Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 508885 times)

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #2115 on: May 17, 2017, 07:12:56 am »

I didn't buy Attilla because it just seemed like a repackaged Rome 2, but people are saying that it was apparently great.

Warhammer Total War for me then was kind of faith restored in CA - but Sega and their rushed development, DLC policy and crushing budget will never really make me happy.

Attilla for me was one of the more fun Total War historical games. It felt to 'glue together' a bit better than the other games in the series (I know that sounds a bit abstract) and I played it a lot.

But yeah, Sega is really starting to ruin a whole load of stuff, and it only seems to be getting worse (Dawn of War for instance)
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: May 17, 2017, 03:24:10 pm »

I am just waiting for them to release a game that is finished.

And I don't mean "everything sold as DLC was intended for the original game"

I mean... release a game that clearly completed development and wasn't released early because they could get away with it.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: May 17, 2017, 03:44:32 pm »

Never gonna happen, Neo. They've explicitly said if there was no DLC, it wouldn't be a 'more complete' game, there'd just be less game.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: May 17, 2017, 04:43:58 pm »

Never gonna happen, Neo. They've explicitly said if there was no DLC, it wouldn't be a 'more complete' game, there'd just be less game.

I don't even mean "No DLC" I just mean "Complete game"

For example The Sims 2 had a metric megaton of DLC... but it was released complete and relatively glitch free (The only feature they tried finishing before release was rain)

As opposed to Rome 2 Total War... Which was an incomplete garbage monster on release.

Give me DLC, Drown the game in DLC, make the DLC rain from the heaven. Yet finish the game first.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 06:06:19 pm by Neonivek »

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: May 18, 2017, 04:47:53 am »

Ah, you mean 'release a game as a finished product, not as an alpha/beta that's patched and DLC'd to the complete state'. Yeah, that's my major complaint about how developers and publishers approach games. It popped up about as soon as high speed internet was common enough that they could get away with large downloads. Anymore, I ignore everything released now and check back in a year or so, once they've managed to fix most of the errors.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: May 18, 2017, 05:12:26 am »

Yeah, I'd think they learned their lesson after Rome 2's release nearly shut them down.
Far as I can tell, Attilla and WTW were both released relatively bug-free.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: May 18, 2017, 06:26:02 am »

Rome 2's problem wasn't just its launch. It was a bland and uninspired game overall.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: May 19, 2017, 12:28:12 am »

I guess I'm the only person who liked Rome 2, other than the blatant DLC whoring. ("Pay seven bucks to play a faction with three unique units and one unique faction bonus.") I liked Empire too, although some of the battlefield bugs that were left unfixed are hilarious. Such as two friendly infantry units sharing the same space shooting each other when trying to hit the enemy. Although Warhammer is much less complex than any previous titles, at least the combat actually work. (Tho Skaven should be killing each other like Empire troops.)

Attila came back towards Medieval 1 in having some political complexity regarding governers and whatnot. Hopefully there will be a new historical Total War with such content as well. Although Warhammer has full battles, it suffers from lack of content otherwise. Once you have your perfect army composition down, there is little to do since the campaign part is quite bland.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: May 19, 2017, 01:59:00 am »

Rome 2 was a little bland at start, but still enjoyable - especially since I didn't really have any of the bugs that were troubling others. By Emperor Edition it was a great game. I've got a lot more hours sunk into it than, say, Empire.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: May 26, 2017, 03:01:06 am »

There's been a few more short videos. Do people like dinosaurs?  We've got the Bastiladon, the Stegadon and a video of the leaping spear attack from the Temple Guard video previously.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: May 27, 2017, 04:17:17 pm »

I found rome 2 to be thoroughly disappointing.

Though I heard Attila was a lot better?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: May 27, 2017, 04:24:18 pm »

Yes, Attila is really, really good. Improves on Rome 2 in every single way and makes the game ludicriously hard. Easily the hardest Total War out there. Even the tutorial is hard.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: May 27, 2017, 04:26:06 pm »

Yes, Attila is really, really good. Improves on Rome 2 in every single way and makes the game ludicriously hard. Easily the hardest Total War out there. Even the tutorial is hard.

Ah, good since the only total war that was even remotely challenging was shogun 2.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: May 28, 2017, 04:28:41 am »

Realm Divide in Shogun 2 is bullshit, though. Especially with even your vassals turning against you. But then, diplomacy has always been diarhea in Total War. It is a shame, since the grand campaigns would be much better with passable diplomacy AI.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 277