Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27

Author Topic: The Siege of Angazea [7/7] - Back in Black  (Read 35815 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Angazea [8/8] - Ogryns De-Feeted: 1
« Reply #150 on: February 11, 2015, 09:11:27 am »

" Commissar if I might suggest something, perhaps it would be best if we return to our barracks with Bertha to have her wounds treated and to get her out of sight for questioning. "
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 09:14:21 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 11, 2015, 01:18:54 pm »

'It's clear, good Ogryn. You have been wounded - we'll get you to a medicae at once, understand? Remain calm, and you will be with your comrades soon enough,' Commissar Viverde said, trying to make his voice at once soothing and authoritative.

Lower, he nodded to Gant. 'Quite right, Trooper. I don't think the Ogryn can move, with that leg. I'll guard it - head back to the regiment and return with a medicae and a full guard. I'll try to find out what's going on from it.'

He leaned closer to the ogryn. 'Now, Ogryn Bertha - I am here fulfilling the Emperor's will. Answer my questions as well as you can, and you shall do the same. Why are you here? Are any of your comrades near? What do you remember?'

Command test, if needed: [31] vs 45 plus or minus modifiers.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 11, 2015, 02:13:26 pm »

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Bartolomeu rolls his eyes at the sight of the Tamerian hobo trying to fight Diego. It would be rather funny if it wasn't utterly ridiculous. "Is he drunk? Can you make your friend behave before he is either shot or cut? I am afraid we are not in the mood for playing around and I will give him five seconds before I employ violence." he says to the ratling, raising his bolt pistol and making clear he isn't afraid of putting a shell or two into them if they keep fooling around.

Overwatch to shoot any of the Tamerians if they keep trying to escape/create more trouble.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 10:21:17 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 11, 2015, 02:24:44 pm »

((Edited for consistence, still waiting for results))
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 12:00:34 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 12, 2015, 08:46:08 am »

you can do something like a +10 Awareness roll, I think.
Ooops, titled roll Perception rather than Awareness. Oh well, close enough.
Target 42 (32 + 10)
1d100=4
4 degrees success.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 11:13:48 am by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 12, 2015, 08:47:42 am »

Go find a regiment medic and a squad of guardsmen and return with them.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 12, 2015, 05:58:50 pm »

Toughness: [17] (success, 3 degrees)

As he realises that the scum tries to attack him, Diego's face expression turns from disgust, through surprise, to rage, as he tries to resists his puny attempts.

The takedown attempt fails comically, the man tripping a little over your firmly-planted legs as he attempts to sweep them from under you. It would be entertaining if the guy wasn't so stank. Loggin shouts, "Tomard, you frakking moron! Stop it right this instant before you get us all killed!"
And then Emil chainswords poor Tomard, spattering you with blood.

Come up behind and attack this filthy Tamerian peasant.

((Not entirely sure of how this works.))

You run the man through with your chainsword, decorating the surrounding area with excessive amounts of blood and viscera. He falls to the floor, thoroughly dead. One wouldn't think the average human body holds so much blood, but apparently it does.

Bartolomeu rolls his eyes at the sight of the Tamerian hobo trying to fight Diego. It would be rather funny if it wasn't utterly ridiculous. "Is he drunk? Can you make your friend behave before he is either shot or cut? I am afraid we are not in the mood for playing around and I will give him five seconds before I employ violence." he says to the ratling, raising his bolt pistol and making clear he isn't afraid of putting a shell or two into them if they keep fooling around.

Overwatch to shoot any of the Tamerians if they keep trying to escape/create more trouble.
Before you can resort to violence, Father Emil unleashes the stabenze on the poor guy, spattering the surrounding landscape with blood. The rest of the Tamerians are suitably impressed. It doesn't look like they want to try anything funny.

"Ratbars again? Ahwell, I guess hoping for real food was just wishful thinking. Comon Poise, lets grab our kit. We have work to do for the commisar."

Pop over to the chimera, grab my scanner and toolkit, return and start a scan.
Ignoring the scuffle, you hurry back to the vehicle, grabbing your combi-tool, lascutter and auspex. Then you run back and set up the auspex array (it's a briefcase with a small paddle attached to a wire sticking out of it. There's also a collapsible metal pole in case you need to use it as a minesweeper) and begin the scan. The auspex emits a coughing noise. Letters crawl accross the screen: *VITAL SIGNS DETECTED*VITAL SIGNS IDENTIFIED*GREAT KNARLOC*

You're pretty sure a Knarloc wouldn't fit into a box that size.

"Artho! Artho! Wake up, Commissar Denos needs you!" "Ugh--" "No, seriously, we have an issue! You too, Maria!"
Amalia pops out of the tent and tries to flag down a couple of the other Conquistadors.

"Hey! You, and you! There's a bit of a situation, uh, and maybe we could use an extra hand or two? Uh, we're the Commissarial squad!"
Attempt to get a couple of other Conquistadors over to help out.

