Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Horizon of War: D&D 3.5 IC Thread  (Read 3993 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Horizon of War: D&D 3.5 IC Thread
« on: January 14, 2015, 09:53:48 pm »

OOC thread.

Today, war was beginning.

You five have known each other for years, working as mercenaries, and have been tasked with leading a group of conscripts on a strike team to assassinate the current leader on the front lines of the war between Kurian and Saisur. Your scouts have located the leader's headquarters at an abandoned castle in the center of the city of Sumoenia and have advised against a head-on approach due to a heavy guard. The final decision, however, is yours to make.

You sit together around a table in the generals' tent, poring over maps of the city and vague sketches of the castle. You must reach a decision on your plan of attack, rally your troops, and strike.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Horizon of War: D&D 3.5 IC Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 01:01:04 am »

"...and I still haven't gotten a bloody straight answer! How is the blasted castle 'abandoned' if they've set up their headquarters inside it!? Was this report put together by a pack of goat-fucking farmboys with heads full of straw?"
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 01:06:44 am by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 05:45:32 am »

"I'm guessing they meant it was previously vacated before he came in and took over. Makes sense, if you have a castle, in however disrepair, it makes a damn better headquarters than some random house." Kellendra smiles, looming over the table with her ever-present grin, or at least looming as much as on of her stature could.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 09:37:47 am »

"I'd like to know more about the layout of the castle myself. I was enlisted for a war and not espionage. But if we must attack like rogues in the night I'd appreciate a layout of some sort. What of civilians? The castle is IN the city afterall. I don't like this. I don't like this at all." Nymandus sighed heavily as he adjusted his swordbelt. "Even worse is the fact that it's enclosed. No. I truly do not like this."
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 10:24:52 am by Nerjin »
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 02:19:32 pm »

A ghost follows the party's discussion intently.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 03:49:33 pm »

"I would not mind sneaking into the castle, though it would be difficult." Stannis then grins as he pauses "Though his death would likely be loud with blades and magic tearing into his flesh. A wonderful thought, the bastard."
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 04:21:06 pm by Kassire »
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 07:54:30 pm »

"I'm guessing they meant it was previously vacated before he came in and took over. Makes sense, if you have a castle, in however disrepair, it makes a damn better headquarters than some random house." Kellendra smiles, looming over the table with her ever-present grin, or at least looming as much as on of her stature could.
"It's the damned principle. They're in there, we know they're in there, and they've been in there for some time. Sure, maybe it was abandoned, but it bloody well ain't now! All's I can see being relevant from that is the chance that word might have gotten out about where the secret passages end, but a fat lot of good that'll do us if we can't freely question the sheep huddled in that city," Norward utters, slamming a fist onto the map table.

3. Run Resize Enable

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 08:02:34 pm »

A second ghost offers the first a bowl of popcorn.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 08:42:37 pm »

A second ghost offers the first a bowl of popcorn.
The gods warn the ghosts to stop making themselves noticed lest they be exorcised.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 09:13:44 pm »

"Well then, we obviously need more information. Tell the recruits that if force is out of the question, then trickery is needed, and that we need to find any passages into and out of the castle. See if they can come up with ideas on how to aquire this information."
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2015, 11:08:50 pm »

"Well what are our resources? What do we know of theirs?"
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2015, 05:28:32 pm »

"Well what are our resources? What do we know of theirs?"
There is a rough sketch of the castle on the table. It appears to be a typical keep; there is a wall with four guard towers and watchmen with crossbows all along it. There is a keep in the center. There is a south-facing gate. The sketch is labeled with three notes: "likely large amount of soldiers inside"; "heavily guarded supply caravan goes in once a week at noon"; "most keeps have secret doors, may be one here".

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2015, 05:34:02 pm »

"Perhaps we could simply lay siege and starve them out? Or simply attack and raid their caravans with a good amount of troops."
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2015, 06:54:31 pm »

Kellendra grins. "OR, we can take over one of the caravans ourselves and use it as a way to get in. Once we're inside, we can bypass all the troops and simply assassinate our target."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2015, 06:56:33 pm »

"Aye, raiding their caravans is a damned good idea even without the sneaking bits. Cut off their supplies and all, eh?"

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: [1] 2 3 4