Poll

-

-
- 1 (100%)
-
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 67

Author Topic: The Siege of Angazea [OOC Thread][Muh squarebrackets!]  (Read 62154 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Angazea [OOC Thread][Muh squarebrackets!]
« Reply #435 on: February 03, 2015, 02:21:46 pm »

I'm leaving for work soon but I should have time for this. Just need to double check my sheet.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 03, 2015, 02:26:26 pm »

Notice to all: if you wanna shoot something, make a BS roll without being prompted, please.

For example, I'm about to shoot that bastard again, but take aim carefully from a position on one knee. Short distance (+10), Aim (+20). Am I applying modifiers alright?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 03, 2015, 02:29:14 pm »

Notice to all: if you wanna shoot something, make a BS roll without being prompted, please.

For example, I'm about to shoot that bastard again, but take aim carefully from a position on one knee. Short distance (+10), Aim (+20). Am I applying modifiers alright?
Yes, though not short distance - he's about thirty-five meters from you now, if you take a full action to aim, he'll be at medium range before you can shoot. Either way you get +20. Okay, this makes me realize I'll have to give you more accurate ranges in the future. Will do.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 03, 2015, 02:31:41 pm »

Roll made, modifier applied. It's a success.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 03, 2015, 02:37:32 pm »

Actually, you could take a half-aim (+10) and fire at single-shot (+10). Since firing in the same turn means they'll still be in short range (and is the best option since they could round a corner or something), it's +10 more, for a total of +30. +20 for Aim is only when you spend a full turn aiming.

Edit: Patrick, Initiative is a 1d10, not 1d100.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 03, 2015, 02:51:46 pm »

Actually, you could take a half-aim (+10) and fire at single-shot (+10). Since firing in the same turn means they'll still be in short range (and is the best option since they could round a corner or something), it's +10 more, for a total of +30. +20 for Aim is only when you spend a full turn aiming.

Good point. This time I'm lucky I was lucky enough with my decision to take a turn aiming. By the way, does single-shot bonus still applied in that case or does it work for short distances only?

EDIT: According to corebook, single-shot is a basic attack for lasgun and has +10 modifier. So, yeah.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 03:01:26 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 03, 2015, 02:53:43 pm »

Guess it was just us using d100. Ah well I still rolled high using d10.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 03, 2015, 02:56:58 pm »

Good point. This time I'm lucky I was lucky enough with my decision to take a turn aiming. By the way, does single-shot bonus still applied in that case or does it work for short distances only?

It does apply and you get the same +30. The difference is that with half-aim you spend a turn (allowing you to aim and take another shot in the next, or take a Run action to follow them) and with the other method you spend a turn and half for the same results (limiting you to a half-move or any other half-action). I think you can still fix your action and keep the roll, by the way.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 03, 2015, 03:04:00 pm »

Avis says that Tamerian keeps running and does not attack back... But that action consequence you suggested is way more neat and results into the same, so I'll edit my post a bit. Thanks.
Sigs

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 03, 2015, 10:51:35 pm »

Yes, though not short distance - he's about thirty-five meters from you now, if you take a full action to aim, he'll be at medium range before you can shoot. Either way you get +20. Okay, this makes me realize I'll have to give you more accurate ranges in the future. Will do.
Speaking of which...
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 04, 2015, 01:35:57 am »

Approx. 40 meters to the hindmost one, about 60 to the first.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 04, 2015, 02:46:25 am »

23 BS and I didn't bring the sword. I'd just run if it was at all character-appropriate.

Making rolls later today. His training instructor always did say 'Viverde, you useless maggot, you couldn't hit a charging Ogryn at point blank range!' - probably prophetic words.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 04, 2015, 03:08:35 am »

There were actually some rules at shooting at point-blank range, IIRC. Look up the corebook, maybe it'll help.
Sigs

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 04, 2015, 03:54:14 am »

I know, it's like a +30 or more. I'm saying I'm still gonna miss. I'll hit everything but the hulking abhuman coming at me.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 04, 2015, 03:56:59 am »

Just roll. You'll never know until you do.
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 67