Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 508848 times)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1665 on: December 17, 2016, 01:04:28 pm »

Recently got a new GPU and tried the game at extreme levels. The results were...disappointing to say the least. Even though AA is at max and even Unlimited Memory is on, the graphics don't look sharp. It seems there is always a weird looking layer over the units, and the battle and campaign maps are always foggy.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=820101822

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=820101260

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=820101357

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=820101571

Anyone has similar problems?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 01:06:06 pm by thvaz »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: December 17, 2016, 01:15:35 pm »

Anyone mind posting a strategy for the minicampaign? Even with the CA tips, I still stuck hard with the elves. Simply cannot survive against the wave that appears when you get a second level Oak, and pretty much any battle I get into with an equal force ends with either a loss or a phyrric victory.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: December 17, 2016, 01:26:24 pm »

Is there something in game that warns you that growing the tree is dangerous? I upgraded mine as soon as possible the first time I played not realising what would happen. I don't mind unexpectedly impossible to handle difficulty spikes in roguelike games but I have much less patience for them in the strategy genre. But I could have just been incompetent and missed something, that's always a possibility with me :P

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: December 17, 2016, 03:07:51 pm »

Well, I think I figured it out. Just wait until you got a really strong army (I did this with the main WE faction, by the way), farm experience by raiding your own lands and killing the rebels that spawn, upgrade the oak and when the waves come just... camp in it. Morghur and buddies will ignore everything and head straight for the tree.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: December 20, 2016, 06:43:20 am »

I recently finished a full victory Eisenhammer playthrough on hard with simply hitchhiking on the woodelf murdertrain. Holy Forefathers, they were unstoppable. I didn't dare to break the default alliance with them when they started one of their frequent hippie crusades, afraid that doing so would shift their focus on myself. They first destroyed Bretonia and friends, ate the Empire, buried the Vampires all while the eastern dwarves were still finishing off the greenskins and finally stomped chaos. For some reason they ignored the southern human kingdoms and I could trade with them in peace. When Archaon came I didn't even bother to help out with my main army and went to loot the Norse settlements instead.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 06:55:49 am by Moddan »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: December 20, 2016, 11:26:10 am »

It's so strange though because when I play as them their autoresolve stats are godawful.
I mean, on the map they've been buffhammered from 'adequate' to 'downright OP', but I tend to shed elves so quickly when I'm autoing.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: December 20, 2016, 10:12:50 pm »

They seriously made a unit of a corpse on a chariot?
Not even animated... just a skeleton flopping around.

9th day of Festag: Win a mini greenhouse and some seeds.
It gives you a personal link (I assume for more tickets). You might as well post yours what with you being our Honored Newsharer.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 10:15:08 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: December 20, 2016, 11:03:51 pm »

Yeah, the grail reliquae is an odd unit. Fanatical peasants follow grail knights around, picking up anything the knight discards. If the grail knight dies they pick up the corpse and carry it around like a portable shrine to the lady. In the screenshot you'll note some of the soldiers have broken swords, the one behind and to the right of the paladin has a sword with a crude plate bolting two halves together. I imagine the unit will be like empire flagellants but with a slightly better charge due to them puppeting the dead knight along.

On the competition; I suppse, I have no interest in winning a plant. It might be some left over stuff from before the Wood Elves were released.
http://woobox.com/dd5pkv

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: December 21, 2016, 03:45:58 am »

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: December 22, 2016, 08:11:59 pm »

I know. The first time I saw the page I was all "Er, what?"

10 Day of Festag: Win a High King Edition of Warhammer: Total War. Including all the DLC so far.

11th Day of Festag: A nice portrait of the Fay Enchantress for Bretonnia. A spellcaster character who, from what I'm reading, has unique spells as well as a potion item that has different effects.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: December 23, 2016, 05:56:32 pm »

Yeah, the grail reliquae is an odd unit. Fanatical peasants follow grail knights around, picking up anything the knight discards. If the grail knight dies they pick up the corpse and carry it around like a portable shrine to the lady. In the screenshot you'll note some of the soldiers have broken swords, the one behind and to the right of the paladin has a sword with a crude plate bolting two halves together. I imagine the unit will be like empire flagellants but with a slightly better charge due to them puppeting the dead knight along.

On the competition; I suppse, I have no interest in winning a plant. It might be some left over stuff from before the Wood Elves were released.

Just to note, the knight isn't always dead when they decide to strap him in.  :P

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: December 23, 2016, 06:03:54 pm »

Just to note, the knight isn't always dead when they decide to strap him in.  :P
Nah, the knight is always dead. It's just that sometimes the peasants get a bit impatient and hasten the process.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: December 23, 2016, 08:11:58 pm »

12th Day of Festag: A screenshot of King Louen Leoncoeur and a short animation video.   I'm assuming the model has been updated but I haven't played enough with Bretonnia to pick out any differences.

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 277