Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 106

Author Topic: Paranormal 24 - Game over! Doppelganger Victory!  (Read 216748 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 24 - Day 1 always ruins vacations
« Reply #255 on: January 22, 2015, 05:28:57 pm »

I don't like removing a vote on somebody without a person to place a new vote on.  I've had this discussion with others on this forum and others, and here particularly I have faced heavy resistance.  I will remove it despite having no good place to put it atm.

UXLZ

As to why I distrust posts that proclaim 'I am reading!', one should always be distrustful of fluff posting or those who don't post often.  Those who lurk are scummy by nature, or else hard to read as a playstyle.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 22, 2015, 05:38:14 pm »

As to why I distrust posts that proclaim 'I am reading!', one should always be distrustful of fluff posting or those who don't post often.  Those who lurk are scummy by nature, or else hard to read as a playstyle

That's understandable.

Speaking of lurkers... Oh where art thou, Tiruin?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 22, 2015, 05:43:05 pm »

As to why I distrust posts that proclaim 'I am reading!', one should always be distrustful of fluff posting or those who don't post often.  Those who lurk are scummy by nature, or else hard to read as a playstyle.
There's something called 'timezones', then there's also another thing called 'RL/Busyness' which takes up the time :P

Like...now.
The thread exploded while I was asleep >:I

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 22, 2015, 05:48:47 pm »

pisskop:
Hello.  I just received my pm.  There are 3 ways for me to move on from here:

-Lynch me.
Why would you bring this up when you've only got one vote on you? 

Originally I wasn't going to bring any options up.  Then 1.  Then more.
  The real question is, why wouldn't I bring it up?
Query: Pisskop
The choices you're giving suggest a great deal of...solidity, rather much that I could see stubbornness in the concept.
Dictated by '3 ways for me to move on here', which tells more like you're a machine rather than a flexible minded person.

So to that query:
Hello.  I just received my pm.  There are 3 ways for me to move on from here:

-Lynch me.
  -Convince you to forget what we saw.
  -agree that 4mask towned his role up and down.

I was watching, but didn't start logging everything and want to reread everything before giving out reads.  Flabort especially.  Whether by coincidence or not, I sided with 4mask in the early stages of the game over flabort.  But its worth rereading now that the night has passed.  But lest we forget that vigilante is one of the easiest roles to fakeclaim.
In game terms, this means you're either concerned with the general speculation of you, or...see something which hinders you or your reputation in what recently happened.

I'm curious by the attitude exemplified in your wording.

What do you see, which 'paints' your reputation back there?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 22, 2015, 05:58:47 pm »

That's of course going off the assumption that I am town.  Is that what you think?
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 22, 2015, 06:03:44 pm »

Pisskop, every post you make causes me to want to vote you.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 22, 2015, 06:05:41 pm »

That's of course going off the assumption that I am town.  Is that what you think?
Why are you dodging Tiruin's question by throwing another question back?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 22, 2015, 06:08:56 pm »

I am merely asking why the obvious wasn't included in the post.

You are quick on the draw.  I should go look and see if that's how you are.
PKs DF Mod!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 22, 2015, 06:18:36 pm »

Uh. . .not really?
I was more focused on the wording and the analogy behind the wording than thinking 'oh he must be {alignment}' first.
Like, why the focus on what your predecessor did? Its his thing. :P And in Mafia (or at least B12 Mafia), there's an unspoken rule of respect towards RL busyness (hence the non-posting, however one must always ask to 'poke person {x}' from the mod if they were absent or left no note--literally 99% of people don't lurk and use RL to 'cover up' their lurking, unless its legitimate)

Also...the obvious?
What is that 'obvious'? From where I see DS speaking, I don't see him being jumpy there. :P

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 22, 2015, 06:27:33 pm »

I see Death as lurking and more recently jumping up to try to push a lynch without directing it.  :|
  He isn't hunting, but quite content to try to be amoung the first on a wagon.

As for your question, I replaced into a slot that has already claimed and whose original owner has histories with several of you.  Yes, I was sure there was bias.  Cheetar, Tooney, and a few others have confirmed that.

Looking at my '3 options'. I hope it apparent that they represent a negative, neutral, and positive outcome.  And thus three options were listed in such an order.
PKs DF Mod!

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 22, 2015, 06:39:45 pm »

Looking at my '3 options'. I hope it apparent that they represent a negative, neutral, and positive outcome.  And thus three options were listed in such an order.
Uh huh.  Don't list options like we're supposed to pick one.  -Do- something that would make everyone gravitate toward a specific outcome. 

No one's just going to go "oh well, let's just assume 4maskop is town and carry on".  But what you choose to do may make the other players think that you're town. 

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 22, 2015, 06:46:07 pm »

Uh huh.  Don't list options like we're supposed to pick one.  -Do- something that would make everyone gravitate toward a specific outcome. 

No one's just going to go "oh well, let's just assume 4maskop is town and carry on".  But what you choose to do may make the other players think that you're town. 
He did word it in a suggestive way though, but a...leaning towards 'got my point' way?

Pisskop: Did you think we would infer the same idea from what you were thinking back there?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 22, 2015, 06:58:40 pm »

I figured the response would be mixed.  Not everyone would believe 4mask or trust my style, but yes, I hope you will agree this is my town game.
  I did not expect to encounter a problem about how I worded my attempt to move the game onward.

PKs DF Mod!

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 22, 2015, 07:29:31 pm »

We really are spending what is likely far too much time on this matter...

Does anyone have any compelling arguments for Pisskop's scumminess? From my side, he did keep (wrongly) saying that I'd known he was (supposedly) a reporter before it was revealed, but in that case I think it was just him genuinely missing a bit of information in the previous posts.

He keeps mentioning someone being 'quick on the draw', but the testiness is somewhat understandable for someone coming into a... Rather hostile situation.

I'll say that something feels weird but I can't quite put my finger on it, and I'm not willing to act without solidity. It may just be his odd style of speaking.

Quote from: Jim
Why are so many people so bad this game.

Ugh.

Jim, you wound my soul. T_T

Blargh, I need to try and do some proper hunting.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 22, 2015, 07:36:04 pm »

We really are spending what is likely far too much time on this matter...

Does anyone have any compelling arguments for Pisskop's scumminess? From my side, he did keep (wrongly) saying that I'd known he was (supposedly) a reporter before it was revealed, but in that case I think it was just him genuinely missing a bit of information in the previous posts.
As with all people, he's on my curious side :P
I figured the response would be mixed.  Not everyone would believe 4mask or trust my style, but yes, I hope you will agree this is my town game.
  I did not expect to encounter a problem about how I worded my attempt to move the game onward.

Which is intriguing...
Because the statements are-...they have a subtle note leaning to one side or the other. And to me, this seemed like a nudge of metaknowledge ._.

As from this, I remember one big part taught to me in the BMs of far, far away...
Don't worry about yourself, but think of the team--or at least achieving your wincon (especially how you're treated in the future--its not a case of 'how the other people see me', but more on 'this may be how other people act when seeing similar stimuli')

Anyway.

...Post will be in 10 or so hours due to busyness here! :-X
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 106