Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Scribble Clan [ISG]  (Read 2518 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Scribble Clan [ISG]
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 11:01:43 am »

Obviously a fairy circle. We should only mess with it if A: we have magic already and want to strike a deal or B: none of our other attempts to gain magic worked and we want to make a deal as a last-ditch attempt.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 08:41:39 pm »

Pick-axe guy takes his pick-axe and newly-finished spear and ventures North to the mountains. When he gets there, he finds that there are some veins of lighter grey in the dark grey rock, as well as a shadowy and somewhat scary-looking cave entrance. He also finds a rather large fellow lying on a mountainside.

Back at the river, the two abandon spear-fishing and instead start digging around in the mud for something. One of them triumphantly lifts a worm!
It turns out that knapping is pretty straightforward, and the knapper thinks he will be able to finish his sharp rock after 1 more turn. What is he making, anyway? A spear/arrowhead type-deal, or an axe head/hand knife thing?
The construction of the wall goes pretty well; it covers about a quarter of the length of the trench.
Speaking of the trench, the digger has discovered that he's actually pretty good at what he does - a digger's headband appears on his head to signify his newfound skill!

He revises his estimate of finishing the trench to 3 more turns.
The Woodcutter starts chopping away at a new tree.

Over in the forest, the two food gatherers look suspiciously at the mushroom circle before deciding that it is probably magical too. Choosing to grab the berries and vines instead, they opt to just uproot the whole plant and carry it back. The antlered creatures seem mildly amused by their antics.
It will probably take them a turn to haul the plant back to the plains.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2015, 08:51:46 pm »

Alright, food guys are going well. Let them do their thing. We can make a pact with the fairies after establishing a civilization.

Knapper guy should make an axe head. If it's going to take him a turn to make these things, he should at least make multipurpose things until he can make them faster.

Leave the ore alone for now. We don't want to wake up the big guy or things in the cave of forebodingness by poking rocks with pointy metal sticks.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2015, 09:08:56 pm »

Alright, food guys are going well. Let them do their thing. We can make a pact with the fairies after establishing a civilization.

Knapper guy should make an axe head. If it's going to take him a turn to make these things, he should at least make multipurpose things until he can make them faster.

Leave the ore alone for now. We don't want to wake up the big guy or things in the cave of forebodingness by poking rocks with pointy metal sticks.

+1. Make the pick-axe guy come back. We can probably negotiate with the giant later when we have something to gift him. Maybe later we can feed berries to those antler creatures to try to domesticate them?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2015, 09:32:27 pm »

The guys by the river manage to both find some more stuff - one finds a crayfish and the other finds another worm.
The pair carrying the plant manage to haul the whole thing back with only minimal falling-down. They think that it probably has enough fruit on it for a small meal for half the group. It will be eating time soon, but not too soon - another two or three turns.
The pick-axe bearer returns from his journey telling stories about how huge everything is up North. Nobody is sure whether he's telling the truth or just tall tales.
The woodcutter fells his second tree and moves onto a third. The builders haul away the resulting logs to keep working on the wall.
The knapper finishes his axehead, but he isn't certain how to go about making an axe with it.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2015, 09:37:00 pm »

Knapper guy should collaborate with pickaxe guy to make an axe with the pointy stick. Use vines from the bush.

Bush guys should go back into the forest and grab as many berries as they can before the sun goes down.

The river guys are probably OK. Same for the woodcutter guy and the guys working on the house.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2015, 10:37:15 pm »

You can actually twist several vines together to make a stronger thing of rope, it they are twisted tightly enough, and then tied off at the end. . . . so have someone do that. . . . also, we need fire, now. . . . which means more stone, a quick bit of digging to make a small, grassless patch, and gathering of lots of twigs and stuff. . .  preferably dry
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2015, 04:15:42 pm »

Knapper guy gets some help with his axe - pickaxe guy splits the top of a stick into two, and while knapper guy is trying to shove the axehead betwwen the two halves, pickaxe guy continues to flaunt his magical powers by turning some vines into a rope. Between them, they successfully craft a makeshift-but-sturdy stone axe.
Everyone who's looking for food keeps it up. One of the guys by the river finds a mud-turtle. He notices that he's gotten pretty good at spotting edible things among the rocks and mud, and a forager's headband appears to show this to everyone. His friend is still struggling to find anything.
The pair return to the forest the forest to find the antlered creatures gone, and some wolf-like thingies with scorpion tails in their place. Maybe they're friendly?
Anyways, one of the gatherers strips the berries off of a bush while the other gathers an armful of firewood. They also discover a talent for foraging, and some more golden headwear appears.

Their sharp eyes spot previously unnoticed food on the ground - clusters of purple fungus can be found throughout the forest.

The digger keeps at it: the trench is nearly finished!
The work on the wall continues, and it now covers half of one side of the trench.
The woodcutter chops away at a third tree.

The sun has reached its zenith.
Spoiler: Author's Note (click to show/hide)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2015, 04:20:33 pm »

((I think that what we need is some sort of inventory, or things like food units and current consumption rates, that would be nice and allow us to planify.))

Have the gatherers begin gathering fungus form different patches, never depleting any of them. Also they shouldstay away from the scorpion wolves.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2015, 04:39:21 pm »

I think that the foragers should come back. The scorpion wolves sound nasty.

Everybody else is probably OK doing what they're doing.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2015, 04:40:31 pm »

+1 to Tomcost, also, the forager without the headband should instead grab the axe and start chopping some more trees. The miner should work on making more rope, and if he has time to make a firedrill.

The Digger, if finished with the ditch, should dig a hole inside the ditch for planting the bush in.

-ninja edit- I dont think we need to be too worried yet, but they should stay at our edge of the forest.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2015, 05:59:40 pm »

I like the ratio of story to images the way it is, but if it's more convenient to write more and draw less or vice versa I don't mind.

Plant the bush near the encampment, but not in the defensive trench

Pull up some long grass and weave it into a net to sift through the mud more effectively

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2015, 07:34:40 pm »

By "inside" the trench I mean "inside the area encompassed by the trench".
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2015, 07:46:52 pm »

I think the ratio's fine as it is. Do what makes you feel comfortable.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

InstantHax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2015, 09:17:42 pm »

Don't forget that we should have at least 2 guys that are designated warriors/hunters.

You never know what the wildness contains....

No hacks here...........just move along :3
Pages: 1 [2] 3