Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Missing the Birdgirl. Not that one, the other one]  (Read 58583 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Adventurers of the Lost Isle/[1st Cycle~Dark, quiet places]
« Reply #465 on: March 16, 2015, 12:04:59 pm »

"I assume you are whispering mind-talk to each other."

"Ya can too. If ya let me in. I always ask pahmission." She insists, raising an eyebrow.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 16, 2015, 01:41:22 pm »

Aldeth sends flashes of her memories to Coney, in an attempt to describe her childhood. She sends images of her mother as a heavy handed anti-magic preacher, Aldeth's own first forays into the supernatural, and fragments of her mother's attempts to 'reform', 'cure' and 'exorcise' her. Needless as it was to say, <No.>
She goes quiet for a minute, both externally and internally, before 'speaking' again. <Can you show me how to build a wall?>

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 16, 2015, 02:04:26 pm »

"I assume you are whispering mind-talk to each other."

"Ya can too. If ya let me in. I always ask pahmission." She insists, raising an eyebrow.
"...you may, so long as you cannot change anything."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 16, 2015, 02:05:01 pm »

Coney hangs her head, sorting through what you're sending to her. She responds by sending images of her own , happier childhood-the bonds of love and friendship forged through adversity, the links of the chains that tie many together...

*"...I can. Let me guide you...let me hold the burden, till you're ready for it."*

Over the next few hours, she and Coney will continue to practice this technique, but for the moment Aldeth feels the Ranger's mind tenderly sheltering her own-right now it's not so much a wall, as a thicket of dark leaves where they both can hide. Aldeth senses this is taking no shortage of willpower on Coneys part, to shield them together.

And yet, for the moment...the voices fall blissfully silent.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 16, 2015, 02:42:35 pm »

Samara attunes her wand to thunder. She does her best to listen in on the others' conversations without letting anyone know that she is.

((Portent rolls special case:
1. IF something tries to grapple Samara while in the water, THEN substitute the 3 for its roll.
2. IF something tries to grapple another party member while in the water, THEN substitute the 7 for its roll. If multiple party members are grappled simultaneously, give the 7 to the enemy targeting the party member least likely to avoid being grappled.))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 16, 2015, 02:45:27 pm »

Aldeth doesn't want to disrupt much of the blissful silence, but she sends a brief <Thank you.>

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 16, 2015, 03:16:26 pm »

Aldeth gets a reassuring mental nod in return from Coney.

Aldeth gains a new ability!
Empathic Mindlink
Effect: This ability positively links several minds in conjunction, sharing their mental strength as a unified whole. The user can link as a number of people equal to their WIS score as a free action. If any one of them fail a mental save against a spell or effect they can automatically make another save-using their various single members highest CHA, WIS or INT scores as the modifier, at an advantage. This ability is constant and requires no upkeep, but breaks down if at least three re-rolled saves have been failed, requiring a long rest to recover the ability and repair the damage from failed saves.

The user can freely choose to incorporate and remove members as long as they and their target are conscious. The user can also choose who to preferentially protect, if needed. There are downsides, however-if the user who initiated the Mindlink is killed or knocked out, all members gain disadvantage on all of their mental rolls, attacks and abilities relying on those rolls for 1 minute. Likewise, a mental ability or spell that ultimately causes the Mindlink to fail has a 50% chance of affecting all linked characters as well, forcing them to make separate saves.

Finally, the Mindlink allows all linked members to share their senses-sight, sound, smell, touch and so forth. The range of the Mindlink is a 100 ft from the user. You cannot Mindlink an obvious hostile.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 03:20:12 pm by Dwarmin »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 16, 2015, 05:13:42 pm »

"So, Coney," Samara begins, sneering only slightly at the name, "Lights. Are they a boon or a hazard in the places we will go? If the former, I can provide all the lights we will need before we depart. I have, however, heard tales of creatures that would merely track us more easily in the waters, though I know not whether they were true-told."

Checks. Whichever would be appropriate of History/Nature/Arcana regarding the Sunkenstew and things that might dwell within.

3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 16, 2015, 05:36:27 pm »

"Well, lights. We need to see where weah going, don't we?" Coney taps her forehead. " 'Course, if something sees the light, it'll attack. But, if it gets close enough to see yer lights, it's already smelled and heard ya.

Ironic, that. The trick to being invisible down here, isn't not being seen-everything down here sees in the dark better than you can-it's not being there at all. Don't make no noise. Don't leave yer smells about. Don't linger in one place too long. Go fast.

Go quiet. It's the best way. Light yer silly lamps, Miss Elf. It won't make any dang of difference."

History/Nature/Arcana regarding the Sunkenstew and things that might dwell within.

Knowledge Checks
History 3+5=8
Nature 13+5=18
Arcana 3+5=8

Samara can think lots of nasty thing that dwell underneath a swamp-alot of hostile reptilian and piscine humanoids (Sarco should be offended), certainly, and the things that prey on them-like giant monsters reptiles and fish, no surprise.

She knows areas like this mired in deep and old waters are sometimes powerful elemental focus points, and usually attract tourists from the elemental plane of water-like mephits, Aboleths, Marids, Janni, Bronze Dragons and various other aquatic nasties.

She's never heard of this place in any of her histories, though. She knows there was once an ancient progenitor city in this region-or the entire region might have been one big city-and the ruins may have been a capital building. It might stand to reason this 'Sunkenstew' was the basin of an ancient sewer system...which means their might still be defenders lurking about...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 16, 2015, 05:43:47 pm »

She nods, "Fair enough, I suppose, though no more than I knew myself," then raises her voice, "Whosoever wishes a spot of magical light to show their way, now is the time!"

With that, she palms something from a pouch, making one bold stroke with it across the back of her left hand, muttering a few short words. Light. Any of the others who wish it receive the same as she brushes her hand across weapons, armor, and such.

Ready as she'll ever be. Re-cast Light every 40-55 minutes as circumstances allow.

3. Run Resize Enable

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 16, 2015, 05:55:18 pm »

"I think I am ready to go. I don't need light: the darkness has never hidden anything from me."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 16, 2015, 06:03:58 pm »

Sarco accepts the brush of light upon his weapon. "Thank you Miss Samara. This should be most helpful if we are forced to defend ourselves."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 16, 2015, 06:18:51 pm »

Tadhg is very grateful for any and every light.
Love, scriver~

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 16, 2015, 06:25:17 pm »

"Cast it on the head of my hammer, if you would. This one wants to see it glow like a meteor to strike down my foes."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 16, 2015, 06:27:14 pm »

Akira scoots away from the lightening. Light really makes her talents hard to manifest.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 58