Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 507319 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer!
« Reply #585 on: May 05, 2016, 05:31:28 pm »

Someone managed to get GW to not do something stupid....?

What a time to be alive. We truly live in an age of enlightenment.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes catoblepi for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 05, 2016, 10:58:33 pm »

Wow, that's a surprising 180. Combined with the moderate change on position in regards to the Chaos DLC, and CA is acting rather surprisingly out of character recently-in a good way. Hopefully this will result in some of the more peripheral factions getting fleshed out by modders in ways that CA themselves do not seem willing to commit too, like Tilea and Kislev. Though I still suspect that they'll be putting the hammer down on any modding content for factions they plan to introduce later as DLC/expansions, such as Elves.

Though part of me worries that CA doesn't have much confidence in the game if they are scrambling to sweeten the pot when it's not even a month away from release like this.

Fingers crossed.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 06, 2016, 12:23:08 am »

I ended up pre-ordering warhammer total war. It looks really epic, and even the total wars I didn't like as much (rome 2 and empire total war), I got a lot of play time out of. Even rome 2, I got over 200 hours, so I got my money worth lol.

And warhammer total war looks epic, always wanted a fantasy total war that wasn't based off lord of the rings (nothing against that, LOTR mods are epic, but there wasn't any other massive fantasy mods like that). And with mod support, thats pretty awesome.

I know I've complained about how much DLC there will be, but oh well. Even if there is (or not). I play attila with barely any DLC, and its still tons of fun lol.

(edit: and to add...

Also. I can already tell warhammer is gonna be a ton of fun. I love fantasy, I love strategy games, even crappy fantasy strategy games (like warlock master of the arcane) I have a TON of fun with. And I love total war (for most part, rome 2 was meh, but attila is awesome). Love warhammer. Plus, I'm not really hyped up that much about it, kinda excited...but not like Spore and Fallout 4 pre-release. So not much room for me to be disappointed :P
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 02:27:08 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 10, 2016, 06:04:02 pm »

Blood for the blood god? I hope you like to run on deficit
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 10, 2016, 09:21:05 pm »

Blood for the blood god? I hope you like to run on deficit
You know I can't for the life of me imagine a Chaos lord being a Chaos accountant.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 10, 2016, 10:20:20 pm »

The hardest part will be to decide what to play first lol.

Empire looks like a lot of fun, and plays how I usually play strategy games (diplomatic/espionage etc focused), and their lore is cool.

Greenskins cause they have always been one of my favorites in warhammer (fantasy and 40k).

Vampires cause undead

dwarves, since siege seems really powerful in this game. A dwarven siege army would lay so much hurt. And I like a very defensive game, which dwarves are usually good for that.

only ones I know I won't play as (at least for a long while) is Chaos. Not big into aggressive campaigns, and I like to make lots and lots of money, and be peaceful as possible with everyone :P Which Chaos is the exact opposite of how I play strategy games.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 11, 2016, 12:21:43 pm »

What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 12, 2016, 12:41:51 pm »

This episode of Yogscast has a very hilarious special on Total War Warhammer where everyone is indirectly controlling units without being able to see them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yenXG5sfq14

I wish we could actually play like that.

------------

Here's the Chaos vs Dwarf battle we saw before, except this time from the Dwarf side: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAMKJzUAX_M

It's glorious.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 13, 2016, 11:19:43 am »

There's been a number of 2 hour long streams on Twitch done by Creative Assembly covering the beginning turns of each of the four major races so far. Each stream has about 3 battles played with the rest being auto resolved.

Also a bit more information on the mod support; Games Workshop has allowed modding support of Warhammer: Total War as long as mods that feature settings or franchises other than Warhammer Fantasy Battles are not made. This would mean no Warhammer 40,000 or Age of Sigmar mods, but also no Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones and so on. The guidelines can be read at the linked wiki page.

While I'm sure people will be quick to point out the futility of this in totality, overall I think it is a rather reasonable request. Creative Assembly has said they will be closely monitoring the Steam workshop for anything that doesn't comply with the guidelines for Warhammer: Total War mods. I also believe that the forum moderators for TWCenter has agreed to remove mods that don't follow the guidelines on their site as well. I would hope that YouTubers would work with this as well and not highlight mods that don't follow the guidelines. They may end up existing, but if they're visual presence is kept minimal, maybe Games Workshop won't worry too much.

Mods for these settings can still be made for Attila and Rome 2: Total War. Indeed, a mod for Lord of the Rings is in the works for Attila: Total War.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 13, 2016, 11:45:03 am »

Seriously this is kind of where I kind of go "Come on Copyright system!"

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 13, 2016, 11:48:30 am »

But that just means that those mods would be made without the support of the devs.  Which isnt all that uncommon.

And if they are supporting mods that are following the guidelines, most of the support those that dont follow those guidelines will have what they need?

so . . .  Dont cross the yellow line.  Or something.
  I mean lol thats just them saying not to do it and waggling a finger at you.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 13, 2016, 12:22:58 pm »

Put your wizard hat on. This is actually a nice video since it explains how magic works.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 13, 2016, 12:32:00 pm »

@pisskop: Well, the general feeling is that if mods are made that doesn't fit the guidelines, Games Workshop will rescind their agreement for modding support with Warhammer: Total War. Mod tools won't get updated and so on.

The party to look at here isn't Creative Assembly, who are pretty happy with allowing mod support for their games, but Games Workshop who has quite the reputation for coming down on fan made works and being protective of their I.Ps. I get the feeling that the guidelines for mods is so they don't get in legal issues with, say, the Middle-earth Enterprises, or step on the sales toes of companies making games based on Games Workshop's other I.Ps such as Warhammer 40,000.

It's still kind of unsure what exactly will be allowed with regards to mods for Warhammer Fantasy themed ones. The examples given so far are Legendary Lord starting positions and Regional Occupation removal mods but whether people will be able to make mods to, say, expand the roster of Kislev or the Border Princes probably won't be known until such a mod pops up and the situation has to be sorted out. A battlefield editor will be available, so people can make their own battle maps and maybe even modify the siege maps for more variety.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 13, 2016, 05:39:40 pm »

I'm guessing GWS is concerned about 3 areas of modding in order of importance:

1. Trademark Infringement.
2. Copyright Infringement.
3. Sexual Content.

For how much GWS cares about infringement against its own properties, I'm pretty sure they're terrified modders will lead the game into a turf battle with other litigious IP holders. And they probably don't want GWS properties associated with TES and FO level of titays.

GWS hasn't really come down on modding before in its other games like DoW, but, I'm guessing there is significantly more at stake here than there have been with many (most) other GWS-licensed titles. After all, in their mind Total Warhammer is still a chance to bring new people in the Age of Sigmar.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 05:43:51 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 13, 2016, 05:42:24 pm »

you mean a game with canonically sex hungry sadists who birthed a literal god of hedonism would be a target for sexual content?  :\
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 277