Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 48

Author Topic: Outpost Delta Turn 13  (Read 33231 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta: turn 6, RNG is Angry
« Reply #270 on: February 09, 2015, 06:16:29 pm »

Eh, it happens, I miss a comment on waiting for more info, and then post. That's what I get for just scanning the replies :P

Anyways, it seems that most everyone's in general agreement with void's plan, so I'll start crunching the numbers. Just make sure you brought extra goats  ;D
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 09, 2015, 06:55:09 pm »

Event:
>4 to Stabilize reactor first, shut down if necessary and activate backup power:99

As it happens, Lisa was taking a shift at the command center when the crisis hits. Reacting quickly, she hits a couple buttons, and sirens and red flashing lights blare across the ship, waking anyone not dead. "I'll get the reactor! Hannah, you and Dom go get the local power backups for the pods online before we lose the colonists! Mack, you and Lindsey try to get the computer un-borked! I'll take the rest with me"

With that, she and her party rush to the reactor, making the trek in record time. Once there, she dashes to the control panel: "Alright, looks like backup control kicked in when the computer packed it in, but it's locked the reactor in a continuous increasing output loop. Current output is...300%?! I didn't think this output even go that high without blowing containment!" She types quickly while she directs the others: "Gerald, cut the interlocks out of the secondary loop! Jack, I want you monitoring magnetic field levels! If it goes critical we're fucked, so engage the safety discharge if we overload. Meg, reverse the flow through this bus here, I can reduce the output to safe levels but we need somewhere to dump the charge, and the secondary capacitors are it. They can take it, along with the tertiary ring... thank god we designed some hefty backup safeties for this hunk of junk....

Working quickly, they manage to safely bring the reactor down to normal operating levels without damaging anything. All systems are green, just awaiting restoration of main computer...

>2 to take manual control of command and wake up crew:36

With Lisa activating the ship's alarms manually, the crew will be awake shorty, so that's taken care of. What's NOT so easy is figuring out what went wrong with the computer. As mack hits the reboot sequence, lines of crashing code scroll across the screen before blinking out again.
"Fuck, some of the core memory files must have gotten corrupted during the last regular maintenance, causing an eventual main line segmentation fault and corruption of the rest of the system! Or at least, that's what I think could explain the code I saw. I'm going to have to reprogram everything just to get a usable command prompt, and that's not going to be quick. Lindsey, when you get the chance, go find Ned, the alarms should have woken him up by now, he's much better at this than I am." He furiously types away attempting to get some sort of boot-up in order to get at least basic systems running...

>2 to check cryo pods:91

Hannah and Dom motor to the cryo area, and are relieved to find the backup power controls function perfectly. It seems the only thing wrong was the computer initiating a system shutdown, and that's reversed easily. They manage the same for the main life support control, and soon have the fans back running. "Dom, let's never do that again. I don't think I can handle more crisis like that..."

(Looks like you brought enough goats :P )
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta: turn 6, RNG is Appeased!
« Reply #272 on: February 09, 2015, 06:59:33 pm »

Lets not wake up everyone, since we have almost everything ready, but lets instead wake four people with the most experience with computers.

-Wake only four with most computer experience
-Get the computers online again
-Check the ships systems for damage
-If any time is left, prepare materials for the turnover maintenance cycle.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta: turn 6 Crisis Resolution: RNG is Appeased!
« Reply #273 on: February 10, 2015, 02:43:42 am »

We need to wake all non cryo personnel.

Without life support we have no ventilation, thus no air movement. Anyone who doesn't move will be trapped in a bubble of air he himself exhales, causing rapid suffocation.

Speaking of which, we should get lifesupport operational.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 10, 2015, 02:54:18 am »

We need to wake all non cryo personnel.

Without life support we have no ventilation, thus no air movement. Anyone who doesn't move will be trapped in a bubble of air he himself exhales, causing rapid suffocation.

Speaking of which, we should get lifesupport operational.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Life support was fixed with the flipping of a few switches, thanks to the good roll.

But yeah get everyone up anyway.

The plan should be to manually run the ship for a while (thank goodness we have 4 times the people needed) until basic electronic control can be reestablished.

Long term, instead of the Fusion reactor, lets have people design kick ass VR computer games and maybe hold some meditation sessions and a poker tournament.  Try and find a way to deal with the boredom and stress.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 10, 2015, 03:37:32 am »

I was just reading what was happening and then I read this:
(Also, you didn't say you had Anna awake. Generally speaking, if you don't say you have your heros unfrozen, I don't assume they are)
EDIT:
Yes they're awake.
RAAAAGH! Please take the time to read things more carefully next time. I'll go read the rest of the turn now.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 10, 2015, 03:39:16 am »

Also, I don't think I was too unfair with the timing, since there was at least 6 hours between my last past and the post warning of imminent turn, and I waited at least an hour after that *shrug*
It takes more than 6 hours for someone to wake up from sleep! The average is 8-10, with me being 9 hours. Please take that into account when waiting for people to write up actions.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 10, 2015, 06:27:18 am »

Long term, instead of the Fusion reactor, lets have people design kick ass VR computer games and maybe hold some meditation sessions and a poker tournament.  Try and find a way to deal with the boredom and stress.
The problem was not that the Fusion reactor was boring, it was that it was for reasons still unclear to me, completely ignored.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 10, 2015, 07:33:47 am »

I missed agreement for it, plain and simple. I also seem to have missed quite a few things just scanning back. Mea culpa!

As a bonus for that, I'll simply have your next ONE action be an auto-success as an apology

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 10, 2015, 07:37:59 am »

As a bonus for that, I'll simply have your next ONE action be an auto-success as an apology
Commit mass-suicide to create the God-Emperor of Mankind.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 10, 2015, 07:49:54 am »

*Smacks Andre with a carp*

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 10, 2015, 03:20:14 pm »

I can't think of anything better save inventing hyperdrive or calling out to Jesus. Let's wait until saner and smarter minds wake up from sleep.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 10, 2015, 03:23:01 pm »

Repair the AI.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 10, 2015, 04:04:55 pm »

Plan for turn:

-Repair computer

-Make sure all systems are good during turnover

-Design deuterium-tritium fusion reactor in VR-CAD

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 10, 2015, 04:18:30 pm »

Plan for turn:

-Repair computer

-Make sure all systems are good during turnover

-Design deuterium-tritium fusion reactor in VR-CAD

Everyone good with this?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 48