Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 48

Author Topic: Outpost Delta Turn 13  (Read 33113 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta Turn 10:March-April 2076
« Reply #510 on: February 15, 2015, 06:55:13 pm »

Thats a pity then.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 15, 2015, 06:56:54 pm »

[]Exosuit Constructors(one destroyed, -5 to bonus) (1 manpower)
Continue unloading and covering cargo(15/50), if finished start work on surveying site.

[]Machine Shop & Damage Control (3 manpower)
Keep working on respirators(7/50), if extra time roll over to assisting Lisa(-10 Diggy Diggy Hole)
Diggy Diggy Hole should be applied to unloading/uncovering cargo.

[]Anna manufacturing action (1 manpower) +10 moral
Make bio-suits from rubberized materials.  Have the respirator able to be worn over them.

[]Raw Manpower (21 manpower) - Manufacturing
 Assist Anna in manufacturing bio-suits.
It shouldn't be "Assist" Anna with the biosuits. tryar might get confused and lump them together as one action.

IWe might have wanted to do that while in space then, but we have a weather sat to give us warning of storms instead. Ahwell.
We didn't have the parts or the time. Our space laser can be built within the next few years once we get mining and production rolling.

Howabout we take it down to three, and put the person on the CAD to help there?
No. We're leaving one of the VR pods open for morale use.

I'll point out that S&E is not one of the things M&C can roll over into(at least without specific equipment), so the Exosuit will just finish the unloading and work towards the next project; also keep in mind rollover is saved for one month as this represents the project being completed ahead of schedule and the next project being started early.

Keep in mind as well that you're limited to what you can scavenge right now, so unless you want to break out some finished parts you won't be able make more than 4 rubber/plastic suits for bio-protection(you have a rather over-abundance of labor for the project, so I'll not even bother rolling unless you want some rollover into the next project she does, but do keep in mind rollover is saved per slot; for example, if Anna does scouting next turn instead of manufacturing, the slot goes away and the bonus is lost). Also keep in mind the MS & DC is really only designed to work with existing parts and finished materials; it has little to no refining capacity(unlike the MFFK), and there aren't enough right sized sheets of plastic and/or rubber you can scavenge right now.
No exploration this turn, then. We have 50 cryopods and we're only using 47 so we can scavenge from the ones that aren't in use. Can we scavenge any more from the hull? It doesn't need to protect against the dangerous elements of space anymore, it just needs to keep the air out. If there's still not enough parts, we'll just use some of the parts we have in storage.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 15, 2015, 07:03:37 pm »

It's not that you don't have enough plastic/rubber for more than 4 suits, it's just that the scrap insulation is not in a usable form for things like bodysuits, and you can't use the machine shop to melt int into sheeting. Now if you got the factory kit online that'd be a different story(though that still won't solve the issue of being limited to scrap).

There ARE solutions of course. You could investigate the plantlife to see if you can extract natural rubber from them, survey the area to see if you can find fossil fuel deposits for chemicals and plastics, or cultivate plants and use them for bioplastic. Or even something else(surprise me!)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 15, 2015, 07:31:24 pm »

Diggy Diggy Hole should be applied to unloading/uncovering cargo.
For a minus 15? Thats rather harsh.
[]Anna manufacturing action (1 manpower) +10 moral
Make bio-suits from rubberized materials.  Have the respirator able to be worn over them.

[]Raw Manpower (21 manpower) - Manufacturing
 Assist Anna in manufacturing bio-suits.
It shouldn't be "Assist" Anna with the biosuits. tryar might get confused and lump them together as one action.
It is (more or less) one action.
We might have wanted to do that while in space then, but we have a weather sat to give us warning of storms instead. Ahwell.
We didn't have the parts or the time. Our space laser can be built within the next few years once we get mining and production rolling.
We dont have that long untill the ark comes. Also, it wouldent eb able to do that much to slow ti down. Best bet when it gets into system is to contact it and tell it to remain in orbit for a while.
Howabout we take it down to three, and put the person on the CAD to help there?
No. We're leaving one of the VR pods open for morale use.
There are such things as shifts.

