Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 48

Author Topic: Outpost Delta Turn 13  (Read 33188 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta: Launch!
« Reply #210 on: February 06, 2015, 02:32:05 am »

Oh man, it's good we didn't work expecting to leave on the 11th hour. That would've been disastrous. I guess we wait for the post-update, now?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 06, 2015, 02:34:57 am »

Yeah, let me get the first travel roll done, and I'll have turn one of the travel phase completed in a bit
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 06, 2015, 02:41:49 am »

To be fair I wanted to leave without a medbay, not at 11th hour.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 06, 2015, 02:42:27 am »

Just past the orbit of Pluto, the three ships split up and head independently towards their eventual destinations. As the months go by, a routine settles onto the Yerkri Astgheri, as crews work, relax, and chat, trying to stave off boredom after the rather exciting departure. Nothing major happens, and the ship, for all how the tech was rushed out the door, seems to be preforming to spec. Hopefully this keeps up until the end...

(Event roll:81.
Maint Roll:
+10 for large awake crew
+10 functional machine shop
=106)

Any orders for the next part of the travel, and is the captain and anna awake?
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 06, 2015, 02:44:34 am »

Assuming we have in-built radio or something, perhaps we should send out messages to the other scouts ships and the ark ships that we've made it. If we have in-built radio, then so do the other scouts ships. We ought to all send out signals to see which scout ships survived. Some ark ships will be on their way to unprepared planets and warning them against it and telling them to change their course would be prudent.

To be fair I wanted to leave without a medbay, not at 11th hour.
Don't worry, that wasn't referring to you. I was talking about what we were like in turn 1 and 2 where there was some debate over it. Even I considered just waiting until the 11th hour. Actually, would it have been possible to leave after the recommended time window but before the 11th hour?

Ninja'd by GM. Will read update in a bit.

EDIT:
Yes they're awake. Can we get a status report? Awake vs. not awake? Injuries? Morale? Time to reach AC?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 02:48:37 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta: turn 6, 2065-2069
« Reply #215 on: February 06, 2015, 02:48:41 am »

Uhhh, can we make some chemicals from plants and basic medical tools? 

We got a 20 year journey, we gotta have people in cryo, already its a minimum 10 years.  10 years in a minimum security work camp but still 10 years.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 06, 2015, 02:50:55 am »

We didn't completely fill up the cryo pods which means we can cycle them in and out pretty effectively. The average crewmember would be awake for 2-3 years I suspect, but I have no data to work with.

EDIT: How the hell are we in 2065 already!? It's only been a few months, hasn't it?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 06, 2015, 02:51:54 am »

This is a closed system. We can't remove anything without risking shortages.

Perhaps we should design stuff.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 06, 2015, 02:58:04 am »

woops brainfar. I'll fix the title!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta: turn 5, 2058-2062(GM Brainfart!)
« Reply #219 on: February 06, 2015, 03:00:19 am »

A for crew status, only one got injured in that brouhaha, and he only required a couple stitches. Right now, nothing looks close to breaking, and morale is high. Time to destination:19 years, give or take

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 06, 2015, 03:03:17 am »

What about a habitat for our crew to build after they land, and have things set up, specifically designed to their needs and desires, within reason.  At a minimum we could get some good ideas about what they want, maybe even some hope for a better life down the road.

Maybe a simulation of various planet forms that might be encountered when we get there, to get people use to the idea of living on an alien world.

Since we have manpower, maybe a specialized  labor intensive add on to relieve some stress to the My First Factory kit.  Like a manual assembly line that puts the new parts together or something.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 06, 2015, 03:08:11 am »

What about a habitat for our crew to build after they land, and have things set up, specifically designed to their needs and desires, within reason.  At a minimum we could get some good ideas about what they want, maybe even some hope for a better life down the road.

Maybe a simulation of various planet forms that might be encountered when we get there, to get people use to the idea of living on an alien world.

Since we have manpower, maybe a specialized  labor intensive add on to relieve some stress to the My First Factory kit.  Like a manual assembly line that puts the new parts together or something.

That last item is called Manufacturing Equipment :P. The others are doable, though

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 06, 2015, 03:16:10 am »

Excellent, sweatshops designed, then my vote is for plan build hope with fancy houses then dash it with depressing landscapes.  Houses first.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 06, 2015, 03:17:54 am »

A for crew status, only one got injured in that brouhaha, and he only required a couple stitches. Right now, nothing looks close to breaking, and morale is high. Time to destination:19 years, give or take
That was awfully informal. -.-

Excellent, sweatshops designed, then my vote is for plan build hope with fancy houses then dash it with depressing landscapes.  Houses first.
Alternatively, we can load up the VR pods with games where their task is to build the best, most efficient extra-solar outpost ever.

EDIT: Can we recreate the ship using the 2058 equivalent of Kerbal Space Program?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 06, 2015, 03:22:42 am »

Hmm, there is a kerbal equivilant,but I'm not sure I see the point though. It is an option....
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 48