Hahaha... 91.
(( If going with Charm and with no difficulty modifiers, that's 8 degrees of failure, if just going by Fellowship it's 6. Dumb decision was dumb, but then again I expected it to fail... just maybe not this hard.))
Your luck is pretty bad today - the only troopers nearby is that gutless dickwit Picano, who makes the sign of the aquila and scampers off as soon as he sees you, and some woman you distinctly remember walloping in one honor-related brawl or another. She drawls, "So sorry, witch. Already got my orders." before wandering off like it's nothing.

Artho and Maria are with you, though.

'It's clear, good Ogryn. You have been wounded - we'll get you to a medicae at once, understand? Remain calm, and you will be with your comrades soon enough,' Commissar Viverde said, trying to make his voice at once soothing and authoritative.

Lower, he nodded to Gant. 'Quite right, Trooper. I don't think the Ogryn can move, with that leg. I'll guard it - head back to the regiment and return with a medicae and a full guard. I'll try to find out what's going on from it.'

He leaned closer to the ogryn. 'Now, Ogryn Bertha - I am here fulfilling the Emperor's will. Answer my questions as well as you can, and you shall do the same. Why are you here? Are any of your comrades near? What do you remember?'

Command test, if needed: [31] vs 45 plus or minus modifiers.
She scratches her head. "I remember... I wen' wit Kimmy, Doppel, an' some other lil 'uns... Ta where da Barras live. Kimmy said, we gotta take sumthin' owed us. I dunno, thinkin' makes my 'ead hurt, so I guessed Kimmy knew better.
An' dere was a man, a Barra man, an' he noticed Kimmy and he woulda shouted, so Kimmy hit 'im on the 'ead an' had me carry him, aight?
 An' Doppel took some crates from a 'uge wardrobe thing in the cornah o' da room an' we went back home, only the Barra man had some friends, an' they noticed he was gone an' went ta look fer him, chasin' after us. An' Kimmy took de man from Bertha, told Bertha ta stay, hold 'em off. Bertha knows, it cuz Bertha always angry. No silly questions asked if Bertha smack sumbody, see? But dem two, dey were quick lil' bastids. I tink I got 'un, but it gets all hazy 'ere.

She sighs, a tragic expression on her face.
"It cuz Bertha natch-rallee angry. Can never remember who ta smack."
At this point Tristan returns with a worried-looking medic and several guardsmen in tow.

Go find a regiment medic and a squad of guardsmen and return with them.
Finding a medic doesn't take too long since the medics have their own tent, clearly marked with a snake-staff symbol. You requisition one of them, as well as a few orderlies and a guardsman who was just loitering about.
The medic binds Bertha's foot quite quickly and without any questions: it looks like Tamerian-related incidents do not surprise him much.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 06:45:11 pm by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 12, 2015, 06:11:03 pm »

"Filthy peasantry."

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 12, 2015, 06:18:00 pm »

if at first its broken horribly, fix it a bit and try again.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 12, 2015, 06:31:03 pm »

" As ordered commissar. Did she have anything interesting to tell you? "
Caine's law.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 13, 2015, 01:24:29 am »

Well this kind of ending to his brawl was least expected. Diego, however, seems satisfied.
- Thank you, Father Emil. A just retribution fell on this scum just in time.

Diego spits on the eviscerated body, than proceeds to the rest of the group, wiping blood from his face.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 13, 2015, 07:23:45 am »

Viverde nodded at the arriving Stormtrooper and the troopers. 'Thank you, Gant. It would appear some of the Tamerians have gone to take something from some storage area. Something 'owed' to them.'

He considered the Ogryn's words for a moment. The Tamerians involved would have to be found and punished. The honor of the regiment would not stand a murdered trooper. The Ogryn, too, perhaps, but its blind loyalty made its actions hardly conscious. But to find them, first... He addressed the medic and guard;

'Put the Ogryn under guard at our quarters. It is complicit in an attack on our troops,' he said. He turned to Bertha again, speaking up. 'Bertha, come with us and you'll get back to your regiment soon enough. Tell me, what do these Kimmy and Doppel look like? Would you remember their platoon or company?'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 13, 2015, 07:34:25 am »

" If we are to go into the Tamarians camp I suggest we pick up a few suitable men first to form an honour guard.

They've killed 1 or more of us already we shouldn't take any risks and give them a second chance to kill us. I can acquire the suitable men quickly while you continue questioning her and be ready when your finished. "
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 08:21:50 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 13, 2015, 08:48:53 am »

Emil follows Diego, to find out what this is all about. Plus to fight some more uppity peasants.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 13, 2015, 09:06:26 am »

Viverde shakes his head. 'That might just as well escalate things. No, I think Commissar Denos and I will go speak with the Tamerian Commissars, if he agrees. I will not see two loyal regiments of the Emperor come to blows with eachother, no matter how difficult co-operation might be.'
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27