Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 507398 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #975 on: June 07, 2016, 11:50:21 pm »

I've seen an enemy chaos sorcerer die to a miscast (I think).
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: June 08, 2016, 12:10:41 am »

On miscasting, I've had enemy mages kill themselves due to miscasting, was quite funny when Mannfred did so causing his whole army to disintegrate.
I don't think that can happen. As far as I've seen miscasting takes away 50% of your current HP. I've miscasted on a 25% hp mage before and it brought me down to half of that. So you can miscast if you're almost dead but you'd die to something else.

By the way, I'm sure you've heard the awesome "NORSCA" that the warriors of Chaos will shout out together. It's so damn good.

Perhaps they were dying to an attack at 1 hp. Still, it's a welcome victory in some hard pressed battles.

I have heard the army shouts. Happens when you select a large number of troops at once, sounds like they're shouting "Zor" or something. You can hear the troops shouting things like "Blood for the Blood God" as well though if I could I would have it louder, maybe they could take a slice of the ham from Dawn of War.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: June 08, 2016, 02:44:26 am »

If you click on their settlements they shout 'Skulls for the Skull Throne' after a few.
It doesn't have the timbre I'd prefer for like a message tone but still, novel.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: June 08, 2016, 02:49:31 am »

You guys have never heard the hordes shout...

"NORSCA!!!!"

or

"Blood for the BLOOD GOD skulls for the SKULL THRONE!!!!"

or

"NURGLE'S PESTILANT GLORY!"

or any of the many lines the hordes shout while they smash their enemies into oblivion? They're the most vocal army in the game.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: June 08, 2016, 03:07:22 am »

"WAR OF VENGEANCE"

"KILL THE WAZZAKS"

"COVER YOUR AZES IN GROBI BLOOD"

"KHAZUKAN KHAZAKIT HA"

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: June 08, 2016, 03:37:14 am »

You guys have never heard the hordes shout...

"NORSCA!!!!"

or

"Blood for the BLOOD GOD skulls for the SKULL THRONE!!!!"

or

"NURGLE'S PESTILANT GLORY!"

or any of the many lines the hordes shout while they smash their enemies into oblivion? They're the most vocal army in the game.

Oh I have, and it's very neat. I would like it to be louder and clearer though. Side affect from having multiple people saying the same thing at the same time I would guess.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: June 08, 2016, 03:58:28 am »

A thing I forgot to test/ask, does the HP of a unit drop with smaller unit sizes? Does that affect monsters?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: June 08, 2016, 03:59:32 am »

A thing I forgot to test/ask, does the HP of a unit drop with smaller unit sizes? Does that affect monsters?
Single unit things have their HP changed with unit sizes. With the others, only the number of units change.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: June 08, 2016, 02:59:05 pm »

Regeneration Units in general are pretty crazy.

You can win most low-tier Vamp fights earlygame with just mannfred and the Vargulf on their own. Trolls at least get stuck if you sourrund them. Stuff like Vargulf and Terrorgeists will just casually plow through your line and go regen somewhere.

Unit hitboxes in general are incredibly f*cked up. Flying units will literally ignore your orders to disengage, if even one of them is still stuck somwhere. I've had a Unit of 12 Vargeists almost wipe after one of them charged almsot twice the distance than the others into a meele, and then couldnt get out. The other 11 just kept circling above the fight, getting shot at by ranged units, until the one guy finally died.
The flying unit thing is intentional.

In one of their making of videos they talked about how they made it so flying units get easily bogged down in a fight so they can't just skirmish you endlessly and have to choose to commit to fights for at least a little while.

It's not that they're ignoring your orders, it's just that they can't take off until they're clear of units. So if you keep ordering them to run they'll ignore their enemies and continue to take damage while they find a way out of their predicament.

There seem to be several tiers of massive units. You have regular guys who get bogged down easily. These are guys the size of the average human. Then you have slightly larger monsters like cavalry and Vargheists and Trolls who also seem to get stuck in fights and can't escape without some issues. Then you have massive monsters like Giants and Araknaroks and Vargulfs who can faff around the battlefield like it ain't no thang.

---------------

I think it's also why the Terrorgheist is so much more survivable. It can claw its way out of being surrounded and then take off. Vargheists do way more damage but if they get surrounded they're basically dead.

That's not my issue. Again, I'm talking about the case where most of the squad is allready in the air, but 1 or 2 are still stuck in melee. A lot of Flying units charge a very random distance, so there are a lot of cases where you paid special attention to leave them a lot of room to escape, but one or two dudes charge all the way trough the line and end up cut off from easy escape.

That, by itself, would be fine. But the ENTIRE squad will REFUSE to move away from combat because of that one guy. What I want is that the rest just leaves the stuck ins to die and actually take orders. Flying units should not have an easy time disengaging, I totally agree. But they should not literally kill themselves because of one or two guys from a 12 (Vargeists) or 60 (Bats) man squad.

It's also just weird because it's those two specifically having the issues. Other fliers behave just fine. Never had an issue pulling Gyrocopters out of such situations.

In all fairness you wouldn't want them to be capable of being bogged down... THAT and they are giant super people, what is going to stop them?

The thing is, it's only on the retreat they seem to get magic ghost powers. In a regular melee they totally get stuck. Try pulling Archaon out of 1-2 squads swarming him. Can be incredibly hard.

I'm not gonna judge if that's good or bad. But it should be consistent.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: June 08, 2016, 05:52:47 pm »

Can't say that's happened to me, not sure about you guys.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: June 08, 2016, 05:58:48 pm »

For what it's worth, I've definitely seen it happen a few times on video. Those flying varg-whatsits just kinda' dicking around 'cause one+ of their numbers got surrounded and couldn't get free is probably the way you're most likely to see it, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: June 08, 2016, 07:22:12 pm »

I always managed to get vargheists and bats out of melees by just insisting on the orders to disengage. Every time you see the crossed-swords icon of melee engagement, give the move order again.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: June 08, 2016, 09:24:49 pm »

Personally on the tabletop if one or two of your guys are in battle, that's a unit commitment.

However, not sure if it's what you're after but the withdraw button can help with that "we must continue to fight forever" issue.

Of course then you have to keep an eye on them so they don't leave the map.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 09:26:48 pm by Tack »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: June 08, 2016, 10:21:41 pm »

I've had that issue with skirmisher cavalry like Marauder Horsemen. It was in previous Total War games as well where if one guy in a squad got hit by an enemy unit, the whole unit would wheel around and engage. On the one hand it's annoying but on the other the trailing end of a squad is sometimes all I can catch of skirmishers so I' glad for it.

I did read a comment from a developer that cavalry had been made with cycle charging in mind, so disengaging them you'd want to be easy-ish.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: June 09, 2016, 08:52:12 am »

It's what he does

Felt this needed to be here. Mostly because if arguments here are going to migrate to other threads, they need to be dealt with here.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 08:57:34 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 277