Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232947 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #1470 on: December 14, 2015, 07:51:00 pm »

Using his knowledge of life and death, he would attempt to sense his way around the cave by sensing the life in it magically. he was almost certain he saw a small creature that could be counted as neither.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: December 14, 2015, 07:52:09 pm »

"Say what about neither?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1472 on: December 15, 2015, 04:14:52 am »

>Get the rest of the way upstairs, and get those orders out. Mysterious voice and associated rock can wait for now.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: December 15, 2015, 04:32:18 pm »

((one, that was an action, two, you can't read minds. three, he is searching for undead.))
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: December 15, 2015, 04:35:37 pm »

((Well, you'd really have to ask Amp, but I can perceive his narratortext ICly...))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: December 15, 2015, 05:06:30 pm »

*Attempt to invent an RPG powered by plump helmets*
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: December 15, 2015, 05:57:21 pm »

((Well, you'd really have to ask Amp, but I can perceive his narratortext ICly...))

No, not really. You can get the information from it, if you're in a position to.

*Attempt to invent an RPG powered by plump helmets*

The process of that attempt, which will include determining the chemical composition of Plump Helmets, and actually designing a system to make use of anything discovered, would take at least a month or two. Luckily, you should have the time, and assistants, to try, after we come out of realtime-mode.

((one, that was an action, two, you can't read minds. three, he is searching for undead.))

Well, I mean, he could build a techno-psycho-MRI or something, and then he could read minds, but that hasn't happened yet, so yeah.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: December 16, 2015, 02:47:23 pm »

The stranger perceives very little in the way of life, or unlife. There have been two massive firestorms within the last year, and the dwarves have been quite thorough in killing anything that remained in their paranoia. There are scraps, though. A few small animals in the distance, some vermin. A few saplings, taking advantage of the ash and bone to accelerate their growth. He, followed by Patham, makes his way to the nearest of them. Upon inspection, it is a little shoot of Blood Thorn. There is a passage to the penultimate chambers of the earth somewhere nearby.

Murdoc manages the last hundred steps, grumbling as to the main fort's leg-cozening horizontal nature, only to find the halls empty. There is smoke everywhere, getting thicker on the way to the entrance hall. Reaching it, he finds two sharpshooters, one with a bloody bandage over half his head, the other rubbing salve into powder-blackened hands, as the sole remaining defenders of the interior halls. Luckily, for they are in no condition to operate a manual gate, it stands open, allowing easy passage to the outside.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: December 16, 2015, 02:54:34 pm »

((I believe the requisite whatever was 'paying attention'.))
"I have to ask, what ARE you looking for?  We might have already found it."
Sigtext

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1479 on: December 16, 2015, 06:23:09 pm »

>"What the hell happened here? And how many people are left alive?"

See if we can go about fortifying the current location with what's on hand.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: December 17, 2015, 05:06:49 am »

"A'most ten are still up an' movin', includin' us, plus the merchants an' their priest. As fer the rest, they're all dead or outta action. Where'd you leader folk go, Foreman? The Commander took'n arrow and I dunno where he went after!"

The sharpshooter with the bandaged head, seeming dazed, doesn't say much, seeming very... Focused on his task of watching through the window for more of the foe. He doesn't seem to care that the smoke's too thick to see through.

The other, his rifle ruined in the explosion that burned his hands, follows you helplessly out through the gate. As you get past the worst of the smoke, you find that, despite the horrific casualties, the battle has been won, for a given value of the thing. The enemy are, most all of them, dead, aside from some of their command staff, who remain beyond the range of our guns, 900 meters or so out, after the heavy snipers failed.

About fifteen wounded, mostly dwarves with some humans in merchant's guild uniform, have been assembled under shelter, and are being tended by the fort's medical personnel, with a priest in a ruined white robe, apparently having suffered an injury of some sort himself, praying to a god you don't recognize for aid.

Five or six soldiers, largely unwounded, man the walls. It would appear that many of the guns failed during the battle, with the remains of shattered small arms littering the ramparts, at least aside from the two places, sooty and filled with scrap metal, where cannons appear to have exploded with their powder.

The two soldiers from the caverns, comparatively unharmed, if shellshocked, come through the gate behind you, looking horrified.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 12:17:25 am by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: December 17, 2015, 03:06:25 pm »

The stranger would carefully try to harvest a sample of bloodthorn, before moving back to the better illuminated areas.
"I thought I saw something moving in the darkness, though I could of been wrong. I found this stuff, though..."

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1482 on: December 17, 2015, 03:21:38 pm »

Talk with porkNinja abour new and better gund that dont explodein your face ( or have a massive explosion in ya'face)
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: December 17, 2015, 03:31:21 pm »

*Suggests to Gwolfski that perhaps a gun that shoots faulty guns would work"
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: December 17, 2015, 04:18:35 pm »

[It'll be fun when you guys get around to testing these shenanigans.]
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 262