Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 47

Author Topic: Clone Room (G5 Registration)  (Read 47897 times)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Room (8/∞)
« Reply #210 on: February 07, 2015, 08:23:52 pm »

Registered for Game 3 (11):
hector13
Ama
LuckyKobold
Terra162
anailater
Cryxis, Prince of Doom
Peradon
Elephant Parade
Kevak
Playergamer
HugoLuman

There are two things I'd like to try for next game:

1. Each non-Hero player knowing the role of one other player. This seems interesting as it creates sub-roles, like a Clone that knows another Clone, or a Lover that knows the Best Friend. The Best Friend would always only know the Lover's identity though.

2. Deflector Role - On the Clones' team. Has a once-per-game ability to deflect a Hero's bullet from themselves onto another player, done via PM. This makes it still possible for Clones to win if Lover's identity is somehow confirmed.

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 10:44:17 pm by MeimieFan88 »
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 07, 2015, 08:25:04 pm »

Sounds good.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 07, 2015, 08:26:23 pm »

Looks good, except that the Deflector might know who the lover is by default, and thus make a no-win situation for the hero. Perhaps the deflector doesnt know the identity of anyone?
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 07, 2015, 08:27:58 pm »

In for next game.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 07, 2015, 08:31:14 pm »

Looks good, except that the Deflector might know who the lover is by default, and thus make a no-win situation for the hero. Perhaps the deflector doesnt know the identity of anyone?
Even if the deflector knows who the lover is, it's still not so easy. He has to use his deflection at the perfect time as to get the lover killed. For example, if he uses it too early and the Hero shoots someone else, he's out.

One possible problem that might be overpowered with the deflector is that if there are only 3 players left (Hero, Lover, Deflector), the Hero is forced to shoot the Deflector, who automatically wins if he still has his ability. We could add a no-kill option for the Hero, or maybe have the deflection skill only last for so long (say, 12 hours). edit: Or if that situation happens, the deflector wins since it's not a very common situation.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 08:36:14 pm by MeimieFan88 »
Ear teeth

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 07, 2015, 08:32:26 pm »

You know what? I got an idea, why can't we let the clones lynch one player on a vote based system? That would make it dangerous to claim lover or BF then.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 07, 2015, 08:33:31 pm »

You know what? I got an idea, why can't we let the clones lynch one player on a vote based system? That would make it dangerous to claim lover or BF then.
And......

Mafia.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 07, 2015, 08:34:45 pm »

And......

Mafia.

Nah, still reverse Mafia.

IN for next round I can play in.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 07, 2015, 08:36:47 pm »

And......

Mafia.

It's closer to Mafia, since it's an informed minority trying to hide in an uninformed majority.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 07, 2015, 10:12:28 pm »

And......

Mafia.

It's closer to Mafia, since it's an informed minority trying to hide in an uninformed majority.

This is the reason I don't like the BF thing, there's no reason for them to hide. Not sure why no-one counter-claimed the last game, to be completely honest, because Peradon was quite happy with KJ and Hugo pretty much the whole way, making the last game a bit pointless.

Not sure I like the way the deflector role works either. It should be a passive ability so it isn't wasted, but yeah, one-time so it isn't OP. Should balance the game a little, so the BF isn't quite as inclined to overtly come out with who the lover is.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 07, 2015, 10:15:28 pm »

YEAH VICTORY!

Anyways, IN
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 07, 2015, 11:24:11 pm »

And......

Mafia.

This is the reason I don't like the BF thing, there's no reason for them to hide. Not sure why no-one counter-claimed the last game, to be completely honest, because Peradon was quite happy with KJ and Hugo pretty much the whole way, making the last game a bit pointless.

Not sure I like the way the deflector role works either. It should be a passive ability so it isn't wasted, but yeah, one-time so it isn't OP. Should balance the game a little, so the BF isn't quite as inclined to overtly come out with who the lover is.
If the deflector always has his ability, he can basically guarantee a kill on anyone at some point, which makes it kinda OP if he finds out who the Lover is. How about a cooldown on the ability, say every 3 turns? Then it must be timed but if wasted there may be further chances.
Ear teeth

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 07, 2015, 11:36:58 pm »

Perhaps the Deflector should die, as well? That way, they have a reason to save the ability until they're sure. It might be a bit underpowered, though; they should be able to prepare it multiple times, only dying on the last.

They should win if the Lover dies, obviously; it would be dumb if using their ability made them lose.

Edit: Underpowered, not overpowered.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 11:40:34 pm by Elephant Parade »

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 08, 2015, 12:00:53 am »

How about the deflector picks the person to die for them at the start via PM? If the person they choose dies first, they pick again. If they don't pick again, or forget, then the deflection is nil.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 08, 2015, 07:41:20 pm »

I've thought about this a lot and I think the easiest solution is to try this:

It's going to balance the BF being able to out the Lover and force clones to counter-claim, which seems to be the biggest problem atm.

As for the deflector, I agree that the current deflector is awkward, too often the ability will just be wasted. I kinda like the deflector getting to choose someone to die for them at an earlier time, but I'm not sure how to implement it. Going to take deflector out for now until we can figure out a more balanced villain role.

So, the new rules for this game are:
- Each non-Hero-non-BF player will be sent the role of one other non-Hero-non-Lover player. Overlaps possible.
- Non-Hero players will be allowed to vote for a player to eliminate every 24 hours. If a player has the majority of votes, they are eliminated. When a player is eliminated by the Hero, all votes are reset. The Hero must eliminate exactly 1 player every 24 hours.

Untested ideas:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hope this works out.
Randomizing roles... game starting soon!
Ear teeth
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 47