Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: [Pathfinder] After the Rifting (ACTIVE)(3/5, Accepting players)  (Read 23405 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: [Pathfinder] After the Rifting (1-3?/4, Accepting registrations.)
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2015, 04:28:53 pm »

I meant just bypassing the need for a workstation in exchange for a challenge rating bonus. After all alchemical tools are clunky and if I can even store ingredients that way I'd be much harder to disable.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2015, 04:37:14 pm »

I might as well post my very WIP sheet.

Backstory idea: He was raised by the local empire's legion, born and bred for special forces work. His life and love is the legion, or at least it was before it was destroyed. He was able to lead a few special forces to safety. Now, he's out for revenge.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2015, 06:35:40 pm »

I meant just bypassing the need for a workstation in exchange for a challenge rating bonus. After all alchemical tools are clunky and if I can even store ingredients that way I'd be much harder to disable.

Oh, in that case I'd say bypassing the need for a workstation sounds like not needing a spellbook or something... it seems pretty trivial, so I'd say +0.5 CR

I might as well post my very WIP sheet.

Backstory idea: He was raised by the local empire's legion, born and bred for special forces work. His life and love is the legion, or at least it was before it was destroyed. He was able to lead a few special forces to safety. Now, he's out for revenge.

Looks and sounds pretty neat!
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: [Pathfinder] After the Rifting (2-4?/4, Accepting registrations.)
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2015, 01:01:01 am »

K, so I've been doing encounters and a general idea of how to present the story, and I'm getting the feeling/noticing that you guys have no character designed to be in melee... at all. I mean, you've got a super-sneaky guy who blinks around, a sniper who likes big areas, an alchemist who (as far as I know) is pretty bad in melee range.. and an unknown who's thinking of using the greater invisibility, which sounds like a pretty sneaky character.
I mean, I'm all for whatever you guys want to play, and I love the direction the party is taking, but I'd really like to know:
A) What are you planning, PrivateNomad?
1) Do you guys want me to add another slot for a character to round out the party at 5? (I'm rooting for this, but if you guys want to keep it at 4 then that's input that I appreciate.)

And on another note, discuss! I've not defined a lot of the setting in this place yet, as I like to keep it ambiguous so your ideas can flourish- if you want your character to come from a magical kingdom where soarwhales are used for transportation and people take rides on arrowhawks, then go for it! If you say that kingdom exists, then the kingdom of Cloudhaven (or whatever name you put on it) exists and will be incorporated into the world/map.
And it's pretty cool when the party didn't just appear from nowhere- why would these 4/5 heroes come together from nowhere? Did you meet in a tavern? on the field of battle? Maybe Remuthra betrayed My Name is Immaterial at some point and is now serving a period of bondage for his crimes. Intertwined backstories are the coolest, and give me even more things to incorporate into the plot/to storytell during the questing. (I.E. Rem triggered his mark of Justice again, and you had to explain to the local elder why an assassin appeared on his doorstep asking for tea to calm his nausea. &c.)
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Pathfinder] After the Rifting (4?/4-5, Accepting registrations.)
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2015, 08:48:16 am »

Mutagen actually makes Alchemists pretty good melee fighters in a jam. +4 to strength +3 natural armor for 8400 rounds unmodified at the level I want to start at! And if I spend one of my seven discoveries I get +6/+4. Also what's the leveling speed?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 09:32:41 am by The Froggy Ninja »

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2015, 09:20:32 am »

Leveling speed is simplified- I don't like big numbers everywhere, and someone did the math that medium progression gives a level every 15 encounters. As such, your experience is from 0-30, and when you hit 30 you level up and your XP resets to 0. Each regular encounter is worth 2 XP, roleplaying and such is worth between 1-3 XP per adventure/dungeon/smallish part. Other encounters are worth 1 XP for weak ones, and 3-4 XP for strong ones.
But the whole thing averages out to the same as medium.
Help us write a story!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2015, 09:36:20 am »

Cool. We should get a melee guy though. Alchemists work but it would really be better to use my mutagen on a fighter class. Also I can use mutagen to increase the rogues' Dex. Mutagen is awesome (besides the mental attribute loss).
EDIT: Work in progress sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1108552
EDIT2: Do we get modified starting gold due to high level or standard?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 10:34:12 am by The Froggy Ninja »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2015, 12:18:31 pm »

Nah, we don't need a melee guy.

We probably do. Otherwise no flank bonuses.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2015, 12:28:01 pm »

Wait a minute... crap. Can we get an infuse mutagen discovery (and change the preexisting on to improved) that allows others to use my mutagens?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2015, 12:29:49 pm »

Wait a minute... crap. Can we get an infuse mutagen discovery (and change the preexisting on to improved) that allows others to use my mutagens?
Hah, wondered about that.

If it doesn't exist, you might well be able to GM it.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2015, 12:45:24 pm »

Visionary Researchers. They get regular mutagens, but can also make experimental ones that work on others for half benefit. (so if you get greater mutagen, you can give +3 to one and +2 to another, as well as +2 natural armor.)
I'll also add that if you have both the infusion and infuse mutagen discoveries, you can make one of the infused mutagens (1000 gp) give full benefits, but 1/4 duration.
Help us write a story!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2015, 12:49:46 pm »

That's boringly complicated. So... Nah. Also I forgot to save my progress and I was almost done with the sheet. (RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEE)

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2015, 06:49:38 pm »

Been a whole day, so I'm bumping.

Also spiced up the intro text with a little bit of treachery.
Help us write a story!

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2015, 02:01:09 pm »

Been a couple days, and I've been thinking of the mutagen infusion....
And I'll allow a single discovery to be used for it, with the prereq. of Alchemist Level 10.

Oh, and your first dungeon is done.

In case I forgot to mention it, I'm using nice pretty Roll20 Maps.
Help us write a story!

InstantHax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Pathfinder] After the Rifting (4?/4-5, We need a warrior.)
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2015, 12:34:54 am »

Save a spot for me. I will post in a bit.

And yes, I will be a melee character c:
No hacks here...........just move along :3
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22