Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 48

Author Topic: Outpost Delta Turn 13  (Read 33156 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta: Pre-launch Turn 3, July to September
« Reply #135 on: February 04, 2015, 05:25:23 am »

I believe that is the correct formula to be using(I'm not a rocket scientist mind you).
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 04, 2015, 05:27:55 am »

...you have one more build turn by my calculation before January. You get the rocket and fuel now, you can get the medbay combo next turn with no issue if I'm not massively misreading something
We're still waiting for the Gaia CBLS and the MCF generator to finish this turn. We can't build anything until they're done, right?

I don't understand, we have 4 more build orders.  Rocket, tanks, M/W/C, cargo pods.
Cargo pods can be built at 2 pods per build order but can be built even if those two build orders are already taken. For example, we can build a thruster in one build order and fuel tanks in another build order and we can still get 4 cargo pods.

Btw I am using 4*Sqrt(Mass/Thrust)*Distance as the travel time... what formula were we actually using...
See here.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 04, 2015, 05:29:40 am »

Neither am I!

We should probably get someone on that.

I still like the Ion engine idea.  We can squeeze an extra 2 years faster out of a VSI Magnetoplasma Rocket but it ends up taking up 13 extra space, if you include the size 12 fuel tank.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 04, 2015, 05:30:46 am »

Uhh, no. You can build other things while they are completed, it's not like you actually have only 2 crews. The build times are really for gameplay reasons and to force choices, but I abstract it as a bureaucracy being slow in getting things requisitioned
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 04, 2015, 05:39:54 am »

Excellent! Ion drive and fuel it is! Perhaps if we could possibly squeeze in two iron drives in one build order? ;D

Research combined medbay, damage control, and recreational commons without extra cryo pods. We don't need to research anything to do with cargo storage any more.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 04, 2015, 05:47:06 am »

But those cargo pods are expensive.

I want 2 on the ship.

But they are expensive so mixing a small cargo bay in would save 15 RUs.  That would give us 40 cargo space total.

How many cargo pods did you want?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 04, 2015, 05:54:54 am »

Yes, you can try to squeeze in two of the same module(if you have the space) with one build order, but rushing construction and installation will provoke a roll on how well done a job it is that could have unforeseen !FUN! happen down the line(with the chances of !FUN! rising exponentially the more modules you try to squeeze in). The roll of course will be hidden >:D

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 04, 2015, 06:00:03 am »

How many cargo pods did you want?
2-4 would do well. We can space it out with 1 module each build order so we don't run into bad times like gracious GM suggested.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 04, 2015, 06:06:47 am »

One more thing, we do need agreement on Hero so I know who to run with(for REASONS!)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 04, 2015, 06:20:31 am »

We should get Lisa Hernandez because her skills would be useful in making sure the ship works well on route to Alpha Centauri.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 04, 2015, 12:38:13 pm »

Also, I think I need to make another clarification on the drop pods. It seems a wire was crossed somewhere and you guys are assuming unlimited cargo(barring prohibitive mass penalties). You can only order 2 per turn, and they only hold 5 points of cargo. Sorry if that wasn't clear
Only two per turn? I thought it was two per slot per turn.

For hero, I am leaning towards Lisa, followed shortly by the improv guy.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 04, 2015, 08:41:33 pm »

Eh, I could go for Lisa or commander mean.

Vote for Lisa.

[]Construction:
           []Ion Engine (Estimated 19.26 years travel time)
           []Size 6 fuel tank (4.77 remaining at end of journey, 6.36 YEARS running current generator at max)

[]Cargo:
           []Optronic central computer

[]Research:
           []Combined Medical bay, Workshop and Recreation commons

[]Event:
           []Lisa Hernandez(age 34)
                ++Engineering
                +Reactor
                -Manufacturing
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 08:44:04 pm by VoidSlayer »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 04, 2015, 10:44:34 pm »

Welp, looks like agreement for once, so I'll have the turn up shortly

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 04, 2015, 11:25:57 pm »

(I gathered the plan was to grab at least 2 cargo pods from reading back, if this is incorrect let me know and I'll retcon)

Code: [Select]
[]Construction:
           []Ion Engine
           []Size 6 fuel tank

These months see the construction and installation of several key items, mainly the finishing of the life support systems, the reactor, and installation of an ion engine to take advantage of the powerful reactor, and fuel for said reactor. With all the basic requirements built and ready, Command lets mission control know that launch is at their discretion, though there is still time for modifications before the recommended launch date. As well, a couple of the drop pods are ordered and placed on the surface of the hull.

[]Cargo:
           []Optronic central computer
Meanwhile, a central optronic computer for the colony is orderd and put into production.

[]Research:
           []Combined Medical bay, Workshop and Recreation commons

[Research roll:40]
Turns out it wasn't as simple as taking a multipurpose habitation and care bay, removing the cryopods, and shoving a few VR pods in. The space inside the enlarged cargo bay had to be completely reconfigured to maximize free space for the larger number of intended awake occupants moving through, and eventually the bay itself had to be slightly enlarged. However, this MCHB Mod B has the medbay, a full damage control and machine shop, and a couple VR pods as well as a space that can be reconfigured as needed for any leisure activity the crew can think of.

Multipurpose Care and Habitation Bay Mod B. Cost 18 RU. Size 14. Mass 14. Electricity 3 MW.  A modification of the Multipurpose Care and Habitation Bay that, for the same cost, removes the cryopods in favor of space for crew entertainment. However, this requires the bay to be a little larger than normal. Comes with 2 VR pods as well as a free space that can be reconfigured for any sort of leisure activity the crew can come up with, as well as basic supplies such as partition walls and the like.
[]Event:
           []Lisa Hernandez(age 34)
                ++Engineering
                +Reactor
                -Manufacturing

Finally, after months of evaluation, at the end of September the captain of this mission is chosen. Lisa Hernandez is selected, and reports aboard in time for the reactor test, which she helps pass with flying colors.

[Event Roll:91]

Some good news! As more and more resources are poured into the building of the outpost ships, an old storehouse for an abandoned manned mission to the outer Kuiper belt is discovered. Among those is the parts and resources for several items, that can be assembled into one of the following:

1)Survey satellite and 30 RU
 2)Powered Exoskeleton Constructors and 30 RU
 3)Armored Habitation Dome[M] and 20 RU
 4)Any other one cargo item up to 10RU and 20 RU

Some bad news though, is that there is increase in civil unrest as well as more and more acts of random violence as the end date of the world comes ever closer. Many more random cults are popping up, but the governments have things in hand for now..
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 11:47:10 pm by tryrar »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta: Pre-launch Turn 4, October to December
« Reply #149 on: February 05, 2015, 12:17:52 am »

Free general purpose robots?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 48