Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LII: A damp troll hole - Game Over - Scum win  (Read 52046 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

He was mainly buddying you, then he stopped after some people started noticing. He just seemed to reply nicer to you while responding more neutral to everyone else:
Peradon:

Scripten: Based on previous experience with BM's, how do you expect this game to swing? What do you expect out of the more experienced players?

Usually, newbie games swing toward scum wins. That being said, the last two newbie games, including one which was a sprint, have ended in town wins. (The non-sprint one had both scum players replaced with very experienced players and town still won.) So really, it's up in the air. As long as everyone stays active and scumhunts with enthusiasm, we can definitely pull another win.
Peradon:

Zormod: What is your oppinion of scripten's scumhunting of mastahcheese? Do you think he is grasping at straws, or do you think he has legitimate concern for how mastahcheese worded his questions? Or, do you think scripten is merely trying to pressure mastahcheese?

Why did you phrase this question in this way? Are you trying to encourage Zormod to participate, do you want to exchange ideas with him, or are you trying to test the waters for support on which of {Scripten, Mastahcheese} to vote for?
The way he explained his reasoning against mastahcheese to you seemed like he was trying to befriend you.
Peradon:

My own comments in bold:

Comrade Shamrock:  Is it better to ask questions to everyone at once, or to focus on a small amount? This is a fine question. Not content-related, but there wasn't much to go on at this point.
Dani/Zormod/Peradon/origamiscienceguy: What do you expect to enjoy the most out of this game? Contentless. Not scummy, but I disregard non-game content parts of posts.
hector13: Where did you bury hector12? Ditto
Nerjin: Are you expecting to get Night Killed the first night, as is customary in BMs? Not terrible. I do wonder how Mastahcheese thought it would reveal Nerjin's alignment, but I can see potential here.
Scripten: How many trolls do you intend to kill? This is what tipped me off and made me suspicious. It could be town looking to trip up a scum player or it could also be scum either slipping up themselves. (Scum love to trick town into "slipping" and ride them onto a mislynch. The only way to tell motivation is to dig deeper.)

Basically, we have a content question, a few null questions, and a trick/trap question.

That doesn't answer the question.

-snip-

So you'd prefer to be Mafia, is what you're saying?
Or did you read the question?

This quote bothered me because it felt pedantic and, in my experience, scum will often hide behind pedantry to look like they are scumhunting when they are really just debating semantics. Whether a player prefers to be mafia or not isn't actually alignment-indicative, and it feels like he is trying to trick Dani into admitting he would enjoy being scum and play that off as proof that Dani is scum, which is fallacious but looks legitimate.

During this interaction, I feel he would have asked how you knew about the mafia chat page instead of shrgging it off.
Peradon:

Not at all. I would probably be doing that in the mafia chat, not here.

Ah. I see. Is there chat during day phase, then?

Instead, I was trying to get info on nerjin. Right now, he has acted a lot like an IC, but not like a player. Granted, he only has one post, but he has only asked one question, which is very general (And I forgot to answer that one...), and I dont think it would provide much.

Uhh... I think he's asked more than one question. Did you forget to open the spoiler tags?

I do suppose you have a point. I guess the content in a players question is as important as the answer that is provided... I need to look back on people's questions now......

Content in a player's posts is arguably more important than what questions they asked. Scum are less likely to slip up when writing their own questions and during their "scumhunting" attempts. (Though this is not unheard of.)

Cheese is also suspect, mainly due to scriptons post above, which makes complete sense to me....

Since Zormod and Mastahcheese are suspicious, why have you not voted for either of them?

These were just my observations though.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, if you thought he was buddying, why did you unvote him, when he gave no evidence to show he didnt?
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When I voted for him, I couldn't just keep the same argument as mastahcheese, because that would look like I was wagoning, and I didn't agree with parts of his argument. So I came up with my own additional theories which he refuted. I would look silly if I voted for him after he refuted my theory, so I unvoted him. Then, I didn't have enough time to find someone else to vote for.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When I voted for him, I couldn't just keep the same argument as mastahcheese, because that would look like I was wagoning, and I didn't agree with parts of his argument. So I came up with my own additional theories which he refuted. I would look silly if I voted for him after he refuted my theory, so I unvoted him. Then, I didn't have enough time to find someone else to vote for.

