Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who will run the successor thread to MurderMachines!

Shaggard
- 1 (3.3%)
TheFlame52
- 9 (30%)
peregarrett
- 8 (26.7%)
CaptainMcClellan
- 6 (20%)
Kefkacrazy
- 6 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: March 13, 2015, 03:14:20 pm

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: MurderMachines's Successor  (Read 30593 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: MurderMachines's Successor
« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2015, 11:20:54 am »

Can we get a poll on some things?

Should we add tame able, trainable, shoulder sized dragons that CAN NOT breath fire. They don't have to be to strong but I dont think it would clash with the style of deathgate (we already have void spawn and I fi remmber correctly we are going to have a demon civ)
I'm okay with that.
Flying right? I love it when dragons can fly.
Well, assuming they're shoulder-sized for a dwarf. ( ie, at least half the size ) then yeah, I don't see why not. Just make sure that they'll actually show up in-world and in-fort.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2015, 12:51:36 pm »

So basically, they'll be four-legged scaly bugbats. And bugbats are already remarkably vicious.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2015, 02:21:55 pm »

Can we get a poll for what mods are to be included?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2015, 03:13:01 pm »

I pretty much support most things, though a list of what you intend would be nice to see.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2015, 08:11:47 pm »

Should we add tame able, trainable, shoulder sized dragons that CAN NOT breath fire. They don't have to be to strong but I dont think it would clash with the style of deathgate (we already have void spawn and I fi remmber correctly we are going to have a demon civ)
I'm okay with that.
Well, assuming they're shoulder-sized for a dwarf. ( ie, at least half the size ) then yeah, I don't see why not. Just make sure that they'll actually show up in-world and in-fort.

Just to clarify, I can't realy mod that much... :-\
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2015, 08:25:59 pm »

I'm okay with that.

Just to clarify, I can't realy mod that much... :-\
Well... Then no shoulder dragons most likely. I'm still trying to get the three things I added to place nicely. Not to mention I have to get the materials I'm making in.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2015, 04:47:29 am »

It wouldn't be that hard. All we really need to do is copy the body plan ingredients for dragons to a new body plan, adjust the proportions a bit, copy the creature entry for dragons, rename them, make them smaller, and remove the fire interaction. I could probably do so this Friday, if necessary.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2015, 05:38:52 am »

I'm going to toss in Armoksteel as a material only accessible through DFhack. It'll have a role in the ending. so I'll put it in Slaughterhelm so we can have strange moods of it.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2015, 08:24:31 am »

It wouldn't be that hard. All we really need to do is copy the body plan ingredients for dragons to a new body plan, adjust the proportions a bit, copy the creature entry for dragons, rename them, make them smaller, and remove the fire interaction. I could probably do so this Friday, if necessary.
Yeah. That sounds nice.

I've come down with a horrible stomach virus, so I may not be around much for the next few days and I won't be working on my mod.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2015, 06:10:23 pm »

Yeah. That sounds nice.

I've come down with a horrible stomach virus, so I may not be around much for the next few days and I won't be working on my mod.

Would you add color variation for scales and eye color? Maybe in the same way dwarvs have difrent appearances?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2015, 06:58:55 pm »

Yeah. That sounds nice.

Would you add color variation for scales and eye color? Maybe in the same way dwarvs have difrent appearances?
Shouldn't be impossible. I could give it a shot later...

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2015, 08:36:52 pm »

Ah, the magic of modding. Pernese fire lizards, nuclear reactors, crafting arrows out of your enemy's severed arm and shooting him with them... Awesome.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

YHVH

• Bay Watcher
  • Batshit Insane God
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 03, 2015, 12:38:30 pm »

Ah, the magic of modding. Pernese fire lizards, nuclear reactors, crafting arrows out of your enemy's severed arm and shooting him with them... Awesome.
Wouldn't it be better to shoot the entire arm?
So, now I have a moat filled with magma AND patrolled by ghosts. It is quite nice actually.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 03, 2015, 02:17:38 pm »

Well, you can throw his arm at him without any mods, but it takes some strange things to end up shooting Urist Mcunlucky with *Urist Mcunlucky Bone Arrow*.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 03, 2015, 02:35:15 pm »

Even funnier is if you throw Urist McUnlucky off a cliff onto *Urist McUnlucky Bone Spears*.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19