Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 159903 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2015, 09:19:13 pm »

I just started the game about 5 minutes ago, going through story related stuff.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2015, 01:37:59 am »

I played a bit of it and already this game is so, so much better than 3. Quite excited, especially since I'm a complete scrub at the series.

I really enjoyed that intro tutorial. All games should start like that, fighting a giant sand dragon.

Edit: Yeah, I really like this. MH3 put me off quite badly but this is a must have.

The 3D is great. It plays in 60fps almost all the time. I can actually read the text. There's an actual story. The dialogue is kinda funny. The graphics and textures are much improved. I have a customizable cat companion instead of those weird tree people. And there's native multiplayer.

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2015, 04:05:41 am »

When you come to the tetsucabra, don't be a scrub like me and assume you have it all down. :'(

Prepare your anus.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2015, 05:22:09 am »

You don't "have it all down" until you're able to kick(or shadowbox) monsters to death. This is an absolute true fact.

Fun fact: Doing this with even a G. Jaggi requires at least 1700 kicks or shadowboxes, unless you use a couple of armour and food skills to increase damage. Have fun with your multiplayer party!
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2015, 07:25:48 am »

Oddly enough I still think what the game should do with sword and shield is combine it with double sword (essentially let you switch between them). They already share MOST of the same equipment as it is.

I also find it interesting that even if they did do that... It wouldn't overpower them.

Not that it helps my playstyle, I just think it would make an improvement to the game.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 07:30:32 am by Neonivek »

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2015, 08:04:14 am »

To be fair, there's already the Charge Blade that lets you swap between a sword-and-shield-like weapon to a greatsword or axe or something.

And DS and SnS are pretty wildly different in terms of their gimmicks, so it wouldn't work all too well to change between them.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2015, 08:12:40 am »

And DS and SnS are pretty wildly different in terms of their gimmicks, so it wouldn't work all too well to change between them.

No you are right, in fact they are almost complete opposites (Almost)

In that Sword and Shield is the king of status effects and DS can heap up damage quite well if it gets a continuous attack (I think it also is good at dragon damage, I cannot remember).

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2015, 12:09:38 pm »

I like how they updated the old monsters. Kutku for example isn't nearly as worthless as he once was and can actually be a threat if you're not careful now that his attacks are pinpoint accurate and he got much more aggressive.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2015, 02:03:31 pm »

I thought I got 1-day shipping for 17 dollars but it turns out Gamestop only charged me 10. So I guess that means I'm waiting til Wednesday. Thanks Obama :P
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2015, 05:41:38 pm »

Dammit. I used free shipping so my copy will arrive in a week. How awesome is it compared to 3U?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2015, 05:48:19 pm »

Leagues better. Not even comparable. It's better in every way.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2015, 07:38:08 pm »

Just cleared Kecha Wacha myself! Definitely enjoying charge blade but I think I still prefer SnS.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2015, 08:55:27 pm »

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:32:35 am by penguinofhonor »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2015, 10:41:29 pm »

I thought I got 1-day shipping for 17 dollars but it turns out Gamestop only charged me 10. So I guess that means I'm waiting til Wednesday. Thanks Obama :P
Dammit. I used free shipping so my copy will arrive in a week. How awesome is it compared to 3U?
Well...
So remember that whole 3-5 day shipping?
Apparently that means "yeah whatever we'll ship it on day 1" =D
I just kinda think Gamestop hates you guys for no inexplicable reason.
No real judgment on it yet considering I haven't really gotten to play it much. The C-stick on the new DSis a nice feature, but I feel the edge is slightly too chiseled, could be beveled a little bit to feel better IMO. They also moved the power button to be on the bottom of the DS... I have accidentally turned my DS off mid-quest once already...

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2015, 11:33:44 pm »

I got mine from a sale from walmart for $29 tax included. Paying for day 1 shipping makes the discount pointless so I went free shipping.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 95