Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27

Author Topic: The Siege of Angazea [7/7] - Back in Black  (Read 35823 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Angazea [8/8] - Nobody expects the Barrablancan Commissariat
« Reply #135 on: February 09, 2015, 09:22:17 am »

" I meant simply back away a short way not leave. Far enough that she can't continue to attack us. If you kill her we learn nothing and its doubtful she is working alone.

We need that information now while we have time to act. If we don't solve this before we land it could get us all killed. "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Angazea [8/8] - 'Ere we go!
« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2015, 04:43:55 pm »

Bartolomeu waves dismissively as he avoids answering the question. "That is not important at the moment. I hope your immediate superior is not involved in matters much darker than they seem."

"You have, however, been temporarily recruited to assist us in whatever endeavors may come in the near future in exchange for not being executed. It is a fair deal. Tech-priest Amets, do you think you could open that lock so we may check the box's contents? A good auspex reading beforehand would also come in handy."
he says, turning his eyes to Marn. "Trooper Marn, I assume you have your auspex. We need a scan."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 09, 2015, 06:21:39 pm »

"A question, ratling. Where exactly did you acquire this box from?"
"I didn't - 's all Rodric. Where he gets his stuff, I've no idea. Or do you mean the box itself? Dunno either. Those ain't that hard to come by.
"Rephrasing: What was your first contact with this box? Delivery to the captain you mentioned? Retrieval from the container?"

"You have, however, been temporarily recruited to assist us in whatever endeavors may come in the near future in exchange for not being executed. It is a fair deal. Tech-priest Amets, do you think you could open that lock so we may check the box's contents? A good auspex reading beforehand would also come in handy."[/color]
"Possibly, Commissar, though not likely swiftly or without triggering any alarm or trap the lock might contain."
Amusement fills Amets voice, "Curiously, picking locks was not a part of Mechanicus basic training."
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 09, 2015, 06:29:37 pm »

"I just have my tablet on me, I'd have to head back to the chimera to grab the rest of my kit."

"We also may be able to just remove the locking mechanism, but that depends on whats on the inside. Wouldent take long for me to go back and grab my kit."
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 09, 2015, 06:45:58 pm »

"Commissar, is there anything you need me to do? I'm not familiar with... machines or things... and I'm not exactly the best for restraining people..." Amalia raises a noodly arm.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 09, 2015, 06:48:42 pm »

" Commissar I must recommend we do not further harm the Ogryn we need it alive, this ogryns actions suggest as unlikely as it may be at the very least a small scale heretical movement is present amongst our sister regiment.
To kill our only source of information would be a grave error.

Sir.  "

Full action, Aim.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 07:01:32 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 09, 2015, 07:57:19 pm »

"Commissar, is there anything you need me to do? I'm not familiar with... machines or things... and I'm not exactly the best for restraining people..." Amalia raises a noodly arm.

"Go back to the barracks to fetch the rest of the troopers. It seems the problems run deeper than I thought."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 09, 2015, 08:14:25 pm »

"Yessir!"
Amalia runs on over to the barracks.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 09, 2015, 10:57:11 pm »

Look around for any people, then start randomly shaking containers, listening for the clinking of bottles.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2015, 10:05:01 am »

Diego turns his face away in disgust from the stinking guardsman.

Awareness: [72]
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 10, 2015, 07:51:01 pm »

If at first you dont succeed, scream for your comrade from the door.

"Poise! Grab our rifles and get over to 34-I! Dont forget our grub!"
Poise arrives rather promptly with your lasgun and two ratbars, which are as inedible today as the day when they were produced (some twelve years before). Damn convenient, she is.

Diego turns his face away in disgust from the stinking guardsman.

Awareness: [72]
The man's general grossitude makes you miss the fact that he no longer seems to be limping. His hand tightens around your shoulders just as you're about to enter the container, then his fist slams into your ribs as he spins round to sweep your legs out from under you.