No exploration this turn, then. We have 50 cryopods and we're only using 47 so we can scavenge from the ones that aren't in use. Can we scavenge any more from the hull? It doesn't need to protect against the dangerous elements of space anymore, it just needs to keep the air out. If there's still not enough parts, we'll just use some of the parts we have in storage.
Lets not take apart they cyro pods yet. We probaly want to keep five or so spare in case of colossal fuckups that mean we have to put someone into cyro.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 15, 2015, 07:38:11 pm »

It's not that you don't have enough plastic/rubber for more than 4 suits, it's just that the scrap insulation is not in a usable form for things like bodysuits, and you can't use the machine shop to melt int into sheeting. Now if you got the factory kit online that'd be a different story(though that still won't solve the issue of being limited to scrap).

There ARE solutions of course. You could investigate the plantlife to see if you can extract natural rubber from them, survey the area to see if you can find fossil fuel deposits for chemicals and plastics, or cultivate plants and use them for bioplastic. Or even something else(surprise me!)
Well we could just make the suits out of metal. Unlike the Construction Exosuit which boosts the strength of people who uses it, all the ones will make will have to do is support their own weight.

Add atmosphere analysis equipment to the manufacturing queue. (Top of the queue. We have vac suits so we can theoretically just start testing it now.) Add subsurface surveying equipment to the manufacturing queue.

For a minus 15? Thats rather harsh.
(Your posts are hard to edit for. Put your own writing the line after the quote.) Actually, it says it takes away -5 from the bonus. I think this means that while the Exosuits originally gave a +10, they now only give a +5 bonus due to one of them being broken.

It is (more or less) one action.
We don't want it to be. Having them as two separate actions means we get one (1d100) action and one (1d100+5) action. Otherwise we just get one (1d100+5) action with +10 morale for those 20/21 other guys.

There are such things as shifts.
So we have both VR pods used for work and occasionally switch it to just one VR pod to work? Assuming it doesn't cost tryar too much grief in calculating for that then sure.

Lets not take apart they cyro pods yet. We probaly want to keep five or so spare in case of colossal fuckups that mean we have to put someone into cyro.
Fair enough.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 07:41:01 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 15, 2015, 07:44:05 pm »

I'll point out that S&E is not one of the things M&C can roll over into(at least without specific equipment)
We have specific equipment. We have Vac Suits.

Science & Exploration
[]Vac Suits (1 manpower)
 When we get some atomsphere analysis equipment, test the air around the ship to see if it's safe for humans.

[]R&R (3 manpower)
 Let others take time off, rotating with those working.

Taking one person off R&R and making them test the air.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 15, 2015, 07:53:37 pm »

*ahem*, I mentioned there are 6 VR pods; the complaint last time was that there were more than half of them in use at any one time for design work, so the crew had to basically use them in shifts if there were more than 3 off-duty. Having just one guy working on the design should avoid any problems(though you have no bonus unless there are 2 or more working on it).

Also, since I'm not familiar with biosuits made from metal, you'll have to design those and/or come up with a source for that (I'm assuming the vacsuits are like your typical astronaut suits, or more likely rubber/plastic advanced suits using mechanical pressure rather than inflating air to maintain body compression)

Ninjaedit: Hmm, so what you are saying is you want any manufacturing rollover to be for atmospheric testing equipment(which is a Science action, not a exploration action)? That's doable.
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 15, 2015, 07:55:02 pm »

So we have both VR pods used for work and occasionally switch it to just one VR pod to work? Assuming it doesn't cost tryar too much grief in calculating for that then sure.
More like twoguys one one pod, one for half the day, the other for the other half.

Also, metal suits wont work well.

-dang ninja-
Highly Opinionated Fool

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 15, 2015, 08:08:59 pm »

*ahem*, I mentioned there are 6 VR pods; the complaint last time was that there were more than half of them in use at any one time for design work, so the crew had to basically use them in shifts if there were more than 3 off-duty. Having just one guy working on the design should avoid any problems(though you have no bonus unless there are 2 or more working on it).
We have 6 VR pods!? When did this happen? The MCHB M.B only comes with 2 VR pods and the CBLS only comes with a couple, i.e. 2. (Up until writing this post I didn't even know the CBLS came with VR pods! I didn't even notice that we had 3 manpower using VR CAD until rereading the update right now.) Well, let's have one other person working on it in shifts, as Aseaheru just suggested.

