'd have felt the magic wherever you were, since the big event thing that happened was about 200 miles east of here.}

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: January 01, 2016, 03:18:52 am »

<I understand I would have felt the magic anywhere, but I was going off of the idea that the big event thing brought me here/made me into a demon. I can change things if need be.>>
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 03:23:10 am by chaotic skies »
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: January 01, 2016, 03:24:40 am »

{Nah, s'good. It just looked like it started affecting you as you reached the fort, so I did some fact-checking.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: January 01, 2016, 04:25:20 am »

<<Right. Well, awkward moment, because I kind of handed it off to fish, and fish appears to have disappeared>>

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: January 01, 2016, 04:31:22 am »

{He's in a different time zone, I believe.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: January 01, 2016, 05:15:56 am »

Net suddenly runs away, yelling "I might be back, I have to go take care of some stuff! Bye!"

"Well, that guy was wierd. I guess he's important, or something?"

"Yeah," replies the guard, "He's one of the founder's friends from the caverns, or something."

"Oh," I reply, gathering my thoughts.

"Well, can I meet any of these founders?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: January 01, 2016, 05:27:12 am »

((A-HEM, no autoing other people!

Also, the hours between 11 EST to ~5:30 EST are generally reserved for me sleeping.  So from....))
I slowly approach the gates. I can feel the air, charged with not only tensions, but...magic? I notice a warmth unlike any I've ever felt before, and the injuries I got from getting to close to a bear earlier heal, almost instantly. I guess they've had some !FUN! with magic recently, as the guys on bay12 would have said.

As I approach, a Guard steps out of the shadows and bellows "HALT! Who are you, and what do you intend to do here?"

Not wanting to alarm him with my admittedly off-putting name, I reply "I am Sky. I was in the area, and heard there was some interesting events around here, and came to check it out."

The guard, being a persistent ass, replied "How do I know you're not lying, and are not associated with the raid, or some other thing coming to kill us?"

I reply, rather annoyed "Look. I just woke up in the wilderness, with total amnesia, and nothing but a large stick to call my own. I fought an armored Kobold for this copper sword, and that wasn't easy. If I wanted to destroy your fort, I would have brought an army, okay? Not just me, in some home-made leather armor, with a copper sword. Now, am I allowed in, so that I won't freeze out here, or are we going to be standing here all night?"

The guard, appearing to be rather sheapish, replies "Good point. Sorry for being so paranoid, but there's been a fuck ton of wierd stuff happening, and I'm freaking out right now, okay? Let me holler to let you in, and then we can both go inside. My shift's almost over anyway."

"I'm glad we can understand each other. And I'm sorry for getting angry, but it's been...difficult out here, surviving off of the occasional fidtful of berries."
((And specifically there:))
Someone who is quite obviously a magus appears, looking rather surprised, but at the same time not very.
"You're new.  Are you new, or just new?"
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 05:33:43 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1642 on: January 01, 2016, 05:45:38 am »

>Now would probably be a good time to fess up to the fuckery with hearing voices and all that.

Say hi to the new guy before attempting to drag Fish off to a private corner/room to discuss such.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: January 01, 2016, 06:31:49 am »

{What Fish meant by "No autoing" is that making actions for other players, even likely snippets of dialogue, is terribly bad form. Do not do.   

Taking over unimportant, friendly NPCs, on the other hand, is free game.}
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 06:44:54 am by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: January 01, 2016, 10:44:20 am »

{What Fish meant by "No autoing" is that making actions for other players, even likely snippets of dialogue, is terribly bad form. Do not do.   

Taking over unimportant, friendly NPCs, on the other hand, is free game.}
((Yeah.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: January 01, 2016, 12:05:36 pm »

*Walk over to new guy*

"Here, hold this for a second."

*Tosses Gun*
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: January 01, 2016, 12:06:35 pm »

"Are you...RRRAAAAARGH WHY DO NEITHER OF YOU EVER TRY TO MAKE SENSE?!

Not you, him and someone else.  I'll take that, thank you..."

A fast-moving hand snakes out and grabs the gun.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 12:08:38 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: January 01, 2016, 12:27:12 pm »

"Alright...you're obviously not from this universe, and that pistol doesn't seem to fit quite in, but I guess there are wierder things to happen. Also, why does the air feel so charged around here?"

<<Sorry for taking over fish. I'm going to leave that though, just as a lesson to anyone reads this and wants to join. I'm trying to read to catch up from the beginning, and this is a really long story/game/whatever. I might end up putting the entire thing on a google doc, just because it'd be easier to read.>>
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 12:28:45 pm by chaotic skies »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: January 01, 2016, 12:51:59 pm »

"Compared to normal, everything isn't.  Beats me why there's more magic here if you're right...

So you aren't either?

Yeah, we're busy raising the tech level."

((You have not seen Spearbreakers, dude.  Or any of the big RPs.  This isn't even in triple digits yet.))
Sigtext

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: January 01, 2016, 12:58:52 pm »

"Are you...RRRAAAAARGH WHY DO NEITHER OF YOU MAKE SENSE?!

Not you, him and someone else.  I'll take that, thank you..."

" i just got sucked onto this realm through a magic portal that was supposed to take me to the Maintenance thread. Excuse Me."
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 262