Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 508423 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3735 on: May 14, 2020, 04:13:01 pm »

I love grimgor so this is all great news for me
Shoes...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: May 24, 2020, 08:20:38 am »

I'm doing a Grimgor greenskin rework run right now.

I just wanted to share that the name of my first WAAAAAAGH army spawned general is called Hack Bootlicka. And that is beautiful.

edit:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 08:46:23 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: May 24, 2020, 11:53:43 am »

Apparently streamers have found out that Grimgor's Immortulz banner is now incredibly OP.

How OP? The unit with that banner cannot lose models while leadership is over 50%. Now imagine that on the Krimson Killaz
WHAT ZE FUK. Holy shit. Well... I guess it's actually really good now.
Yeah. Pairing that with how much Grimgor got buffed (I forget the specifics, but I know his mass is now big enough you need the super big kids like Kholek and Durthu to actually knock him over), the Greenskin Rework (which includes Norsca-style confederation) and the reworked Badlands and dwarf starts (pretty much all the minor dwarfs that had multiple settlements were reduced to having just one) will make Black Crag an amazing start. Truly the one and future git.
Now hold on, they can still lose HP, so you'd likely end up with a unit of 1HP krimzon Killaz who are just waiting for the Ld tipping point before they up and suddenly die.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Love, scriver~

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: June 13, 2020, 10:37:51 pm »

My only gripe is that it shows regular Black Orcs with shields.

I want my impossible-to-kill boys from the tabletop back up dammit.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: June 25, 2020, 02:05:55 pm »

Hey, so, felt like running Norsca, booted them up.

The Marauder Chieftans skill tree has been completely Janked for some reason since the Warden and the Paunch Update,
-All mount options except basic Horse are gone
-Unique God Dedication skills are gone, which is HUGE! One of my favorite things about Norsca was that you could get like +50% Casualty regen, perfect for far-off rampages.

And, weirdest of all (And what cements my hunch that this is a bug)

-One of the blue skills is for Horde Growth. You know. For Hordes. That thing that Norsca doesn’t have.

And strangely, it’s STILL like this, and I’ve only found 2 forum threads about it. CA haven’t even addressed it saying they’re working on it. It’s a shame because I think Norsca is one of the best campaigns without being overly complicated. Anyone got any idea what’s going on?
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: November 19, 2020, 11:04:43 am »

CA said back in the summer that the next lord pack would be the Wood Elves and a Warhammer II faction, and today they released the trailer for that DLC, the Twisted and the Twilight, to release on December 3rd.

The DLC introduces Throt the Unclean of Clan Moulder vs. the Sisters of Twilight, plus the usual new units like Brood Horrors, Zoats, Stag Knights, and two new Legendary Heroes, Goritch and Ariel.

Youtube Trailer
Announcement/FAQ
Steam Page

There's also some FreeLC stuff coming in the form of a Skaven Chieftan Hero (and a Glade Captain for Wood Elves) and a new Wood Elf LL called Drycha, and Wood Elves will get a rework that mostly removes the Amber mechanic, gives them the ability to teleport between forest regions, and gives them a new mechanic based around healing forests.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 01:02:33 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: November 19, 2020, 11:24:29 am »

Well, that sounds neat. Might pick that one up for the wood elf campaign.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: November 19, 2020, 11:57:03 am »

Oh hey neat I've always wanted to play Wood Elves but always Got my butt kicked by the goatmen. Maybe now j might actually be able to win as them.
Love, scriver~

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: November 19, 2020, 02:42:39 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sREwbDrENaU

Khazrak weeps. (I love this dude's TW2 shit posts. The Beastmen ones are especially poignant.)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: November 19, 2020, 03:06:40 pm »

While more variety of skaven is nice, I'm not sure they really needed it? Not like beastmen, at least.

(Although owning neither the wood elf or beastmen DLC, I don't have much stake in this. This one will be an easy pass or wait for sale for me, think.)

The wood elf rework does make me more interested in picking up the wood elf DLC next time it's on sale, at least.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: November 19, 2020, 03:52:00 pm »

Beastmen are really painful to play. Super slow economy, trash T1 and T2 units for the most part. Weak ranged. Bullshit tech tree that costs them money to prevent their research rate from dropping. Can't replenish if you can't go into Hidden (Ambush) Encampment stance. The army lives and dies by upkeep cost reductions or it's not viable, and that requires upgrading your main building in the herd to Level 3, so you can build another building for 15% or so reduction, then to 5 for an upgrade to that building for a 50% upkeep reduction.  For reference, Chaos' main building just gives upkeep reduction.

Even in SP it's a rough start. In MP you'll get roflstomped by pretty much any other faction who can spin up faster.

About the only thing it has going for it is Khazark can essentially get "Freestigor" units because he gets massive upkeep and recruitment cost reductions to Beastigors. But that still requires a T5 building, and the upkeep reduction building to be in place.

I just played a campaign with a friend who was running Chaos, and he was literally at max efficiency (doomstacks of Chosen) by turn 50 while I was barely able to field one competent army. The weakness of initial Beastmen units is the first hurdle they have to overcome as a faction, and it comes with just shit loads of unnecessary costs and complications. (Beast moons basically demand that you take a big penalty for a so-so bonus you don't want or need at the time, and it's non-negotiable. +20 growth for no replenishment for example, or instant replenishment for -20 growth.)

If you're not competing with anyone in coop or vs. and want an extra-hardmode hobo start, then play Beastmen. But you'll feel outclassed by every other faction for dozens and dozens and dozens of turns playing them until you get over all the hurdles they put in the way of the faction.

Ironically they were the first faction I played in TW2, because I love Beastmen. So I had no idea how bad they were until I came back a year later and tried out, like, Skaven, who literally shit out money everywhere and their T2 units (Eshin) can carry them almost all the way through the end game.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 04:40:54 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: November 19, 2020, 03:59:19 pm »

CA's been focusing on doing lord packs for a base game faction from game II and a faction from game 1 for awhile now, so a beastman/wood elf DLC wouldn't really fit that model (Also CA mentioned the next lord pack would be wood elves + base Warhammer II faction last summer).

Its funny how different things are now as I remember a few years ago people declaring that CA hated Skaven and hadn't given them enough content.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: November 19, 2020, 04:43:07 pm »

They overhauled the orcs so they didn't suck. It's just a question if or when they'll do it for Beastmen.

Its funny how different things are now as I remember a few years ago people declaring that CA hated Skaven and hadn't given them enough content.

Eshin is kinda disgustingly good. Cheap fire-while moving skirmishers with armor piercing rounds AND the decent melee combatant trait. I didn't believe my friend when he said armies of night runners and gutter runners can flatten almost anything, but damn me if he wasn't right. About their only nemesis is war machines. I suppose they are a little pricey to start out with but when you aren't replacing them constantly.....
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 04:46:42 pm by nenjin »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: November 19, 2020, 06:50:29 pm »

I mean, Wood Elves I've heard more complaints about than orcs or empire, although both of them probably deserved their overhauls. I imagine dwarves and beastman are on the list to get reworked, if not in game 2, maybe with game 3.

Eshin I don't have their DLC yet so I haven't had the chance to check out. They also were the second Skaven DLC faction and most of the complaints I recall were before either had happened. And now people are complaining about more Skaven.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 277