Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 48

Author Topic: Outpost Delta Turn 13  (Read 33050 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta Turn 12
« Reply #660 on: February 18, 2015, 05:41:00 pm »

Alot of the equipment being used to make meat.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 18, 2015, 06:00:56 pm »

Aside from the cloning vats, what else is used to make meat?

EDIT: Considering the LSL takes up 10 times the amount of power than the meat vats but only produces half the meat I think we should have access to normal lab equipment as well.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 06:06:58 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 18, 2015, 06:18:33 pm »

...you're right, after thinking on that that was a stupid idea. You'll just not be able to produce any new plants/animals/whatever might need the cloning vats when doing meat production(unless you give it a 1 month lead time), but biology studies is ok if it doesn't involving the vats in some way.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 18, 2015, 06:45:54 pm »

Glad we got that sorted. Here's a sheet of what I think we should do:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Instead of designing the Cybernetics Lab we should focus on the Advanced VR Pod (the one that lets users actually feel like they're physically different (more limbs, different species(once we get the LSLD (and possibly the OCC) hooked up), etc.)) because a lot more people would be amenable to temporarily physically changing form rather than permanently. Also, it would just be a matter of upgrading what VR pods we have now instead of building entirely new ones which should save us time and scrap.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 18, 2015, 06:53:56 pm »

That enhanced VR pod...Hrph. From what you're talking about, it's ....possible, but that would be a direct neural hookup instead of full immersion 3d, and would provoke rolls every time it's used to see if the thing causes permanent paralysis from a hookup gone south(such interfaces were EXTREMELY cutting edge, and are REALLY touchy.)

Andre, in general you seem to be trying to turn this into a more soft sci-fi thing when I'm trying to keep it hard science. As a general rule, if it cannot be justified using real physics from this era, it's probably not gonna happen, and man-machine interfaces to allow what you want is right on the borderline. Please keep this in mind
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 18, 2015, 07:00:04 pm »

Ohhhhhh. Ok then, Cybernetics Lab it is. Things should go better now that I understand the theme of the game. Sorry for causing you problems. :-[

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 19, 2015, 04:47:45 am »

We should probably build the LSL, a cybernetics lab sounds like something we should have the OCC and MFFK up and running to make at a reasonable rate.  We don't even have a steady supply of food, shelter or water.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 19, 2015, 05:19:44 am »

We're just designing the cybernetics lab, we're not actually building it. Lisa's gotta do something in her spare time, after all.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 19, 2015, 07:24:27 pm »

Well, I have a question; your build order still doesn't appear to continue the unfinished base design. Was that intentional? (Remember, no bonus or anything for unfinished designs)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 19, 2015, 07:42:38 pm »

It was intentional. Before the mining vehicles start digging, the SCH will scout out for places to actually construct a base. Once the location is scouted and its mineral composition is revealed, the data will give the "big bonus" (interpreted as removing ~50+ difficulty) to the underground complex and complete the project, giving us the bonus to the drilling and digging vehicles. Is any of this wrong, as I suspect it to be?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 19, 2015, 08:06:22 pm »

well, it was going to add a +50 to the next roll, so you'll need to still be working on it for that to matter.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 19, 2015, 08:29:19 pm »

Have the guy in R&R work on it, then.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 19, 2015, 09:25:59 pm »

Alright, full build sheet with all the final changes and at least some agreement, and I'll run the turn

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 19, 2015, 09:34:22 pm »

Manufacturing & Building
[]Exosuit Constructors(one destroyed: +5) (1 manpower)
 Assist setting up LSL

[]Small Cargo Hauler(+10 Construction, +20/autosuccess everything else)

[]Damage Control & Machine Shop(+10) (3 manpower)
 Set up LSL (3 manpower, Anna) (+10 DCMS, +14 rollover, Anna(+10 M&C, +10 morale))

Engineering
[]VR CAD(+5) (1 manpower)
 Cybernetics Lab(design only) (1 manpower, Anna) (Anna: +20 Engineering)
 Continue work on underground complex design (158/200) (1 manpower)

Repair & Maintenance
[]Damage Control & Machine Shop(+10)

Mining(+20 Diggy Diggy Hole)
[]Digging and Drilling Vehicles(2 manpower, weapons)
 Begin drilling to build base (2 manpower, +20 Diggy Diggy Hole)

Scouting & Exploration(4 manpower)
[]Small Cargo Hauler(+20/autosuccess)

[]SCH-Mounted Subsurface Survey Array(+15 Geology) (4 manpower, weapons)
 Scan for place to build underground (+20 SCH, +15 Geology, +44 rollover, -10 SCH prototype, -20 SSA prototype)

Other
[]Raw Manpower (15 manpower)
 Continue unloading and covering cargo(23/50) (-5 Raw Manpower, -10 Diggy Diggy Hole)

[]R&R

[]Life Support (3 manpower)

[]Medical Bay (1 manpower(2 months))
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 09:47:12 pm by Andres »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 19, 2015, 09:43:19 pm »

One thing, keep in mind that the hauler still has a -10 penalty as it is in the second month of testing, AND you are prototyping the scanning array(first month penalty -20) for a total penalty of -30. Other than that, no issues from me
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 48