Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Scribble Clan [ISG]  (Read 2520 times)

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
Scribble Clan [ISG]
« on: February 23, 2015, 07:32:35 pm »

This game is the newborn scion of a noble line, whose ranks include the great and glorious pixel tribe and the unparalleled Spud Settlement of which the bards sing. Let not this heir sully the blood of this ancient house.
In other words, I stole this idea and hopefully I won't mess it up.

Note that the drawings don't include a lot of detail, so if you think there should be something there that isn't pictured (ie, sticks on the ground in a forest), it probably is there. This is a classic suggestion game with everyone suggesting actions for any and all characters and majority ruling.

A group of ten stand in a meadow with only a few basic tools between them. There are mountains to the North, a river to the West and the South, a pond in the South-East, and a forest in the East. The sun is low in the sky.

What should they do?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Scribble Clan [ISG]
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 07:46:51 pm »

Chop down some trees and begin by making simple walls around them. We can worry about houses after we're safe. Use some wood to make spears to fish from the river. The guy with the spade thing should dig a trench outside the walls.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 08:15:39 pm »

Chop down some trees and begin by making simple walls around them. We can worry about houses after we're safe. Use some wood to make spears to fish from the river. The guy with the spade thing should dig a trench outside the walls.
+1
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 09:28:56 pm »

The guy with the spade get to work, pacing off some trenches and starting to dig. Are the proposed measurements good?
The axe wielder starts tree chopping. He thinks the first tree will fall after another turn of work. How should the walls be made? Upright pieces of wood, or the whole log just lying on its side?
The others gather sticks from the edge of the forest without entering it. Not sure how to sharpen them, the pick-axe wielder just swings at them a bit. A semi-sharp stick emerges, and one off the others tries to fish with it. It's harder than it looks.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 09:33:14 pm »

The outline should be a bit larger, say about twice as wide/tall.

The walls should use logs that are upright, with dirt packed in behind them to allow people to walk behind them.

Also, atleast one person should look for sharp rocks, and those who arent currently working should forage for food.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 09:39:56 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 09:50:46 pm »

I would say the plan is good. Picks often have sharp levers on the back for prying out the stone you cracked. Run the tip of the stick across that quickly at an angle rotating between 30 and 90 degrees each run. that should get you a decent point.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 10:37:52 pm »

The digging guy increases his paced off area by about double in all directions. He keeps digging.
The axe-wielder finishes cutting his tree, and it falls with a big crash, yielding two logs. These are promptly hauled off by a pair of guys, who think they can get a section of wall finished with another turn of work.
The pick-axe person tries some sort of magical sharpening technique to make the next spear. Concluding that this man must be a witch, the others quickly get away from him. One of them takes the (clearly magical) spear and tries fishing with it alongside the other fisher. Neither have any luck.
Another guy goes looking for sharp rocks. He finds plenty of rocks in the river, but they are all worn smooth. Should he try to make them sharp?

The last two people wander into the forest looking for food. They find some berry bushes, a group of mushrooms, and some 6-legged antlered creatures eating the berries. The creatures don't seem to aggressive, but they do look pretty scary.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 10:42:21 pm »

Have the forest guys get some berries and mushrooms. Don't eat just yet.

Also, sure, try sharpening. Knapping raises loads of attributes. :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 10:44:02 pm »

I support both of the above.

The miner guy and one of the guys with a spear should head north to the mountains, inorder to see what is there.
Highly Opinionated Fool

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 11:40:01 pm »

I do.support the above and the idea above that, but, as my addition, not only berries should be picked, but vines too. Care should also be taken not to spook the creatures.

As fort he fishers, i feel they should give up fishing like that, for now. Instead, find an area close to the river, in which they may dig a shallow hole with their hands, in hopes of finding small worms or stuff.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 09:26:48 am »

Do not take the mushrooms, they are obviously magical. Just gather berries and vines.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 10:14:25 am »

I do.support the above and the idea above that, but, as my addition, not only berries should be picked, but vines too. Care should also be taken not to spook the creatures.
+1

As fort he fishers, i feel they should give up fishing like that, for now. Instead, find an area close to the river, in which they may dig a shallow hole with their hands, in hopes of finding small worms or stuff.
+1, yeah look for crayfish and other shelled creatures on the riverbed or near the bank. Maybe we can make a net to use later on for catching fish.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 10:19:38 am »

Heck, we might find clams or something.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 10:26:41 am »

Do not take the mushrooms, they are obviously magical. Just gather berries and vines.
+1 We don't want to anger Fay creatures or some Trolls over a few mushrooms.
Pages: [1] 2 3