Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160266 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #810 on: April 09, 2015, 02:25:15 am »

I made a bow set with the leftover parts from me farming a million monsters for the CB set.

It has HG Earplugs, Evasion +1 (such a good skill), Focus, Load Up, and Windproof (Lo).

I'm using the Chameleos magic book bow with it but if I wanted to go super DPS I could grab the Seregios bow but lose HG earplugs. Bows do some pretty ridiculous damage if you know what you're doing. Not to mention the crazy amount of mobility you get. Still get one shot if the monster actually hits you though.

Also Kushula's armor makes little clanking noises when you walk around. It's kinda funny. Do any others do this?

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: April 09, 2015, 08:14:00 am »

I think a lot of them do. I know the Velociprey set does.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: April 09, 2015, 09:04:56 am »

The Dalamadur chest armor made a pretty unique sound.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: April 09, 2015, 09:24:50 am »

Also, every single weapon in the game has unique sounds (which is frigging awesome!). It's especially noticeable with certain weapons, such as the Arachnoscale CB that I'm using right now, which sounds kind of like a lightsaber when you put it away.

The sound of Vulcamagnon (GS) during a roundslash is also pretty sick. It's like the blade is singing as it slices the air.

... Gonna go add this to the "gaming small touches" thread now.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 09:26:49 am by Nighthawk »

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: April 09, 2015, 10:22:47 am »

Gore Magala set also has sound effects while moving. (I have the Low Rank one) I love how those sound effects are unique to weapons. Some of them give of such a nice *woosh* sound, while some just sound like they're gonna destroy the planet on a miss. The amount of detail in Monster Hunter is truly insane sometimes, even though it's mostly only obvious in the small things.

As for CB, I'm mainly using the ratha/magala lines. Working on getting a Shagaru Magala plate to upgrade one, then I'll go farm to get pink rathian stuff for the other. Using a Djinn (or the weapon before it, not sure) against the Shagaru right now. The element really does wonders.

Also, must get the scythe longsword (I believe it's the Magala line as well) just because it looks crazy good. Executioner GS also. Then I'll get an Azure set + that rathalos CB from cover, because I like imitating the cover. >.>
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: April 09, 2015, 02:22:12 pm »

While the Executioner is a good line to go down, I found myself using the Serigios GS (Cheda) blade. For some reason, some if not all Sergios weapons have Arabic names to them, and I don't think I feel the intended effect of it when I read it (Matraka Hammer, or Hammer Hammer...).

I know some weapon names were actually in english in the Japanese release; those got turned into german names.

I digress. Anyway, looks like I reached the point where I decided to solo Gathering hall quests. Puts a lot of pressure to 'get good' at least, plus I don't get disconnected due to my low bars in my room at the moment. The damage dished out by GH monsters are pretty scary, but oddly, I think I prefer the GH Azure Rathalos quest to the Caravan one.Mostly since the locations is High Mount rather Than Volcanic Hollow. Really hate it when monsters decide to camp out at the lava there, puts me in a position where I'm useless.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: April 09, 2015, 02:25:11 pm »

Charge Blade roundhouse slashes have beautiful sounds.
thincake

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: April 09, 2015, 08:53:02 pm »

Does anyone have low rank guild quest for Kirin, Garuga, Basarios and blue kut-ku?

I have no clue on how to get the guild quest that I want.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: April 09, 2015, 09:15:53 pm »

Does anyone have low rank guild quest for Kirin, Garuga, Basarios and blue kut-ku?

I have no clue on how to get the guild quest that I want.
Uhh...

I don't think low rank Kirin exists.

Garuga is the blue Kut Ku.

I have Basarios.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: April 09, 2015, 09:26:04 pm »

There is a low rank Kirin, and there's also a separate Blue Yian Kut-ku (but only starting in high rank). My friend can send me a LR Kirin that I can then pass to you, if you'd like.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: April 09, 2015, 09:33:29 pm »

I'm at ID 28-7033-5318-2689

oh an password is 9999

Also nevermind the Blue kut-ku. It has a caravan quest. Derp
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 09:36:46 pm by majikero »

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: April 10, 2015, 05:40:01 am »

As a by the way, there is no point in making any armour from Kirin until G-rank.

By the time you can get access to LR Kirin, you're in high rank, and by the time you can get access to HR Kirin, you're in G-rank. It's silly.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: April 10, 2015, 10:44:08 am »

The only low rank GQ I would bother with is the Basarios because of the infinite earth crystals glitch.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: April 10, 2015, 11:00:05 am »

« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 06:33:48 pm by penguinofhonor »

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: April 10, 2015, 11:11:07 am »

As a by the way, there is no point in making any armour from Kirin until G-rank.

By the time you can get access to LR Kirin, you're in high rank, and by the time you can get access to HR Kirin, you're in G-rank. It's silly.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllll
Actually, you can get the kirin parts for the kirin armor in high rank through leveling up a low rank guild quest into a high rank guild quest.

I haven't checked if the game stops you from playing a HR kirin quest if you're not high enough in HR yet, but I wouldn't think so.

If it's possible though, you have a damn decent set for High Rank.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 95