Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Magical School (SG)  (Read 12178 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Magical School (SG)
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2015, 09:31:19 pm »

Don't you want to see how the "school of hope" is secretly evil?

(prediction is that neither is actually evil)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2015, 09:40:39 pm »

I was about to make a post until the new Zaku suggestions came in. I'll wait until tommorow.

Also both Zaku and Rodaz are Atrian born humans. They also serve the Kingdom in times of need and both promise support to the King for any other matter that he deems important enough. But they are rivals and killing a mage in a duel, even Novices, is not unheard of. Choose wisely because i plan to make both paths harsh.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 11:29:06 pm by 3man75 »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2015, 02:18:22 am »

Rebel!(Zaku)

(I like the dark path, doubly so if it not automatically the evil path)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2015, 07:32:11 am »

Dark path is awesome path
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2015, 09:41:37 am »

((Update after my class. Feel free to keep voting and discussing.))

Name: Fal Zanti.
Magical Attunement: Fire.
Road to glory: Child of one of the teachers, extremely overactive and uncontrolled magic, nearly accidentally burned down the house. Control is needed. (and a fireproof room) Teacher recommended.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Your father teaches at the infamous Academy of Zaku in the Eastern mountains where the Great Zaqui staged his rebellion against the Kings who despised his knowledge of immortality. As for yourself, where else would you go but Zaku Academy where your father hopes you can find control of the magic that almost cost him a home he worked his entire house to build. As you sit with your father, or Professor Zane as he tells you to call him from now on, he tells you about the ranks of the academy and the do's and don't while their. As a first year or novice you wear a dull Grey hood over your wool shirt and pants. He tells you that after your second year and completion of your first exam you'll be advanced to second year or adventurer and then you can have a Black Hood.

When you ask about third years your father simply points to his Red hood that he used to cover himself up last night saying it is only for Master magicians. He looks grim for a moment and tells you not to think about passing into the Red hood part of the school and to just focus on getting to your second year. The Do's and Don'ts are very straight forward though: Don't get into fights, Appreciate titles, focus on studying, and never call him father but Professor or Sir. When he finishes he points to the Academy's Black Metal gates where two gargoyles sit on both sides. You can feel a presence from the statuettes but they look normal. Your Carriage stops and you jump out ecstatic that the long ride is over but are soon bored when their is nothing around you but the gate and your carriage. Your father comes out a little later with his Red Hood and robes on. He looks at you with a face of worry and guilt.

What do you do? What do you do Fal Zanti?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 11:49:26 am by 3man75 »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2015, 12:09:22 pm »

Find where the new students wearing robes like ours are gathering. Maybe we'll make a friend!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2015, 12:09:29 pm »

Despite the chilly morning, do not give into temptation to warm yourself with magic.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2015, 12:39:49 pm »

Find where the new students wearing robes like ours are gathering. Maybe we'll make a friend!
+1
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2015, 12:46:16 pm »

This. Then go to library.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2015, 01:15:41 pm »

You look around for students wearing your own robe to chat with but see no one. You turn to your father and see a small Red Robed figure in front of him. You walk towards them and the figure turns around. His face..no mask looks like a burned leathery face with two peep holes for eyes that are too dark too see thanks to the hood over the mask. You introduce yourself like your father had drilled you as First year Fal Zanti.

"Ahh so your the one i should  care about."

Before you can say anything he snaps his fingers and flames appear behind you in some dark oval shape. The flames surroudning the oval are purple with a dark interior where you can loosely see many other figures inside.

"Through that portal you will be inside courtyard where the ceramony by the Dean will commence. Me and Professor Zani need to speak about other things so go quickly."

He says in a deep voice with speech that seems practiced a thousand times over.

"Oh and don't worry about your luggage it'll be taken to your room, novice."

The figure turns around and gestures to your fathers cart where they both begin to move inside too. You wonder what kind of conversation they will have...

What do you do?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2015, 01:18:27 pm »

Welp nothing to it but Go through the portal
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2015, 02:09:57 pm »

Through the portal!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2015, 04:18:04 pm »

.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2015, 06:01:13 pm »

You walk through the portal only taking one more look at your fathers carriage and seeing the door shut. Walking through you sense the temparature of the fires but at the same time you don't feel them. Boggled by the paradox your body is thrust forward into the portal and you black out...

You wake up standing in front of a group of Grey hoods look at you and small smiles decorate their faces. You look around and feel a painful dread of black everywhere as light feels almost devoid in this room except the candles that litter the walls and a few being carried by Red and Black robed figures.

Across the room you see a figure with a Red Robe stare at you. Said figure you can see holds a scythe and a mask of Yellow bones. Two red Crescents dot the eyes and a Blue cross stretches from eyes to forehead and then down to it's mouth. He stands behind groups of Black Robed of figures who simply make conversation between themselves. You wonder if approaching the Red one would be a good idea.

Another idea could be to just make merry with your fellow mages but right now. As of this moment. You are in a Zaku: An Academy known to train mages that care about the end and not the means. Where murder can be acceptable so long as lessons are learned...at least that's what the rumors say.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2015, 06:04:52 pm »

Make friends. Be social.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8