Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: You are a Warlord(SG)  (Read 7670 times)

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Warlord(SG)
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2015, 03:32:10 pm »

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT and killing mostly loot though

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2015, 03:38:46 pm »

(In What fashion?)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2015, 04:40:40 pm »

Have the rest of the axemen back up the bersekers. Take a small group of about 3 with us to go ahead and find the leader.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2015, 05:02:29 pm »

(A band of Axemen or Berserkers?)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2015, 05:13:49 pm »

(We don't have control over the berserkers, do we? The axemen.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2015, 05:17:29 pm »

(You don't really control the Berserkers, You just get them to the enemy and they attempt to get rid of them. They do, however dole out an absurd amount of offensive damage but have less defense and don't have to roll for fear or pain resistance, So it balances. They still aren't good for stealth missions though...)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2015, 05:39:31 pm »

We'll have to move fast to get to the leader before the berserkers do. How do we get more of them, by the way?

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2015, 06:00:37 pm »

(Either training particularly aggressive peasants or recruiting them from an already existing military, Or a bar near the ocean. Drunks make good cannon fodder by the way.)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2015, 06:05:45 pm »

(Also, Berserkers aren't invincible, just fast and highly damaging. Unless you roll very well you are going to take some casualties.)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2015, 09:20:16 am »

You bellow the Time Honored Northern Battle Call,

"Let's Get 'Em!"

"YEAH!"

"All except for you three, You follow me."

You send your axemen into the cave and shortly after you hear loud screaming and what sounds like loud chanting stopping suddenly. You run into the Cave with your three bodyguards in search of the leader and see that the cave is very well lit, You also see the corpses of over half of your berserkers and that the rest are mortally wounded, Perhaps there's a reason why local militia haven't been able to deal with them. There are however several dead bandits and even more wounded ones but it seems like they've set up a Phalanx that went into effect when your berserkers and axeman charged into them. Damn. You also see a 7 foot tall bandit wearing iron platemail wielding what appears to be a steel war-hammer, He's standing over three dead berserkers and appears to be swinging the hammer around like its a doll, He's also laughing. The bandits are wearing scattered seemingly random bits of armor, threadbare clothing, and obviously stolen jewelry and gentleman's clothing. Ironically it appears that the second most effective warrior on their side was a dwarf wearing a Top Hat, He doesn't seem to have any weapons though. How do you deal with the fact that both of your units just critical failed all of their rolls, to your enemies critical successes?

Spoiler: Gerard Hammond (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Troops (click to show/hide)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2015, 10:58:13 am »

Badamp.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2015, 12:22:03 pm »

(Did this thread just have a heart attack?)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2015, 03:06:54 pm »

(It's time zones. You wrote your update at 1AM. I, for one, am asleep at 1AM.)

Let's put our Good Intimidation to the test. We'll gather up our axemen, aim for the flank of the phalanx, let out a WAR CRY!, and charge! We'll deal with the bandit leader ourself since our mace has the best chance of getting trough his platemail.

(Also, what happened to being very disorganised? I mean, two phalanxes in a row? Not really what I'd call disorganised.)

EDIT: (Also, wait at least 12 hours before bumping and use edits more.)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 03:16:31 pm by Andres »

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2015, 08:03:05 pm »

(By Phalanx I meant a loose huddle with spears and pointy things outwards, Not Spartan Shield Wall, Otherwise they would've taken less casualties. Your right I really shouldn't Spambump and thanks for the advice. These Berserkers are gonna die though, unless you have a master cleric in your Warband?)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2015, 08:24:03 pm »

We must charge while they're distracted by the berserkers! War cry!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6