Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 98

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread. [Ended]  (Read 99802 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just threw that tattoo in as flavor: It started was just a tattoo with the dwarf's lovers' names, but then they broke up and new lovers took their place in the tattoo.
It's completely unimportant.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Ah, sorry.  I'll slightly alter my post, then.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No problem, I should have made that clear or just not done it.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Ummm...

My bolded action didn't say to run off into the night without a vital member of the group, and try to sneak in a random direction. I didn't even want to use those robes right now, given the whole group doesn't have one. I wanted to get in touch with the mayor before we made our next move. I should have indicated this in my RP, I guess.

I don't mind a bit of railroad, especially in a PBP (really, i'm fine with it), but man. I'm mostly just annoyed Gigglemesh wasn't given a chance to rejoin the group. Tossing us into the next battle is fine, but don't leave anyone out.

Can we at least retcon Sweetpea as having re-joined the group before we dashed off, which would really make sense? You wouldn't even have to change much-and she could even do her quick conversation with the mayor flash back style while we're fighting, that would be very cool.

Anyway!

We gained a level! :) I'm updating my sheet now...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 09:03:47 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

It be Gigla, Dwarmin.

Wait, we gained a level? Huh. It's sheet updating time.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

MNII, would you approve this homebrew arcane tradition? I like the look of it, and it really fits Johanna's style. She's not exactly the sort to limit herself to a single school of thought.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32507073/Arcanist%20-%20Expanded%20Mind.pdf

It be Gigla, Dwarmin.

Wait, we gained a level? Huh. It's sheet updating time.

I promise I'll always forget.

And yeah, we have exactly 300 XP. We leveled, unless we need exactly 301...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyway! I'm taking my standard HP (4+CON+Race bonus)

Johanna levels!
+8 HP
Learning: Comprehend Languages, Minor Illusion, Ice Knife (3rd spell pending approval)
Abilities gained: Spell Savant, Font of Knowledge (abilities pending approval)
+1 Lv.1 spell slot

Some of you guys might want a take look at the new stuff WOTC just put out, too. My Ice Knife spell is from there.

http://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/EE_PlayersCompanion.pdf <--
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 09:44:44 am by Dwarmin »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I rolled for HP.
A whole 2-1 = 1 extra HP.

Fannnnntastic.

Most fragile rogue ever made.

Anyway, at level 2, I get cunning action:
You can take a bonus action on each of your turns in combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think you count your CON modifier as a negative, do you? It should just be zero+the roll.

Otherwise if you had really low CON you could potentially die every level...lol.

I can't find anything in the rulebook, tho, so it's up to the GM. I know at least the general homerule is 1 HP minimum a level, so it might still be legit.

Anyway, at level 2, I get cunning action:
You can take a bonus action on each of your turns in combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.

At least with this you have no excuse to ever be targeted anyway. :P Just pop up, shoot, then hide in the grass. Or disengage away behind a wall. Be the Akira that never was.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 11:25:32 am by Dwarmin »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was under the impression it was taken away from the level up HP, but it didn't take it below one. As it'd didn't take me below 1... I just got a atrocious level up.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can we at least retcon Sweetpea as having re-joined the group before we dashed off, which would really make sense? You wouldn't even have to change much-and she could even do her quick conversation with the mayor flash back style while we're fighting, that would be very cool.
Of course. Sorry about that! Fixed.
MNII, would you approve this homebrew arcane tradition? I like the look of it, and it really fits Johanna's style. She's not exactly the sort to limit herself to a single school of thought.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32507073/Arcanist%20-%20Expanded%20Mind.pdf
It's fine, except for the 6th level ability. The wording indicates that you are able to cast ANY spell in your spellbook, without using a spellslot. So when we hit level 6 in a few chapters, we'll adjust that.
I don't think you count your CON modifier as a negative, do you? It should just be zero+the roll.

Otherwise if you had really low CON you could potentially die every level...lol.

I can't find anything in the rulebook, tho, so it's up to the GM. I know at least the general homerule is 1 HP minimum a level, so it might still be legit.
DM hand waving says that the -1 applies to HP rolls, and a minimum of 1 HP a level.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's fine, except for the 6th level ability. The wording indicates that you are able to cast ANY spell in your spellbook, without using a spellslot. So when we hit level 6 in a few chapters, we'll adjust that.

Starting at 6th level, you can cast one spell that is in your spellbook without needing to have it prepared

Humm, I'm reading it as I'll be able to cast any spell-it will still cost a spell slot, I just don't need it to have it prepared in my list. A wizard has to prepare a set number of spells to cast from...unless I'm reading something wrong?

I mean, chances are, by level 6 I've have a ton of spells learned, and only so many I can prepare. This is a really nice ability, but I don't think it's OP.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 11:57:29 am by Dwarmin »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My main concern is that the wording is unclear, and while we both understand it in the way it is meant to be understood, I want what's written on your sheet to be more clear.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, homebrew is sketchy...ah well, we'll deal with it if the campaign even ever gets there.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quick question. When levelling, can we opt to take the written amount (In my case 6) for the higher level, or if we roll are we locked into that? Cause I rolled a 4.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 98