Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Alchemech Reloaded! Alchemypunk RPG Interest Check and Test Fight  (Read 12898 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Alchemech Reloaded! Alchemypunk RPG Interest Check and Test Fight
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2015, 03:47:11 pm »

Spikes everywhere.
The metal itself wouldn't have to be all that thick, since it's just there for the spikes to grow from.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2015, 03:51:20 pm »

Spikes everywhere.
The metal itself wouldn't have to be all that thick, since it's just there for the spikes to grow from.

With your skills, as an attack you could form a spike/spikes in the general area of someone as a direct attack at medium distance, summon up a few spikes to block things at short distance, or transmute a dozen small spikes or a few dozen needle like spikes in a medium-close distance around you. Or do something else, if you try it and you can't Ill tell you.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2015, 03:55:21 pm »

"Push forwards men! We nearly have him!"
Pushing continues for Kyle Johnson.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2015, 03:57:55 pm »

Attempt to skewer the 5 closest soldiers with metal spikes shooting from the ground.
Also, if possible, encase self in a somewhat large, thick metal dome, with enough room to move in and a few small hole providing air and light.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2015, 03:58:15 pm »

*Curses because of lack of ranged anti-infantry weapons.

Averus starts lumbering forward again, igniting flamethrower again, and shooting his Auto-Cannon to try distract him and/or get a lucky hit.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2015, 04:01:04 pm »

Flatten the ground in a large radius around me with several pockets of deep mud, quicksand or just air with roofs thick enough to hold a person or light mech up all over the place.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2015, 04:10:06 pm »

((Soon as the range and area skills are sorted out, I'll write up a sheet.))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2015, 05:47:16 pm »

Purified:
Name: Marcus the Cain
Inventory: A black leather trenchcoat with "CAIN" branded in with gold. His body is lined with blue, glowing tattoos, and he is of a lean, muscular build, with no head or facial hair, and a prominent chin.
General Skills: The generic human skills that everyone but Pilots have access to. You get 200 points to spend between them, for now at least. Purified get double what everyone else gets!
Guns:40
Melee:40
Dodge: 40
Strength:40
Agility:40
Purified Abilities: These are what augmentations your character has that set him apart from "Normal". Some have to be activated, but it is generally as a free action that can happen at any time. You only get 100 points between these, emphasizing your normal skills over special ones.

Armor: 0
Weapon Specialty: 0
Action Specialty:0
Enhanced Skill:
15:Guns
15:Melee
15:Dodge
15:Strength
15:Agility
Special: 25
(Gear Switch: Marcus has been imbued with an alchemical gear system, which enables him to further boost his abilities for a short time, at the potential cost of injury and fatigue.
Gear 1-Green: His skills increase from 55 to 69, but he has a possibility of being slightly fatigued. His tattoos glow green, and he bulks up slightly.
Gear 2-Yellow: His skills increase from 69 to 86, but he is guaranteed to be slightly fatigued, with a possibility of moderate fatigue and minor injury. His tattoos glow yellow, he bulks up noticeably, and spikes begin to protrude from his skin.
Gear 3-Orange: His skills increase from 86 to 108, but he is guaranteed to be moderately fatigued and have minor injury, with a possibility of severe fatigue and moderate injury. His tattoos glow orange, he is a bulked up like a muscle-builder, and the spikes are clearly noticeable, with a set of small horns sticking from his head.
Gear 4-Red: His skills increase from 108 to 135, but he is guaranteed to be severely fatigue and have moderated injury, with a possibility of complete fatigue and severe injury. His tattoos glow red, he is a borderline hulk, and he looks like a demon.)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 09:39:31 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2015, 06:21:14 pm »

Kyle continues closing in his circle, using his superior numbers to his full advantage. Several soldiers get pot-shots off at the Alchemist from behind cover as they advance, but none succeed in anything noteworthy. Your circle is now much smaller, with many soldiers having a line of fire to the enemy, if a bad one. You included, though you seem to have the best LoF out of your Platoon.

