Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: [Pathfinder] After the Rifting (ACTIVE)(3/5, Accepting players)  (Read 23426 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: [Pathfinder] After the Rifting (5/5, Waitlist open)
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2015, 06:20:14 pm »

Do Keen and Improved Critical stack?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2015, 06:22:18 pm »

No :(
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2015, 07:28:05 pm »

Does Dust of Disappearance counter Dust of Appearance?

EDIT: Shopping finished. Just the flavor left to write.

EDITEDIT: Hey Pariah, how did you manage to get immunity to mind effects?

Also, how come you're more of an ungodly beatstick than I usually play :P?

EDITEDITEDIT: Is Fascinate Mind-Affecting? I can't find anything that says it is.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 09:31:13 pm by Remuthra »

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2015, 10:31:55 pm »

No, Dust of Disappearance does not counter Dust of Appearance, it only counters magical things, like invisibility purge and see invisibility. ("Dust of appearance, however, does reveal people and objects made invisible by dust of disappearance." From d20pfsrd.com Dust of Appearance).

HOUSERULING:
However, due to many of your adversaries having true seeing by default, I'll say that enhanced dust of disappearance+invisibility will allow you to be undetected by True Seeing. Enhanced Dust of Disappearance can either be bought for 50% extra gold or regular dust can be enhanced by a DC 25 Craft(Alchemy) Check in 1 hour. Spending 2 hours and buying 1000 gp worth of rare components will make it only a DC 15 Craft(Alchemy) Check.
/Houseruling

Immunity to mind-affecting comes from being a serpentfolk.

CR 15 + a lenient DM = some crazy combinations that just aren't strong/viable in lower power campaigns.

"Fascinate is an enchantment (compulsion), mind-affecting ability." (From Paizo's d20pfsrd.com Bard class)

EDIT: Looked through your character sheet and transcribed to Roll20, but noticed some issues in your attack schedules- Your bite doesn't get iterative attacks(Natural weapons don't get extras), and thus gets either one attack at your full BAB as a primary weapon (no weapon attacks) or one attack at BAB-5 as a secondary natural weapon (Full weapon attacks but 1/2 STR bonus). I adjusted your character sheet to show this, but thought I should mention it to you. (See Here for details.)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 02:37:17 am by Delioth »
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2015, 11:44:31 pm »

I dont even know, ive never actually rolled up a pre-levelled character before.

It started out looking pretty weak but then delioth pointed out a rule i missed and then i discovered i forgot other rules and i just kept discovering things id missed and channelling it all into strength and greatsword mastery and buyimg items to boost it and it just kept spiralling upwards...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2015, 12:32:36 am »

Just some random question I have to ask. Is a druid always female (sue me)?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2015, 12:34:05 am »

I can't imagine why that would be.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2015, 12:35:52 am »

I was just reading this (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/classes/druid.html#druid) and it always refers to druids as 'she's.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2015, 12:58:05 am »

Paizo refers to everything as a she.

I think its actually (s)he but the were too lazy to add the brackets.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2015, 01:27:58 am »

Hey delioth, could you give me a rundown of the edits you made/make to my sheet?

im having trouble telling where my mistakes end and your edits begin.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2015, 02:42:53 am »

Sorry, I realized afterwards that I'd written all of those edits down in an edit of my post... but promptly forgot to hit 'post'.

They're really just edits to how your natural attack works- you never get iterative natural attacks, but you can make a natural attack as though it were a secondary attack in addition to your weapon iterative attacks. So you get 3 attacks with a weapon + one attack with your bite. As you seem to have noticed, natural weapons don't get any bonus to hit from strength, and secondary attacks take -5 to BAB, so you end up with your round of attacks can either be your 3 attacks on weapon as described + one bite at only +6 with 1/2 str to damage, or it can be a single bite (Nothing more) at +11 with full str to damage. There's an obvious choice, but there is a choice yet.

Also you misspelled 'neutral'.
Oh, and I generated a statblock to transfer a bunch of stats at once.

EDIT:
--NOTICED--
You can't have Penetrating Strike or Greater Penetrating strike- they both explicitly require fighter level 12/16- you're only fighter level 11. Sorry...

But on the bright side you're forgetting to add your +5 BAB from your Monstrous Humanoid HD, so that's some extra feats you qualify for.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 03:31:36 am by Delioth »
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2015, 02:47:10 am »

Cheers.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2015, 06:27:53 am »

Paizo refers to everything as a she.

I think its actually (s)he but the were too lazy to add the brackets.
I've actually noticed this in WotC, and several other products, including Shadowrun. Must be some sort of convention.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2015, 01:22:29 pm »

Sorry I'm taking so long. Haven't been able to get to my computer recently.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2015, 01:31:35 pm »

That's fine Froggy, just try to have the thing done by Wednesday.

Oh, and if InstantHax doesn't have a character by then, is it okay by the rest of you if we start without him and inject him/her whenever the sheet is done/ready?

Also, I'm giving everyone a title in the characters section. Let me know if you have a specific one you want/don't like the one I gave, and I'll change it.
Help us write a story!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22