Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30

Author Topic: AD&D: Heroes of Ilbete  (Read 29904 times)

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
Re: Anybody interested in playing some Dungeons and Dragons? (AD&D)
« Reply #210 on: March 15, 2015, 09:17:49 pm »

[Yeah, you said it, I just didnt see it...]
Looks at the sign for the Tavern

"Oh! We're there! Well, lets go then."

Make an awareness check. If no one is watching us, head to the back.

All clear. Your group moves around to the back. There is a door above a slightly raised stoop. What would you like to do? Dampe suggests that somebody knock, to be polite.
Regards,
Dampe

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 15, 2015, 09:27:23 pm »

"Yeah, we should knock..."

Knock on the door.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 15, 2015, 10:49:20 pm »

See if there are any windows back here to peer in through.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 16, 2015, 12:56:02 pm »

"Cromwell, what the hell are you doing?" Cromwell has his face firmly planted to the wall of the tavern. "What does it look like I'm doing? I'm looking for a window!" "Well, carry on, I guess..." Plor steps up to the back door to knock, but just before it does so, the door swings open with a crash! A skinny goblin in an apron and a chef's hat stands in the doorway. "Yous must be the fellows Mister Diokles wanted me to let inta de inn. I'm Dicaeus, de best goblin chef 'round dese parts. Only goblin chef, really, but that's beside de point. C'mere, I'll bring yous out ta Mister Diokles. Mind de plates." The goblin guides you through a kitchen piled high with dirty dishes, pots, and pans. In his heavy armor, Dampe has a fair bit of trouble navigating through the towers of dishes, and inadvertently topples one pile over! "Fuck!" "Oh, don't worry about dat," the goblin chef says, "less plates for me ta wash!" As you enter the main room of the Baying Hound, where you'd been before, you see the burly bartender wiping out dingy glass mugs with a rag. A pretty young lady who appears to be a waitress is gathering plates from around the bar. At the only table large enough to seat your entire group, a portly man wearing a hood is occupying a chair. He looks up as you enter the room. "Ah, the adventurers are here!" He makes a show of standing up and shaking each of your hands in turn. "Hello, there. I'm Diokles Taudenrauch, I'm the owner of this tavern. The strapping fellow behind the bar is old Pythios," The bartender pauses from polishing glasses long enough to raise a hand in greeting. The waitress greets you as well. "I'm Ianthe Wessel, I work as the waitress here. Let me know if you need anything." She beams, and Cromwell could swear she winked at him. Diokles gestures towards the chairs at the table he had been sitting at. "Come on, have a seat, we have much to explain."
Regards,
Dampe

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 16, 2015, 05:49:58 pm »

Sit down
"Indeed you do. Whats with all the secrecy?"

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 16, 2015, 06:46:34 pm »

Glance back at the waitress, then take a seat.
Cromwell rested his hands on the table, awaiting the man's response to his comrade.
The Derail Thread

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 16, 2015, 07:15:57 pm »

ptw
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 16, 2015, 08:59:42 pm »

