Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 508794 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #2040 on: April 16, 2017, 12:57:05 pm »

So I've been playing a Beastman campaign with the Steel Faith overhaul.

I'm not particularly sure what the Steel Faith overhaul does other than it changes basically everything but this campaign has certainly been enjoyable.

I think the Beastmen playstyle just resonates with me. I like rushing and blitz attacks. While I don't really like them from an appearance standpoint, I do like the way they fight. Just swarm the enemy with a gigantic horde of units as fast as possible.

Also unlike Chaos, Morghur starts in an amazing location on the map. Nordland is fucking fun. I don't have to go autoresolve a hundred battles of horse archers and chariots before I can have fun slaughtering humans. I also get the great WAAGH thing like the Greenskins do, which is what I used to raze Altdorf.

I also had no idea Morghur is as big as a Chaos Spawn. Well, I guess technically he is a Chaos Spawn so it makes sense.

---

So I would currently recommend Steel Faith. It seems quite fun. Battles are certainly a little bit longer. Not too long, but maybe... 20% longer.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: April 16, 2017, 01:06:25 pm »

So I would currently recommend Steel Faith. It seems quite fun. Battles are certainly a little bit longer. Not too long, but maybe... 20% longer.

Looks really interesting thanks.

One thing that worries me from the description is more hordes - I really dislike having to trudge around after the one or two hordes that spring up in the middle of my territory. They're never big enough to be an actual threat, they're just annoying mostly and I don't really want more. Don't know if you've experienced that?
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: April 16, 2017, 04:55:56 pm »

Looks really interesting thanks.

One thing that worries me from the description is more hordes - I really dislike having to trudge around after the one or two hordes that spring up in the middle of my territory. They're never big enough to be an actual threat, they're just annoying mostly and I don't really want more. Don't know if you've experienced that?
They seem about the same to me.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: April 16, 2017, 09:56:43 pm »

So should we make a new thread for the second game or just put all that stuff in this one considering that they're basically the same.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: April 16, 2017, 11:46:33 pm »

Will the total war warhammer 2 map be connected to the main one like a giant expansion, or completely separate?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: April 17, 2017, 12:04:00 am »

Warhammer 2 will have a new campaign map covering Lustria, Naggaroth, Ulthuan and the Southlands. A few weeks after release another campaign map combining the Warhammer grand campaign and Warhammer 2 campaign map will be released for free.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: April 17, 2017, 01:04:58 am »

So should we make a new thread for the second game or just put all that stuff in this one considering that they're basically the same.
I think we should just keep it in one since they're basically the same game x3. While CA, SEGA, and GW would want us to think they're three different games, pretty sure we all agree it's one game + 2 expansion packs.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: April 17, 2017, 02:56:10 am »

I agree that they probably should be kept in the same topic. They'll be closely tied with each other anyway so conversation will flip back and forth between them often most likely.

I do think it's better that they're making Warhammer 2: Total War a sequel rather than releasing it as an expansion. Of course we want a lot of content for a lower price but if focusing on Warhammer 2 as a sequel means they can put more budget towards making a game just as big as the first one than I'm fine with it. As it stands Warhammer 2 seems to be having everything the first one had plus more; 4 new factions with 2 lords each with different starting positions, new campaign map with overarching plot of the Vortex, less regional occupation and possibly new magic mechanics.

A sequel would also make it easier to implement later DLC. You wouldn't need to own both Warhammer 1 and 2 to make use of DLC for Warhammer 2 but if you already own Warhammer 1 your DLC already works with the sequel if applicable, like the Blood DLC.

Stand alone expansion or sequel. There's really not that much of a difference between the two except pricing expectations and I don't think the price could be expected to be lower than Warhammer 1 if the sequel is to have as much content as the first.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: April 17, 2017, 04:54:46 am »

So, uh, what's the odds they try and flog us a second blood pack?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: April 17, 2017, 05:43:32 am »

So, uh, what's the odds they try and flog us a second blood pack?

The odds are pretty good that if you already own the blood pack it'll work with the sequel. Shogun 2 and Fall of the Samurai had 2 blood packs but if you already owned the one for Shogun 2 you didn't need to buy it for Fall of the Samurai. There's a message mentioning this on the Steam page for the FotS blood DLC.

There was 2 for Rome 2 and Attila but they were considered much more seperate games than Shogun 2 and FotS.

Like, if you own Beastmen for Warhammer 1, I really doubt you'll have to buy it again for Warhammer 2. I believe Creative Assembly have said in an interview that all DLC for Warhammer 1 will carry over to the sequel.

Edit: If I had to make a guess on how it'll work. I think Creative Assembly will release another blood pack for Warhammer 2, just so all the DLC available for the sequel is visible in the one place on Steam. However, if you already own the blood pack for Warhammer 1 you won't need to buy it again.
Conjecture then; maybe they'll do a re-release of DLC for Warhammer 2. Beastmen with extra units that are added for free for people who already own it but released for Warhammer 2 for new customers buying the sequel.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 05:57:24 am by Mech#4 »

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: April 17, 2017, 06:16:50 am »

Conjecture then; maybe they'll do a re-release of DLC for Warhammer 2. Beastmen with extra units that are added for free for people who already own it but released for Warhammer 2 for new customers buying the sequel.

This would actually be a nice touch - the DLC were/are pretty highly priced so making them relevant to the expansion/sequel would make them feel more worthwhile.

I'd agree to keep it all in one thread, there's no point in deviating when its the same base game. It's also not like this thread is so flooded with conversation that it's difficult to keep track of.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: April 17, 2017, 03:35:16 pm »

Any ideas for a thread rename to celebrate Total Warhammer 2, then? The punnier, the better. I'd, uh, kinda forgotten this was my thread, but there we go.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: April 17, 2017, 03:48:12 pm »

Any ideas for a thread rename to celebrate Total Warhammer 2, then? The punnier, the better. I'd, uh, kinda forgotten this was my thread, but there we go.
"Total Warhammer: Ratmen Conspiracy Theorists"?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: April 17, 2017, 05:13:04 pm »

Total War: Warhammer 3! Coming 2018!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: April 17, 2017, 07:26:45 pm »

Geckos, mice and fairies edition
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 11:26:07 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 277