Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who will run the successor thread to MurderMachines!

Shaggard
- 1 (3.3%)
TheFlame52
- 9 (30%)
peregarrett
- 8 (26.7%)
CaptainMcClellan
- 6 (20%)
Kefkacrazy
- 6 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: March 13, 2015, 03:14:20 pm

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: MurderMachines's Successor  (Read 30590 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: MurderMachines's Successor
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2015, 12:28:43 pm »

Yeah, hard to get things which can do a breath/cloud attack to not spam it without setting the timer up quite a bit.
XD It's fine. That's supposed to be its main attack anyway. It's (intended to be) pretty much just acting in self-defense, rather than to kill. That's what makes it different than other semimegabeasts. I'm gonna send you the entity RAWs, because this is the 12th test world and still no sign of domovye or reapers. Now to remove the reaper genders again. ( I was thinking that it could be a propagation insufficiency. )

EDIT: Nevermind. It was a stupid error on my part. I forgot to start the entity file with "[OBJECT:ENTITY]" * facepalms hard. *
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 12:34:22 pm by CaptainMcClellan »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2015, 01:57:18 am »

Does anyone know of a way to select what the figurine depicts or select various types of stone/wood?
I think there's no way to select the image of figurine. As for material, you can make a few castes that differ only in material the afterdeath figurine is made of, through CREATURE_MAT token.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2015, 08:08:19 am »

Hmmm. Would anyone like a giant pterosaur-based monster? Sort of like these azdarchids but with sharp spines, multiple wings, two secondary heads and dwarves in place of baby sauropods. Maybe some preying mantis-style blades as an extra finger on their innermost pair of wings. I'm not sure how well I could get the materials bit done, though.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2015, 04:33:18 pm »

So, are we thinking for caverns, or evil biomes?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2015, 04:46:23 pm »

What would be for the caverns or evil biomes?
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2015, 09:05:41 pm »

Personally I would love to have shoulder sized dragons, make them a bit more common than vanilla dragons (so you will see a few roaming the map) make the tame able, and  war trainable. (Though remove the fire breath) and give them wings, bonus points for genitic diversity in coloration and eye color.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2015, 03:16:52 am »

Personally I would love to have shoulder sized dragons, make them a bit more common than vanilla dragons (so you will see a few roaming the map) make the tame able, and  war trainable. (Though remove the fire breath) and give them wings, bonus points for genitic diversity in coloration and eye color.
Fire-lizards of Pern, anyone?
Or better Pratchett-style, self-explosive creatures, for more !!FUN!!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2015, 06:28:21 am »

I have the "explosive kamikaze"-intereaction I requested from someone, if you want it. Were this a Discworld mod, I'd also offer to code in the various breeds. But at any rate, the "kamikaze"-interaction causes the creature that has it to die of oozing sores and stuff, leaving bits of tissue and blood everywhere, while giving the creature the ability to generate clouds of fiery dust. If I change the interaction so that the creature will only have the ability to generate such a cloud for the two ticks before it dies (which might require instant necrosis of the brain to time it properly), it would be perfect for Discworld-esque shoulder dragons.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 06:30:45 am by Dwarf4Explosives »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2015, 07:25:24 pm »

I'm about out of patience. If you all aren't done with your mods in two days (Wednesday afternoon) I'm starting Slaughterhelm without them.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2015, 10:59:07 pm »

I'm about out of patience. If you all aren't done with your mods in two days (Wednesday afternoon) I'm starting Slaughterhelm without them.
Why so soon? Don't you still have a MurderMachines turn to do? Besides... Do you really want to risk a rushed mod? Keep in mind you do go first... :p

EDIT: On a more serious note, tommorrow is my longest class day and I have makeups, homework, and extra credit to do... I need at least until Friday, and even then I'll have to cut out a lot of features and valuable testing... :(
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 11:01:25 pm by CaptainMcClellan »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2015, 12:24:55 am »

On an unrelated and less serious note, y'know the explosive kamikaze? You know Melting in Nuclear Throne? Can we combine the ideas for amazing in DF? Look at dead body, push button, body becomes explosion of lethal blood and chunky salsa.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2015, 09:22:38 am »

Good news everyone! Nightbringers no longer destroy the entire world at world-gen! :D ( I was having that issue with Medium and Large sized worlds. It seems to be fixed. )

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2015, 10:50:38 am »

Can we get a poll on some things?

Should we add tame able, trainable, shoulder sized dragons that CAN NOT breath fire. They don't have to be to strong but I dont think it would clash with the style of deathgate (we already have void spawn and I fi remmber correctly we are going to have a demon civ)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2015, 10:52:23 am »

Should we add tame able, trainable, shoulder sized dragons that CAN NOT breath fire. They don't have to be to strong but I dont think it would clash with the style of deathgate (we already have void spawn and I fi remmber correctly we are going to have a demon civ)
I'm okay with that.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2015, 10:56:55 am »

I'm okay with that.
Flying right? I love it when dragons can fly.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19