Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Let's Create a Setting! - Magitech & Mythic Fantasy - Write Down Lore!  (Read 12605 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Create a Setting! - Magitech & Mythic Fantasy - Write Down Lore!
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2015, 07:50:16 pm »

((Yes, I was gonna say something to Goat about blocking, but I've already been the adjudicator once, and being the guy on the horse with the stick is not my style.
I see it more as the bog is full of wonderful and happy hivemind, but the nature of it means that it'll slowly terraform the land around it- regardless of it's own wishes))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LORD GOAT THE 120524TH

• Bay Watcher
  • I only accept the finest cans
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2015, 07:51:53 pm »

The second pillar, the Earth pillar belonged to the Dwellers, a loosely organized bunch of short and hardy humanoid creatures. The only reason they constructed the earth pillar was because they wanted to keep their mines from becoming boggy wet areas with no ore at all.
Welcome to Bay 12. Drop off your soul in the collection plate on the left.-Remuthura

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2015, 07:55:57 pm »

((Yes, I was gonna say something to Goat about blocking, but I've already been the adjudicator once, and being the guy on the horse with the stick is not my style.
I see it more as the bog is full of wonderful and happy hivemind, but the nature of it means that it'll slowly terraform the land around it- regardless of it's own wishes))

((That's what I was thinking, Sorry if I antagonized anybody with my lack of Grammar. I'll be watching...))
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 07:57:42 pm by LuckyKobold »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2015, 08:01:13 pm »

((Well, lots of OOC, so I'm gonna take the opportunity to fiendishly flesh out my own creations.))

Sprites are a natural occurrence everywhere there are significant groups of aspect crystals.
They can appear as anything from differently coloured fireflies, to ribbons of color, or even small humanoids, based on their strength, aspect and temperament.
They also can be (and are) artificially manufactured.

The Deellers treat fire sprites as a necessary nuisance, lighting their tunnels and leading them to crystals, and to detonate stray gas pockets (usually by being forcibly seized and then whacked down the shaft with a club). They're fortunately very resilient and don't remember things for long, much like their namesake aspect.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LORD GOAT THE 120524TH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2015, 08:01:50 pm »

((It's not that, I just don't like 'suddenly something really bad happened!'. If you want to do that stuff start off small/slow and then pick up. Of course that is only what I think. And if you're angry with me, Kobold, thats fine.))
Welcome to Bay 12. Drop off your soul in the collection plate on the left.-Remuthura

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2015, 08:09:57 pm »

The Fire Pillar was maintained, until recently, by the Thinking Trees of the Kalhani Rainforest. Wars with the Alvay Confederation has seen them lose the Pillar to their enemies and their own numbers diminishing.

The Alvay Confederation are made up mainly of the Higantes, a species of elephantine sapients, and concern themselves mainly with fighting back foreign influences.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2015, 08:13:35 pm »

((Taking the Tack strategery, FLESHING! Also, BOB isn't a hivemind, they are very much individuals, just sorta hippie free lovey types. With parasites.
Hippie Parasites. And translation telepathy. Because kinda need it to communicate with things living inside you.))

The creatures Born Of Bog (or BOB as they came to refer to their civilization) developed a form of telepathy with each other, so that all those within could understand each other. Strangely, when they looked outside the Bog, they could not hear the forms that writhed beyond. This confused and frustrated
the BOB very much.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2015, 08:17:51 pm »

((Hey...how do the animals eat in the BOB? Or several microbes and some plants?))
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2015, 08:22:45 pm »

The Order of Blue are a mysterious knightly order of various races how have discovered who to contain spirits within their own body, something that normally is fatal to either the spirit or the 'container'. No one is quite sure where they get their recruits. They operate in all nations for their own interests, which seems to be ensuring order for the most part. They'll sabotage a weaker nation so it loses quickly in a war, or prevent that larger nation from capturing key points.

Distinctive in their heavy knight's armour, their faces are always hidden, and they seem to have some method of travelling without notice. It is surmised they may have a deity of transportation sealed in some hidden lair, which teleports them too and fro.

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2015, 08:30:23 pm »

((Hey...how do the animals eat in the BOB? Or several microbes and some plants?))
((That is...a good question...holy carp why didn't I think about this before....I guess either everything is either herbivorous or parasitic. But the non-parasites are cool with it because the parasites don't really hurt, having some specialized anesthetic or somesuch, and being total bro's besides.
The only other option is that you can actually hear your dinner screaming in pain IN YOUR HEAD and that doesn't really fit the vibe of the BOB))

Indeed, I do this.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2015, 08:47:48 pm »

But they can't eat the plants - what about the screams of the vegetables?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2015, 08:48:18 pm »

The nation of Baruanz, a constitutional monarchy who has been researching arcano-constructions have created the "Prismatic Cannon". The Prismatic Cannon is an invention that is used as a conduit to unleash often deadly crystal energies that are known for their colorful displays that change depending on the aspect of the crystal that is used to fuel the cannon. Using a fusion of basic technology and alchemy the Prismatic cannon was first created as a barrel connected to several mechanisms that shot out a stream of energy. This was then adapted into a type of "fireworks" that employed cheap energies to fire non-lethal displays of colorful energy into the sky that could be seen at any time of day. The Baruanzian military also use type of short-range Prismatic Cannon that were essentially pikes that fired a small burst of energy whose range were often seen up to 20 ft. Although experimental, many more practical uses of the Prismatic cannon are under progress.
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

LORD GOAT THE 120524TH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2015, 08:49:41 pm »

((What about the fourth pillar?))

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2015, 09:58:06 pm »

The final pillar, the Sea Pillar, belonged to the Eastern Sea League, which was made up of various tribes and nations of sentient squid, cetaceans, and the aquatic humanoids known as Melkorvians. Since the League split up during the Gyndaraxi Crisis, the question of who ultimately controls the Pillar is a matter of much contention among the former League members.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2015, 10:03:40 pm »

The centuries-long standing problem of communication between the BOB and the outswamp world was eventually solved by an Arveen who noticed an odd pattern in the naturally occurring harmony sprites around the swamp.

After years of failures, this Arveen managed to produce a manufactured sprite that could communicate both through BOB telepathy, and more normal outswamp speech. These were later mass-produced for those acting as intermediaries, however the natural forgetfulness and boisterousness of the sprites caused more then one diplomatic incident.

Despite this, the problem of the swamp-growth was eventually successfully communicated to the BOB, who provided needed resources for the construction of the pillars.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5