(I guest this is why we need an AoE for Alchemists   :P) You cause several spear-sized metal spikes to pop out at random intervals in front of the soldiers advancing closer around you. Most see the attack coming, already jumping from cover to cover, and remain safe behind a tree. One unfortunate was caught in the side, apparently piercing his armor slightly. The Ruby armor seems to have greatly blunted the attack, though a Comrade had to help him to cover and he doesn't seem to be capable of advancing any more. He then forms a metallic sphere around himself, blocking off the LoF that the enemy had. It appears the shell is thinner than he had intended, Kyle believes he can pierce it with only a few shots.

Deegan attempts to gain distance, which unfortunately goes poorly for him. He does not manage to get very far, though as he does so he manages a great hit on his opponent. The mech appears to be sweating, with drops of clear liquid running down the sides of the massive machine. It appears that the vinegar acid did its job well, several miscolored lines appear to show off the damage they have done. It isn't about to topple the mech any time soon, but it is noticeable.

For Averus's part, he is now close enough to hit with his flamethrower. He does so as he lumbers forward, causing flames to erupt over his body where the acid had been. Strangely, this does not seem to effect him much. Deegan reasons that the weapon or mech is designed to somehow be immune to its own flame, or flame in general, while the flamethrower is activated. He seems to fail to dodge while noticing this, his left arm being painfully scorched by the fire. He can still move it, but it seems to have third degree burns that will need treatment.

Flatten the ground in a large radius around me with several pockets of deep mud, quicksand or just air with roofs thick enough to hold a person or light mech up all over the place.

Can I get a clarification? What do you mean by "Roofs thick enough to hold a person"? Do you want to make a "pit" with several "platforms" that can be walked on?

((Soon as the range and area skills are sorted out, I'll write up a sheet.))

I am probably not going to update any rules until I can at least get a test-fight finished, you might end up waiting a while  :P. This thread is almost as long as the last one already.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I was wondering when someone was going to pick Purified again, it was really popular last time.I don't have any real problem with it, but you should probably be warned that this character has almost no offensive ability, due to lacking any melee/guns skills. It would be a pretty powerful tank though.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2015, 06:33:15 pm »

"We've got him on the defensive men! Keep him down!"
Kyle takes the shot.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2015, 06:35:47 pm »

I was thinking that the skill with the axe would help with that, but I'll put some points into melee
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2015, 06:39:13 pm »

I was thinking that the skill with the axe would help with that, but I'll put some points into melee
Basically, you have a lot of muscle and a big flaming axe, but you're absolutely terrible at actually hitting anything :P.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2015, 06:40:34 pm »

Basically, you have a lot of muscle and a big flaming axe, but you're absolutely terrible at actually hitting anything :P.
Lol. Now he can hit stuff. Be very afraid.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2015, 06:42:11 pm »

Ignore.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 06:44:16 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2015, 06:56:20 pm »

I'll make a character at some point in the next few hours then.

And as a thought for how AoE and distance could work:

Alchemists could have a range limit based on skills, they can extend the range by creating arrays (more or less symbols) that let them either create an effect within a similarly limited range from the array, or use it as a segment for a massive array. Huge arrays take several segments minimum, segment arrays cannot be used for effect generation. An array could in theory be created via alchemical projection to transmute matter into an array. Arrays can be scuffed, destroyed, filled in, or damaged to remove it disable them.

An alchemist still would need LoS to a target, if they intend to make a targeted attack from an array. Making an AoE around the array would not need LoS cause they would simply be remembering where it is and using it as a conduit for energy.

Massive arrays could be disabled by damaging even a single segment array, and likely take a while to set up, although they could have battle changing effects if activated. Unless you're the one triggering it, you probably don't wanna be in it.

Thoughts on that system? Would keep them in the original support role but would give them the range needed (with setup), as well as AoE. The massive array section could qualify as that class special you mentioned earlier that Alchemists don't have but others do.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9