This is so much "I was afraid I would look like this" and not "I actually believed [so-and-so] was scummy".

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Testing, testing, 1 2 3!
So why didnt you just call out his buddying then?

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, the OP got cut in half again.... Just saying...     Testing yet again....

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wasnt trying to start a wagon. I was evaluating the mislynch, trying to see who was responsable. I also didnt mean to bold Nerjin's name, I was going to ask him a question, but I never did. I just didnt get rid of the bold. I didnt vote for him because he gave a reason for why he hasnt been active.
Yes the only one which you mentioned that could be taken suspiciously is the same as one you have passed suspicion on before without doing anything either time.

Because I find it suspicous. How do you follow up on a lurker? You cant, you just point it out.
You ask questions. If you think they're not going to post their own you give them something to answer. But to me it just seems like you say he's lurking and trying to throw suspicion his way.

Zormod:
Get in here and be helpful.

How do you feel about the current state of affairs?

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Zormod:
Get in here and be helpful.

How do you feel about the current state of affairs?
You know, several people have asked him this. He never gives a detailed answer. Thus the lurking.

The lack of detailed answers is why you cant follow up on a lurker. They just deflate every question.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would also like to point out that we have 1.5 hours before night. So, you know, voting maybe?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know how much I like today's content. If OSG flips town we're going to be in LyLo.

Zormod, I would really appreciate you participating now. (Along with everyone else who's lurking. That is, THE ENTIRE TOWN. >:( )

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Also, the OP got cut in half again.... Just saying...     Testing yet again....
WTF?
Ugh. I'm going to have to fix that soon.

Assuming I haven't missed an extension request, day ends in around an hour.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm going to vote Zormod due to inactivity.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day 2 ends

Votecount
Comrade Shamrock: {0}
hector13: {0}
Nerjin: {0}
origamiscienceguy: Scripten, Peradon,  hector13 {3}
Peradon: Comrade Shamrock {1}
Scripten: {0}
Zormod:  oragamiscienceguy, Nerjin {2}
Not voting:  Zormod, Peradon, Scripten

The trolls argue and fight among themselves, and it quickly comes to blows as troll fights are likely to do. Roe puts his fist into George's face, and Ud pulls Roe's pants over his head.

"I'm tired of Roe always getting to wear the best pants. He always gets special treatment."

The troll who claimed that shoved Roe into the cooking fire. Roe started to scream, but was stopped short when another troll skewered him and lifted the pike up to use as a cooking spit. The trolls took turns spinning Roes body until they guessed he was done.

"Bleh. Roe, what'd you do, even your best pasts taste awful"

Roe was a Regular Troll.

Oragamiscienceguy was lynched. He was a Vanilla Townie.

Night 2 starts now, and ends in 24 hours.
The Cyan Menace

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LII: A damp troll hole - Night 2 - Rotissery
« Reply #328 on: February 10, 2015, 08:28:51 pm »

After what seems like a very long night, the trolls return to the cave. Ud brings in a handful of goats, a goblin, and a warg, and tosses them into the stew pot. Rag carries in a bushel of vegetables; pines, oaks, and those hardy mountain bushes with the berries. George has some mossy rocks and a pair of goblins. All of it goes into the pot, and a great big fire is gotten ready.

Two of the remaining trolls have hauled in the statues that are the remains of their fellows. No other sign that the something else truly exists has been found yet, but they are more sure now than ever. The largest troll they've ever met failed to return at night, Bob the Cave Troll. Surely he's been turned to stone by now. He was a Cave Troll.

Paradon has been killed. He was a Town Jailkeeper.

Votecount
Comrade Shamrock: {0}
hector13: {0}
Nerjin: {0}
Scripten: {0}
Zormod:  {0}
Not voting:  Zormod,  Comrade Shamrock oragamiscienceguy, Nerjin,  hector13

Day will end on Friday February 13th. The day is in LYLO, and the day ends when >50% of players agree on a lynch, or when no votes have been changed for over 24 hours.

Spoiler: Mod Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 08:31:46 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LII: A damp troll hole - Night 2 - Rotissery
« Reply #329 on: February 10, 2015, 08:32:19 pm »

Noooooo.......

Well, good luck to ya'll....
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27