Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Things that made you feel better today.  (Read 16953 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you feel better today.
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 01:02:56 pm »

Discovered that my boss can actually be kinda cool :)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 03:08:32 pm »

A relative took me out for lunch.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also my artwork is coming along fairly well. It's complicated, pixel stuff. I'm beginning to recognize this as a talent and thing that means I have some ability as a person to create something. (Too many people had told me I suck at everything for too long).

Leaves are hard things to do, and wood bark textures are ... interesting with the whole trying to make it fit into a given area, etc. I'm doing it fairly ok by my standards. Part of it kills me that I will be replacing every other pixel with a pure white one (or more) to make it transparent. Same deal with plants and ground cover images, except those wont' be transparent. I have a fairly labor intensive old school method that it feels weird to say I learned over 10 years ago. I can do things like shadow and stuff but damn is it hard. Perhaps worth it as mass used images I hope though.

The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 03:26:10 pm »

I UV mapped a thing! Granted, the texture is basically solid colors so I might as well have just used individual materials anyway, but the Unity documentation recommends using as few materials as possible, and hey new skill set so why not? I'll add a picture later, I'm at school at the moment.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 04:33:03 pm »

What's making me feel better is there's a number of people I've seen being happier about something now. Truean's got that Cracked article, Vector and Magma got that Imgur publicity...
I am curious on this. :)

@Thread: My parents in general. :'(

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 04:41:16 pm »

Today comrade Shook spent around 2 hours on a portrait drawing in the drawing course, and it actually came out really well (so far). People even complimented me for it, and given that this is a drawing course where the others are around (or above) my level, that's a pretty huge thing. :D

oh yeah also delicious chocolate-coated marshmallow treats are very delicious indeed
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 04:53:58 pm »

Conservation with my father erupted into sharp loud exchange of opinions as we say in my language, but I have successfully made my point and stated un-deniable argument somehow it made me feel better.

When I observe emotions of other people, I am reacting differently... I am not sure if I should be concerned, I was always cold ( at least that's how I perceive it ) and what shakes with other people is just minor thing to me...

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2015, 11:36:12 pm »

PTW. This looks like a nice thread :).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2015, 12:12:30 am »

My bed was exactly the right temperature this morning when I woke up.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Dorfs R Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2015, 01:34:09 am »

I enjoyed a bottle of wine tonight. I was pleased with a jar of newly fermented radishes and cauliflower today. I was content with watching a movie and playing Aurora space game this evening.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2015, 01:51:03 am »

For the first time, I almost feel at peace with myself. I don't hate myself right now, and it feels great.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2015, 02:02:08 am »

For the first time, I almost feel at peace with myself. I don't hate myself right now, and it feels great.
* Tiruin high-fives Kal!
Lucidity is great!

:D : Listened to a great instrumental track today. Mood and Inspiration went up a ton.
:)) : Vivid imagery out of what I want to write and draw, both in digital art and literature occurs.
^-^ : I am totally writing this down.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2015, 02:03:51 am »

Played guitar for hours. Not sure how long exactly. Lost track of time. It was nice.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2015, 02:44:16 am »

I was able to completely not care when some people said some mean things to me.

At first I was confused as to why they'd bother, then I remembered all the comment sections on all the internet containing all that hate, and my confusion just faded into complete indifference.'' I couldn't have cared less what was said or thought on that topic and it was a massive improvement for me. It was so freeing.

I used to be really bothered by stuff like that. I took everything in life rather seriously and to heart, and that mistake just about ruined me. The world can be cruel, and often was to me (as I imagine it is to others as well). I keep getting more and more mileage out of this article: http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-ways-to-keep-terrorists-from-ruining-world/

I am considering writing Mr. Wong a thank you note of some kind. My brain is (overly) analytical, and it tries to understand things. Ordinarily, this is adaptive, but not when dealing with things that don't understand themselves, like internet hate or its real world equivalent. My brain can't understand these things because there's nothing to understand. People want to bitch and they're going to no matter what I do or don't do. That took me forever to really understand.

I never understood, "It's not personal," when people told me not to let stuff like this bother me. I was expected to understand this advice and the implications. I didn't, but maybe I do now. The point is that the person complaining is mad at something, or everything and they'd complain about it no matter who was near them. This is important, because as somebody flings insults at you in this situation, they're just flinging at anything around them. They would do this NO MATTER WHO WAS AROUND THEM. <--- That's the key to understanding why people told me "it's not personal" to explain why I shouldn't get upset in this situation. It isn't me the person is mad at really.

Now, is it unfair that the other person is acting like that? Probably, but this information doesn't help me. It doesn't change anything and the only thing I can control is my reaction. Here, I have very limited contact with the person in question and I can avoid them easily. I might see them again, but I am thankfully not forced to see them all the time. Reacting at all to this person will not make me happy, and the chance of any reaction they'd produce making me happy is slim to nil. Conversely, they would probably make me very unhappy if I reacted to them. It wouldn't help.

This time, I was able to let it all go as completely irrelevant and chose not to remember what they said. "Ignoring" implies an active disregard or effort and there's none. There's no strain not to care here, and that's an important improvement for me, because that wasn't always the case.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2015, 08:00:30 am »

Apparently my grampa is doing better. I'll see if I can bring him some soup today.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2015, 08:19:04 am »

I feel like life is finally coming together. Got my anxiety medication, my budget is on track, working on a chore schedule and catching up on the zillion projects around the house I've been putting off. Life is still busy and stressful, but as I put more and more pieces in, I'm starting to finally see the full picture, and it's nice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11