Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 508833 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1635 on: December 07, 2016, 01:20:55 pm »

GRAB THE BOOK, LADS.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: December 07, 2016, 01:34:54 pm »

There's a video out showcasing the FLC this time, including the two wizards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOlAKqmy0Jc

I must say.... they REALLY went a lot out into the spells this time. You know how almost every single damage spell in the game just has a fancy mist coming out showing it's working?

Both these guys defy that by actually having shit happen. The Lore of Life for example actually conjures a tree when using that tree spell, and more trees when using that other tree spell.

It's pretty cool.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: December 07, 2016, 04:22:05 pm »

There's a video out showcasing the FLC this time, including the two wizards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOlAKqmy0Jc

I must say.... they REALLY went a lot out into the spells this time. You know how almost every single damage spell in the game just has a fancy mist coming out showing it's working?

Both these guys defy that by actually having shit happen. The Lore of Life for example actually conjures a tree when using that tree spell, and more trees when using that other tree spell.

It's pretty cool.
You forgot the most important part: Pit of Shades is a STATIC vortex. As in, one that does not move. Meaning it is automatically the best vortex.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: December 07, 2016, 08:59:11 pm »

The effects do indeed look nice, it helps a lot with identifying what's being cast. I do get confused about what exactly is happening when my army gets covered in glowing white orbs.

Also: Though people may know this already, I felt it was worth mentioning as I hadn't caught it at the time.
"In February 2017 we will be releasing a new edition of Total War: WARHAMMER with selected high street retailers. The big news is that it comes with a new playable race – Bretonnia. Why should you care if you already own Total War: WARHAMMER? Because you can download the Bretonnia Race Pack for free then too!

A contrast of lowly peasant masses and proud knightly orders, the feudal kingdom of Bretonnia features a host of powerful units and is lead into battle by a choice of three playable Legendary Lords; King Louen Leoncoeur, Alberic of Bordeleaux and the Fay Enchantress. More details about this iconic Warhammer Fantasy Battles Race will be revealed in the new year."

So Bretonnia will be coming with three Legendary Lords; Louen, Alberic and the Fay Enchantress.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: December 08, 2016, 10:59:30 am »

Since the DLC is due to release very soon, is anyone interested in a co-op campaign? Preferably the minicampaign since it is faster?
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: December 08, 2016, 11:00:58 am »

You know what i want? A fantasy version of Doomrider. Like, He'd have a horse, and no guns, but other than that he'd be the same.

I DO COCCAAAAAAIINNEE
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: December 08, 2016, 11:14:10 am »

The DLC is out. Don't forget to claim the two wizards.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: December 08, 2016, 11:29:46 am »

And don't forget to update your video drivers! There was a PSA from Creative Assembly on reddit that if your drivers are out of date you may get graphical errors.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: December 08, 2016, 01:54:47 pm »

The Red Duke is actually something like Boris Todbringer, in that he's unlocked after you beat the Wood Elves' mini-campaign.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: December 08, 2016, 02:04:32 pm »

I was going to sleep but that is so off the table now
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: December 08, 2016, 02:06:29 pm »

First impressions: Wood Elves are hard to play. Like, wow.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: December 08, 2016, 02:09:43 pm »

Is it easier or harder if you purge your neighbour-elves?

I'm currently about to co-op Elves/Spirits with a friend, and I'm wondering if it's an incredibly bad idea.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: December 08, 2016, 03:19:58 pm »

They are hard because they need incredible micro. Everything except the trees and monsters is incredibly low defenses. Lore of life helps, but still.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: December 08, 2016, 03:43:14 pm »

So I tried out the new wizards, I must say... they're pretty frigging amazing.

The Lore of Life guy can do plenty of damage just as much as he heals, and the Shadows guy makes everyone move around at hyper speed. Also that guy's damage spells are absurd.

I think if I had to pick between the two I'd go for the Lore of Life, simply because if you just have him as your only wizard, you can spam your spells and have his passive constantly heal everyone on the map. The only problem with him is that his damage spells have pretty small AOEs but I think that can either be good or bad depending on your circumstance.

The hyper speed movement from Shadows is pretty amazing too though. And that pendulum spell is bonkers. He's kinda all about slowing and speeding up people so it's kinda fun to play with as you can really fuck with enemy cavalry.

----

I would imagine Life would be pretty lackluster for Wood Elfs.

This is because WE have almost no armour for their units, making their HP just their HP basically. However, for Empire, they have armour on top of HP, making the heals significantly more efficient. I would imagine for WE you'd rather kill your enemies faster as your units don't live long enough in melee to be healed in the first place. Unless they were the trees. Do trees have armour?

I'd be very frigging amused if Chaos had this. Can you imagine how hilariously OP it would be? Trying to take down Chosen only for them to heal up.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: December 08, 2016, 04:32:12 pm »

I'd be very frigging amused if Chaos had this. Can you imagine how hilariously OP it would be? Trying to take down Chosen only for them to heal up.
Chaos is supposed to have Shadows (though no Life). Unfortunately, they only added the Lore of Shadows to the VCs. Beastmen also didn't get Shadows, despite having them in the TT.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 277