Diokles frowns. "I'm afraid that it is a precaution we must take. One moment." Diokles whistles to get Pythios' attention. "Pythios, I want you and Dicaeus to tail our dear friend Vilkas. I believe you and I both know where he's off to, so it shouldn't be that hard to catch up to him." Pythios nods. "Aye, sir." He procures a broadsword and scabbard from beneath the bar. "Just in case." Pythios hammers on the door to the kitchen. "Dicaeus! Get off your ass! We've got work to do!" The clatter and smash of breaking plates can be heard from the kitchen, as well as quite a few choice expletives from the goblin cook. After a moment Dicaeus steps out from the kitchen, his chef's hat and apron replaced with a set of tattered leather armor and a matching cap. Diokles wishes the pair good luck, and Pythios and the goblin step out of the tavern and fade into the night. "Now," Diokles says, "Where were we?" "You were about to explain to us what all's going on in this town." "Oh, yes!" The man's face turns grim. "Every year, Ilbete [the town you are in, just to refresh you guys' memory] holds its Fullmoon Festival at around this time. A centuries-old local tradition, you see. On the night of the full moon, two days from now, the whole town comes together to celebrate the coming harvest beneath the light of the full moon. But in the months leading up to this year's festival, things have been different. There've been disappearances. At first it was just animals. Pets, livestock, vanished without a trace in the night. Then people began to disappear. Nobody dares to speak of such things. Superstition alone prevents most people from talking openly about it. Folks no longer walk the streets alone at night, always strolling in twos or threes now. To make matters worse, that shameful excuse for an adventurer, Vilkas Varcolac, has been sowing seeds of distrust in the minds of the villagers here." Diokles nods towards Plor. "That's the fellow you blinded. Him and his cronies have gotten it into the heads of the townspeople that outsiders are to blame for anything that goes wrong in this village. Only me, Pythios, Ianthe, and old Dicaeus have not fallen prey to his rhetoric. He's a petty crook masquerading as a 'protector of the people!' We've called you here because we believe he's up to something, and whatever it is, we believe it will happen in two nights' time, at the Fullmoon Festival. Varcolac and the goons who follow him will leave town for days, even weeks at a time, and then return as if nothing had happened. But we've managed to pinpoint where we believe him and his men have been going. There's an abandoned chapel atop a hill in the Fullmoon Forest, a shrine to a long-forgotten deity. That's where he's made his hideout, we suspect." He goes into detail about the geography of the area surrounding the village, droning on for what feels like hours about the Fullmoon Forest, and the local folklore. All of a sudden, the door to the tavern bursts open, and Pythios staggers in. Wounded in a dozen places, he manages to speak. "It was a trap...Argh, they knew we were following Varcolac. They lured us deep into the forest, and sprung their ambush. Warriors, at least eight of them. I only recognized a couple of them...Otsoa and Lobo...The rest were all strangers to me. Poor Dicaeus was slain before he could even draw his blade. I managed to wound one of them and make a break for it, but not before they wounded me. I lost my blade on the way. They fought like a pack of dogs..." Pythios collapses to the floor. Diokles, after recovering from the initial shock, leaps up and runs to his side. "Ianthe! Get me some rags from the kitchen, quick!" Ianthe, who'd been stacking plates, rushes off in search of rags. Diokles turns to face your party. "Do any of you know any healing spells? Pythios will surely die without one."
Regards,
Dampe

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 16, 2015, 09:10:49 pm »

Cromwell looked at his teammates "I don't, no. Anyone else?"
The Derail Thread

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 16, 2015, 09:31:01 pm »

Cromwell looked at his teammates "I don't, no. Anyone else?"

Dampe puts his hands in front of him in a gesture of self-defense!
"Don't look at me! I'm the tank!"

[Fuck, Plor, do you have any other spells besides that lighty thing you used to blind Vilkas? XD Shit, did Tawa have a healing spell?]
Regards,
Dampe

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 16, 2015, 09:35:56 pm »

[Note: If Pythios dies, the first dungeon we encounter is kind of potentially going to be very very fun. No pressure or anything, but GODDAMNIT GUYS FIX HIM!!!!! D:]
Regards,
Dampe

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 16, 2015, 09:37:45 pm »

((Looking back at Tawa's stats, I doubt he knows any magic.))
The Derail Thread

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 17, 2015, 12:51:09 am »

"No, I don't, but I can at least try to help staunch the bleeding!"

Plor jumps up and runs to Pythios. He begins to press on his wounds in order to stop the bleeding.

((We have a cleric, right?! I'm pretty sure someone was a cleric!))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 17, 2015, 01:37:52 am »

((PTW. This is hilarious. Never really seen AD&D before.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 17, 2015, 08:25:32 am »

((We have a cleric, right?! I'm pretty sure someone was a cleric!))

[Immaterial's a cleric!]

Dampe draws his sword. "Do we want to amputate? Because I can amputate."
Regards,
Dampe
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30