Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 508462 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3765 on: November 25, 2020, 10:51:52 am »

I'd also like to point out that they are also part of the Lustria Thunderdome, as an NPC faction of course though the Sisters at the very least can also teleport down there to take part in the free-for-all.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: November 25, 2020, 05:55:54 pm »

Yeah, WE got toned down because when they were initially introduced they would take over everything.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: November 25, 2020, 05:58:59 pm »

Well (the Lustriadome aside) they appear to give no actual fucks about the state of the Warhammer world. My friend and I basically razed the entire Empire, Bretonnia, Estalia, etc....but left the WE alone, and they were content to just sit in their forests while the entire world burned around them. (They were also at war with both of us.)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: November 25, 2020, 07:29:30 pm »

Back when the DLC was new, they were referred to as Green Chaos. It wasn't uncommon to have them confed, eat the entirety of bretonnia and show up in the Empire with 4 full stacks by turn 30-40. That's why their aggression is nerfed into the ground.

I kinda hope we can see a middle ground with this dlc, they're a flavourful faction and I'd like to fight them outside of the same forest maps every time.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: November 25, 2020, 09:40:28 pm »

Under the Steam Autumn sale all the WH1 DLC and most of the WH2 DLC is half off, so might be a decent time to pick up the wood elf DLC. Get a better campaign mechanic for the original DLC and the Drycha faction (if I'm understanding it correctly). $10 is still a tad on the pricey end for DLC, though.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: November 25, 2020, 10:38:14 pm »

It looks like its around $8.50 over at Fanatical.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: November 26, 2020, 10:27:38 am »

The campaign details are up all over YT, plenty of gameplay too. Gotta say, the WE stuff looks fun and involved, the Throt less so. And I don't mean the lab stuff, that looks like buff gambling and promises super fun/broken things if played around with. His Vortex campaign seems kinda shitty tbh, you're stuck in the north and your mission is to take certain settlements in a given number of turns (limit goes up when you take one of the settlements in question), this means you gotta be aggressive and rush things while at the same time being in a very nasty starting position with a bunch of DE around you. Oh and when you do take your first target, the WE area nearby starts sending armies after you.

I guess it's a change of pace from the regular campaign stuff but I'm not a fan of time-limited things like this, too much stress for me.

His ME start looks decent enough tho.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: December 02, 2020, 12:57:37 pm »

Patch notes are out!

Going to do my highlights below, with commentary, but won't highlight anything that we don't already know (like how amber is no longer the horrible mechanic that it was):

What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: December 02, 2020, 01:31:20 pm »

There's also some QoL stuff added, like being able to abandon settlements and set the difficulty of the Chaos invasion.
Sigtext

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: December 02, 2020, 02:38:34 pm »

Chaos invasion on Legendary difficulty is now, for us regular mortals, pretty fuckin cray. 12 armies in the first wave, _30_ armies in the second wave.

I've been watching a shit load of Legend of Total War, watching him save "doomed" battles and campaigns. He mowed down the new Chaos invasion with Clan Moulder no real problems, but I think most would be spooked seeing that shit spawn.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: December 02, 2020, 02:46:03 pm »

Was he cheesing the warpbomb brood horrors? That shit looks both utterly broken and stupidly fun. Just running in stupid fast monsters that can go boom on command and then they can keep on being stupid fast monsters afterwards.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: December 02, 2020, 03:14:16 pm »

Chaos invasion on Legendary difficulty is now, for us regular mortals, pretty fuckin cray. 12 armies in the first wave, _30_ armies in the second wave.

I've been watching a shit load of Legend of Total War, watching him save "doomed" battles and campaigns. He mowed down the new Chaos invasion with Clan Moulder no real problems, but I think most would be spooked seeing that shit spawn.
Archaon was buffed to give +3% weapon and missile strength to all units in this upcoming patch. This will actually have an impact in the Chaos invasion.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: December 02, 2020, 03:28:55 pm »

Patch notes are out!

The company rep on reddit mentioned that there will likely be a Part 2 patch notes tomorrow detailing the more granular unit balance changes, by the by.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: December 02, 2020, 06:58:25 pm »

Was he cheesing the warpbomb brood horrors? That shit looks both utterly broken and stupidly fun. Just running in stupid fast monsters that can go boom on command and then they can keep on being stupid fast monsters afterwards.

He was doing some of that. The other was using a single hero in hiding to blow them up with Plague and other stuff.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: December 03, 2020, 01:06:25 pm »

Here's the part 2 of the patch notes, focused on unit balancing changes. Most of the length is lord (especially foot lord) changes/buffs, while most of the unit changes look relatively minor. Biggest change looks to be a refactoring of zombie pirate gunnery mobs, lowering the model count while fiddling with the stats to make their overall ranged threat the same - just a little more flimsy as a tarpit.

The buffs to chaos units, combined with the new Archaeon faction buffs, will probably make chaos invasion armies a little more tricky to deal with (setting aside LegendofTotalWar cheese, at least).

Surprised to see no new buffs for poor ol' War Wagons.

Oh, also some magic got nerfed. Burning Head and Penumbral Pendulum in particular.
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 277