Also, since I'm not familiar with biosuits made from metal, you'll have to design those and/or come up with a source for that (I'm assuming the vacsuits are like your typical astronaut suits, or more likely rubber/plastic advanced suits using mechanical pressure rather than inflating air to maintain body compression)
Why do you we have to come up with a design for the Bio-Exosuits? They're exactly like Constructor Exosuits but without the strength-boosting properties. What do the Construct Exosuits run on?

FAKEDIT: Ah, they're just skeletons. I thought they were full-body armour. Fair enough.

Also, metal suits wont work well.
Why? This is the future space, after all.

If we build atmosphere analysis equipment and the atmosphere is ok for humans, cancel construction of biosuits and help with other tasks. If all other tasks are complete, do some R&R outside. (With armed protection, of course.)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 15, 2015, 08:14:02 pm »

...you're right, we do only have 4 pods. DERP

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 16, 2015, 02:12:05 am »

Well, we can finish respirators for everyone and a few bio suits, use the existing vac suits and the new bio suits for retrieving the cargo pods stuff next turn (which we must do as soon as possible) and then use our manpower to do a science action of some kind.

Next turn I think we should start building the parts for a small reenforced dome that can act as the entrance to our underground base, we can construct it when we find out where we will build but if we have it pre-built it would be trivial to set it up.  Plus we can use metal scrap, hull plating and some half trashed airlocks to do something like that a lot easier.

Basically a Armored Habitation Dome made out of scrap.  We can install a formal airlock further down inside later after we get life support setup.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 16, 2015, 02:22:30 am »

Well, we can finish respirators for everyone and a few bio suits, use the existing vac suits and the new bio suits for retrieving the cargo pods stuff next turn (which we must do as soon as possible) and then use our manpower to do a science action of some kind.
Before we build ANY biosuits or anything of the like, we should first build the atmosphere analysis equipment so we can check to see if the air is safe for human breathing and contact. If it is, then it would mean we wouldn't have to waste time and resources building a crap-ton of biosuits.

Next turn I think we should start building the parts for a small reenforced dome that can act as the entrance to our underground base, we can construct it when we find out where we will build but if we have it pre-built it would be trivial to set it up.  Plus we can use metal scrap, hull plating and some half trashed airlocks to do something like that a lot easier.

Basically a Armored Habitation Dome made out of scrap.  We can install a formal airlock further down inside later after we get life support setup.
It doesn't need to be armoured, really, it just has to keep out the air. This is assuming we even need to prevent the air from touching us.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 16, 2015, 02:28:51 am »

Do you want to build the bio suits or not? 

I was okay with them going out just with the respirators, but because you all want to go underground we need digging vehicles to go under ground so we need to get the digging vehicles.  We want to search for good digging sites, they have ground penetrating radar. 

Look our guys will look silly if they walk out in full haz-mat suits and come back and our research team is like "nope, totally safe."  But at least they will have the digging vehicles.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 16, 2015, 02:39:08 am »

Creating some ASE shouldn't take too long. Once it's built, a quick check will be done to see if the air is safe and if it isn't production will just roll over to making biosuits. As for digging vehicles, we can probably do that with about 3 guys, if not just 1. We have 5 vac suits we can equip them with and still have some leftover for the scientist. We don't need to wait for the biosuits to get the cargo pods, we're just waiting for the truck. We're building biosuits so that we can work outside like exploring, surveying, tree-cutting, science-stuff-gathering, etc.

We want to search for good digging sites, they have ground penetrating radar.
This is the future, let's not assume that ground radar is what they use. We'll just say we want sub-surface mapping equipment and we'll get the 2057 equivalent. We don't need to box ourselves in thinking with our (2015) tech.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 02:42:43 am by Andres »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 16, 2015, 02:43:31 am »

Okay if you want that then put up a modified build order and I'll +1 it.

Really the bio suits were to prevent contamination from long term exposure to the alien lifeforms, the respirators would be sufficient just to get out there.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 48