Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Things that made you feel better today.  (Read 16954 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you feel better today.
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2015, 09:08:40 am »

Showering! ;D
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2015, 10:01:02 am »

Oh man Truean, i envy you so badly right now. "Caring" is deeply embedded in my nervous system, and something as inane as a drunk old cock yelling at someone else in the bus (both completely unrelated to me) is enough to rattle me for an entire day. Even when i say i don't care, i'm only pretending. :I
I'm glad to hear that others are making progress in that area, though!

In other news, i spoke to a relevant person today and came a bit closer to getting rid of this constant doubt in the back of my head about my study, which is nice. I also bought some delicious cake on the way home, which i definitely needed on a slow day like this. c:
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2015, 12:37:29 pm »

My anti-SAD light arrived! I feel more productive than I have in weeks. Time to get some Greek done.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2015, 03:15:41 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:27:21 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2015, 04:45:50 pm »

I'll add a picture later, I'm at school at the moment.

It's hard to tell, but that thing on his face is supposed to be a mustache. I was trying to make the eyes a bit less terrifying than the standard nutcracker eyes, but I think I only made them worse. It may not look very good, but hey, I technically did it I guess!
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2015, 04:58:14 pm »

Went to my grandad's funeral today. I feel better now for it I think.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2015, 06:03:16 pm »

It was about 75oF with a pleasant breeze and a faint scent of flowers earlier today after school outside. It was also really quiet since it was about 1/2 an hour after school ended. Just overall very nice and relaxing. :D

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2015, 06:10:04 pm »

It was about 75oF with a pleasant breeze and a faint scent of flowers earlier today after school outside. It was also really quiet since it was about 1/2 an hour after school ended. Just overall very nice and relaxing. :D

spring weather outside in general, fuckin' groundhogs be damned

makes me want to ride around in the old 88 toyota I have in my garage, and go fishing at the lake and get really drunk

it's a very pleasant thing :)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2015, 10:26:36 pm »

This did not make me feel better. It's below zero right now. The low is -17. Brrrrr.

On the other hand, this is supposed to be the last really cold day for a while.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2015, 02:26:32 am »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:27:09 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2015, 03:28:48 am »

My uncle invited me and my girlfriend out to dinner at his house, and we had lasagna and played some card games.
Then we went and picked up my new glasses, and I bought her some flowers while she visited a friend who works at a store nearby.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2015, 12:51:39 pm »

A good night's sleep and a day that was challenging but not frustrating. Pretty much top tier life shit.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2015, 05:59:16 pm »

They convicted one of the people who (basically) threatened to kill me, and sentenced him to 48 months in prison with 12 months suspended (3 years).

My whole life has been derailed and it's the kind of thing that is really hard to explain to people. I tell myself I'll sell the book rights someday to make myself feel better. Maybe I will be able to and maybe I won't. The truth is, I hate this shit. Lots of egotistical people try to one up one another and it's really dumb. I was a kind, considerate, professional person, and they interpreted it as weakness (and a license to abuse the shit out of me).

Not gonna lie, I still get angry sometimes about it, but sometimes I don't anymore. Somewhat of an improvement.... There's an extreme level of emotional abuse that erodes your ability to cope with things. Been there. Step in the right direction, towards being a more personally functioning person again.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2015, 04:31:02 am »

I apparently have a mild tracheal infection. As opposed to, say, bronchitis, pneumonia, or lung cancer. Not that any of those except the first was ever an option.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2015, 03:16:41 pm »

I figured out some of the reasoning why I, and other people feel tired and screwed up quite a lot: abuse and completely insane expectations.

We have many impossible roles and responsibilities, and people abuse us when we inevitably can't meet them. This is other people shoving their problems onto us, or shoving more of their problems onto us than we deserve. To them, we're just machines to solve their problems, and even then they're abusing the machine....

Even if somebody's problem is ours to deal with, like at work, too much gets shoveled on us. Work quotas are difficult or impossible to meet, because they want to squeeze every last drop out of us, and sadly this often comes with screaming, threats, etc. This is the same as someone screaming at a machine and threatening it, except worse, because we're talking about a person here. It doesn't help solve problems; it creates them. Same thing goes with semi or totally voluntary measures. Relationships and friendships.

All of this leads to our bodies being out of whack. Depression, anxiety, ulcers, hair loss, migraines, stomach problems, weight gain or loss, etc. Stress was natures way to tell our bodies to STOP doing something. Except we can't stop doing a lot of these things, and so our internal systems get all out of whack because you need to compensate somehow, comfort food, alcohol, drugs, laying in bed (depression), etc.

Worse yet, if you don't seem stressed out enough, that leads people to think you're not trying....

Not sure what the answer is just yet, but identifying the problem is huge. Will have to think on this problem and how to solve it.

I made a nice tree:

« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 04:25:07 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11