Diego: roll Toughness

"Yessir!"
Amalia runs on over to the barracks.
You run past Father Emil on your way back - the priest seems to have some beef with the local storage containers. When you get back to the camp, everything seems to be as it was before, except with more activity, now that the day has started.

Look around for any people, then start randomly shaking containers, listening for the clinking of bottles.
You start beating up the huge two-storey containers in your quest for alcohol. No audible clinking can be detected, but you hear Marn yelling for Poise in the distance. Heading in the direction of the shout, you soon arrive to container 34-I and the mildly amusing scene of some Tamerian hobo attempting to trip up Diego.

"A question, ratling. Where exactly did you acquire this box from?"
"I didn't - 's all Rodric. Where he gets his stuff, I've no idea. Or do you mean the box itself? Dunno either. Those ain't that hard to come by.
"Rephrasing: What was your first contact with this box? Delivery to the captain you mentioned? Retrieval from the container?"
He shrugs. "First time I see it, actually. Rodric has a lot of people to run errands fer him - I just got the description an' the story in brief."

Gant and Viverde--------------------------
'No, Gant! If we go, we might not find her again!' Viverde said quickly, aware he was fast running out of ammunition. 'OGRYN! You are a sworn trooper of His Imperial Guard! Stop! In the name of the Commisariat! Remember your oaths and submit to justice!'

Try for a Full Action Command test? (Roll, if possible: [33], vs 45, plus or minus possible modifiers.)

IF NOT POSSIBLE... Half-Aim, Standard Attack: [57], vs 23+30=53, a fantastic miss. One shot left.
The Ogryn seems to have lost some fighting spirit now that you've disarmed her, and at your commanding shout her expression becomes mildly confused as she first looks around herself, then attempts to stand at attention only to discover her now-missing foot and collapse to the floor. Quite astonishingly, she manages a salute despite being horizontal.

"Bertha serve the Emprah an' the Tamerian 27th, glory tah Tameria! Comissar hurt? We in pre-zzens o' enemy? Bertha remember bad one minute, two minute many."

" Commissar I must recommend we do not further harm the Ogryn we need it alive, this ogryns actions suggest as unlikely as it may be at the very least a small scale heretical movement is present amongst our sister regiment.
To kill our only source of information would be a grave error.

Sir.  "

Full action, Aim.
You take aim at the wounded Ogryn as she flops around on the floor, just in case she decides to start trouble again. She is ignoring you for now, her attention focused on Viverde.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 04:27:46 pm by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Angazea [8/8] - Ogryns De-Feeted: 1
« Reply #146 on: February 10, 2015, 07:55:37 pm »

Come up behind and attack this filthy Tamerian peasant.

((Not entirely sure of how this works.))

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 10, 2015, 08:11:27 pm »

"Ratbars again? Ahwell, I guess hoping for real food was just wishful thinking. Comon Poise, lets grab our kit. We have work to do for the commisar."

Pop over to the chimera, grab my scanner and toolkit, return and start a scan.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 10, 2015, 11:54:30 pm »

"Artho! Artho! Wake up, Commissar Denos needs you!" "Ugh--" "No, seriously, we have an issue! You too, Maria!"
Amalia pops out of the tent and tries to flag down a couple of the other Conquistadors.

"Hey! You, and you! There's a bit of a situation, uh, and maybe we could use an extra hand or two? Uh, we're the Commissarial squad!"
Attempt to get a couple of other Conquistadors over to help out.

Hahaha... 91.
(( If going with Charm and with no difficulty modifiers, that's 8 degrees of failure, if just going by Fellowship it's 6. Dumb decision was dumb, but then again I expected it to fail... just maybe not this hard.))
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 12:02:57 am by Powder Miner »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2015, 04:49:23 am »

Toughness: [17] (success, 3 degrees)

As he realises that the scum tries to attack him, Diego's face expression turns from disgust, through surprise, to rage, as he tries to resists his puny attempts.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 09:14:28 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27