Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Things that made you feel better today.  (Read 22655 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you feel better today.
« Reply #180 on: August 20, 2024, 01:13:09 pm »

Cautiously relieved to see a Democrat getting more support than Trump this year.

At least you're seeing it. I just saw on the news that our county's police department is fully endorsing Trump. My family are hardliners, and my mom's best friend said a few days ago that if Trump loses there'll be widespread violence, with the implication that's she's more than willing to pick up a gun if the democratic process doesn't go her way. She was stinking drunk at the time, but still. My mom's BF's entire street(which is the next to ours) is Trump banners.

I look forward to this next crop of domestic terrorists. If you're running around shooting at random people because your candidate lost, you deserve a bullet in the forehead.

That's the stupidest thing: who are you going to vent your anger at? People who legally voted? Random people? Just shooting up random houses? Government offices? I'm so disgusted by the lack of basic self-control, I don't fucking care what happens to people like that anymore. They'll get what they deserve.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 21, 2024, 05:42:36 pm »

Apparently olfactory hallucination is… very uncommonly associated with migraines, but has at least been reported.

I get an odd combo of cigarette smoke, rubber, and what my brain tells me is almonds. It’s not altogether unpleasant, but I usually get it a little bit before and the during a migraine, so it’s not the best association.

I am in Beijing now, and I am ready to go to the Tiananmen Square and watch the Flag-raising ceremony,  hopefully I can get the golden place and enjoy this holy moment .

What’s this ceremony about?

In the west, Tiananmen Square is associated with a heavy crackdown on protests by the government in the 80s (I want to say ‘89?) and a famous photo called Tank Man, which involved a lone student with a shopping bag standing in front of a line of tanks.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

zhijinghaofromchina

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a fan of 矮人要塞
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 21, 2024, 10:51:21 pm »

I am in Beijing now, and I am ready to go to the Tiananmen Square and watch the Flag-raising ceremony,  hopefully I can get the golden place and enjoy this holy moment .

What’s this ceremony about?

In the west, Tiananmen Square is associated with a heavy crackdown on protests by the government in the 80s (I want to say ‘89?) and a famous photo called Tank Man, which involved a lone student with a shopping bag standing in front of a line of tanks.
It is just a performance ceremony , beside the Great Wall , watching the flag raising ceremony is also considered to be an important part of the trip to Beijing , you can understand it as singing The Star-Spangled Banner in front of the White House. The meaning of this ceremony is to memorize the harmony and the flourish under the rule of the government .
By changing the national flags , the flags would keep beautiful and nice , the replaced national flag would be numbered, some of them would be presented as gifts to those who have made outstanding contributions to China, some would used in the 'Loyalty Plan '( '忠骨计划' in Chinese , a plan to find the remains of martyrs on the Korean Battlefield ), these flags would be used as a vestee on the urn of those martyrs who died during the Korean war.

Unlike the Americans , we treat our national flags in a more formal way , we do not cook cake, make clothes or shoes in the theme of Five-stars flag, this makes our national flag less 'friendly' to the public.
I left my hotel at 2 a.m. after two security gates I arrived near the railings , when the security staff annouced the allowance to pass at 4 a.m. , we ran to the railings to get the first row to watch the flag raising , after an 1.5-hour-long's wait , the flag successfully raised . It's tired to stand a long time for it , but it worth a try , my younger brother can get some patriotism education from it ,

This ceremony itself has nothing to do with the Tank man. Anyway, the 'Capitol Hill riot' lauched by Trump's supporters have nothing to do with the daily business on the Capitol.
问苍茫大地,谁主沉浮?我主沉浮!
Ask the vast land , who is in charge of the ups and downs .
I am in charge of the ups and downs !

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 21, 2024, 11:45:12 pm »

I didn’t mean to imply the protests I mentioned were related to the ceremony you were attending.

I mentioned the protest and Tank Man as it’s my understanding the government in China is strongly inclined to avoid mention of it, and as a consequence I don’t know if you’re aware of it.

It’s likely the first thing a Westerner would think of when Tiananmen Square is mentioned.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

zhijinghaofromchina

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a fan of 矮人要塞
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 22, 2024, 12:00:52 am »

I didn’t mean to imply the protests I mentioned were related to the ceremony you were attending.

I mentioned the protest and Tank Man as it’s my understanding the government in China is strongly inclined to avoid mention of it, and as a consequence I don’t know if you’re aware of it.

It’s likely the first thing a Westerner would think of when Tiananmen Square is mentioned.

Sorry maybe I misunderstand you .
 :-[  :-\
Yeah, when I was waiting for the ceremony , one family near me, the father of the family mentioned it , but the man was stopped by the woman. The government in China is strongly inclined to avoid mention of it indeedly, but besides the Tank Man , if you mentioned Tiananmen Square in China ,  we would think that it is the place of the founding ceremony of people's republic of China at first ,so this square has complicated meanings in our mind. So it is worth a trip to there .
问苍茫大地,谁主沉浮?我主沉浮!
Ask the vast land , who is in charge of the ups and downs .
I am in charge of the ups and downs !
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]