Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: The Tale of the Game. A game of court intrigue, feuds and wars. Infinite spots.  (Read 8347 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

Hello, potential player.

This is a game of court intrigue (as you may have seen in the title) set in a fictional world based on real life medieval Europe. You are given the role of courtiers or maybe even feudal lords. You have no set goal. You are going to start your dynasty, marry have children, and the interesting quirk of the game is that new players can either plop down their own people, or join in as one of your children. There will be next to no usage of dice, in the extremely rare situation where I have to use it, it will be d6.

This is a fairly serious game. Act accordingly.

Spoiler: Char Sheet. (click to show/hide)

A link to the map:
http://sabertoothtigermd.deviantart.com/art/The-Map-Mk-I-511932169?ga_submit_new=10%253A1423164760
Yellow is neutral, light blue is friendly, purple is at war, red spray is heathen land.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 02:36:36 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

Dynasties:
 Trastenava
James "Kassire" Heldings - Kassire
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pig
Elias Pig - Strawbarrel

The Wilkins Clan
Billy Joe (BJ) Wilkins - Lucky Kobold

Berengling
Oswald "Oz" Berren - ZalkozDestbro

House Raman
Alexander Lorian Tricondas Desontes Solaris Resoman Raman - Yourmaster

Starker
Wolfram Starker - Prophet

The History:
17.4.676: The game starts with James "Kassire" Heldings, Elias Pig, and Billy Joe Wilkins going with Duke Guillem to siege the castle Mont Sauvier.
             The Duke's Army wins the battle with the Baron's forces, but are themselves forced to retreat. The Baron is wounded or killed.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 09:54:29 am by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 06:24:40 pm by Kassire »
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

Baboomp.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile

Sign up anytime? No storyline? "A fictional world based on real life medieval Europe"? I'm in.
Spoiler: Char Sheet. (click to show/hide)
Max avatar size is 80x80

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

One more and we're good to go.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe I'm being a little hasty, but I think it would be a good idea to start the game now. If people see the game in action, they might join later.
Max avatar size is 80x80

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 10:41:59 am by LuckyKobold »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

Kassire, Pig & BJ Wilkins: Some history, current situation and marching.

You are courtiers under Duke Guillem, a childless man in his early fifties. Most of his rule was marked by (reasonably) just law, high taxes and rebuilding the land after the disastrous raid by Bølværk Hødersonne, an adventurous raider who own a large island just north west of the Duke's demesne. During the said raid many churches and cities were burnt down, and only the folk who ran to the Caerborg were safe. Currently, you are in his personal bodyguard squad, marching north with the rest sixteen hundred men army to the barony of Hexin with the goal of conquering it. Guillem has long had a feud with Baron Monhaude, a minor lord with a token force. You are almost there, ready to stom the puny walls of Mont-Sauvier.

If you want more story about a certain person, event, location, religion or culture, just ask.

Kassire:
You are currently riding a  horse, one of the few that the army posseses, accompanying Guillem with poetry and small talk about current court gossip. You realize yet again how poorly educated is the man, and how little knowledge of the outside world he has. Unfortunately, he found a liking to a certain Plavic song, "Masoor z Pragee", a tale of a warrior overcoming a cruel and mad king.
You have no idea a grown man could listen to the thing once, let alone pester somebody to sing it sixteen times in one day.

Elias Pig:
You are riding tight behind the Duke, following him for what feels like an eternity, when he suddenly turns around.
"Elias, could you and Bill scout ahead and have a look out for any people? This place seems awfully quiet...."
Well, at least now you got something to do other than feeling the awful stench of twenty horses and fifty men.
You rush forward on your horse and start looking around.

BJ Wilkins:
Man, did this trip make you thirsty. You are wearing a mail shirt under a heavy cuirass and oh boy, if you have toride for a fay longer, you will kill somebody.
Suddenly, some guy tells you to go to Duke Guillem. After a few brief minutes of picking up speed and getting around other cavalrymen, you get to see His Highness. He is talking to Elias Pig, but you realize you should listen too.
"Elias, could you and Bill scout ahead and have a look out for any people? This place seems awfully quiet...."
You quietly sigh, and start riding forward with  your new friend.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Post to watch.

Kinda want to join in when people start making kids.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile

"Would you rather a different song? Or perhaps I could create a small tune, or poetry of your strength, capability, justness, and law to divine rule."

What is the local religion? The culture of the region? And perhaps more about Duke Guillem?
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
  • The lazy asshole, who chews pens on this forum.
    • View Profile

(( Still up for more people? I got a sheet ready to post if you'll have me. Being the gracious host that you are.))

Edit: ((Maybe I'll just put this here))

« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 09:06:02 pm by ZalkozDestbro »
Yes, you are the perfect example. You possess all the powers of a pen! This man right here, is mightier then many swords.
Back to our regularly scheduled bullshit. Now with more paranoia and eldritch.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Aye, my Lord," Elias replied "I'll look ahead."
Elias' steed sped up and took them away from the head of the army. Soon Elias began to scan the landscape for signs of human life.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile

Name: Alexander Lorian Tricondas Desontes Solaris Resoman Raman.
Appearance: he is heavy-set with a large build. He is in shape and muscular. He has dark brown hair and blue eyes.
Traits: Wrathful, selfish, brave, honorable.
Genetics: Do not write nothing here.
Name of Dynasty: House Raman.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 09:20:40 pm by Yourmaster »
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

Genetics:
If you have babies, I will do some scary science and raging rolling to determine what sort of beautiful genetic defects, traits and other cool things could be transferred to the child. You start out with a blank genetic card, but with time, head of dynasties will have the possibility to eugenically selectively breed his kinsmen into being the tall, muscular, strong and genius group of men or not.

I prefer not, it makes the genetic game much funnier.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6