Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 507472 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1066 on: June 29, 2016, 10:04:53 am »

Mork is now Morkier
Goblins are now more ticklish
Gork is now appreciably Gorkier

Best patch. About time.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 10:12:46 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: June 29, 2016, 10:08:02 am »

I see they're trying to reduce the AI hero swarm.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: June 29, 2016, 10:13:41 am »

Didn't they just make AI heroes level slower and suck more on easier difficulties?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: June 29, 2016, 12:01:46 pm »

Didn't they just make AI heroes level slower and suck more on easier difficulties?
AI-controlled Heroes now receive half the amount of XP that the player would following an action.

Reduced AI-controlled Hero success chance on Easy and Normal difficulties.

Rebalanced traits and followers that could affect Hero action success chance.

Hero actions that damage the entire target army cause significantly less damage.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: June 29, 2016, 12:16:02 pm »

Well, sounds good to me. Even though I was only playing on hard ai agents were somewhat annoying, one level 30 goblin big boss in particular was totally immune to my own assassins (even my level 18 banshe had a 0% chance) and chain killed the leader of one my army, pretty much once every two turns like clockwork.

Also I'm rock hard for blood knights, even though I already did a vampire campaign I'm pretty sure I'm going to replay one just for them, and probably play some multiplayer games with them as well. Hopefully they are more op then grail knights (no idea of the patch for grail knights is a nerf or a buff lol. But they've seemed strong in my limited use of them in multiplayer.)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: June 29, 2016, 12:30:48 pm »

To add to that, the Warriors of Chaos were buffed pretty much everywhere except the forsaken, who got hit with a nerf pretty hard.

Also pretty hyped for the blood knights. The ones from the mod in the workshop are horribly balanced (too strong) and broken (if they are the last unit in the army alive the AI will outright ignore them, making it impossible to lose).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: June 29, 2016, 12:33:09 pm »

Heroes make playing as Chaos impossible. You get swarmed by them since you're at war with everyone and they just gangbang you into submission. They're just annoying for the other races.

I'm somewhat amused that Chaos got a buff. Though I guess yeah, most of their non-chosen units were pretty meh. I'm also amused that Chosen of all things got a buff. Those guys are nuts as it is.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: June 29, 2016, 12:38:03 pm »

Heroes make playing as Chaos impossible. You get swarmed by them since you're at war with everyone and they just gangbang you into submission. They're just annoying for the other races.

I'm somewhat amused that Chaos got a buff. Though I guess yeah, most of their non-chosen units were pretty meh. I'm also amused that Chosen of all things got a buff. Those guys are nuts as it is.
Chosen buff was probably the smallest of the lot, being just +Armor.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: June 29, 2016, 12:42:09 pm »

According to their PR team, the mysterious unknown first DLC thing hasn't been figured out yet and it's not related to the patch or the Blood Knights.

This thing: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/4q9m58/teaser_for_upcoming_warhammer_dlc/

But it's probably Krell.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: June 29, 2016, 01:03:09 pm »

Found a picture of the blood knights. They look awesome.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: June 29, 2016, 01:06:33 pm »

IMO chosen were previously just more expensive warriors with a Ld buff. The armor increase was a good move.

Also argh why Krell. I'd expect dragonslayers, considering how few lords and heroes the dwarves have.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: June 29, 2016, 01:38:39 pm »

IMO chosen were previously just more expensive warriors with a Ld buff. The armor increase was a good move.

Also argh why Krell. I'd expect dragonslayers, considering how few lords and heroes the dwarves have.
Because Krell is awesome and Kemmler by himself is just not the same.

Some people are speculating it is the beastmen instead.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: June 29, 2016, 01:42:10 pm »

Chosen:

---------------

Chaos Warriors:

------------

=|

Hell... the leadership buff is actually the smallest relative buff compared to everything else there. How did you even come to that conclusion?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: June 29, 2016, 01:46:02 pm »

No idea... Maybe relative to unit size?
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 277