Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 508623 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1830 on: February 28, 2017, 09:03:24 pm »

By the way, I tried a mod that increases unit sizes and hp pools for heroes and stuff accordingly.

I thought it would crush my computer as when I get four armies running around in a 2v2 battle, my fps collapses.

However, it turns out just increasing unit counts doesn't actually hurt fps all that much. Pretty strange that.

The effect is fantastic though. Basically every single battle is now 50% bigger.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: March 01, 2017, 02:23:49 am »

It seems unlikely that there will be naval combat, ever. The reason is licensing. Warhammer has a separate naval combat game and another company is making a game based on that. Considering the retarded way the Evil Empire handles their IP, this might well mean that TW:WH will never have naval combat beyond autoresolving.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: March 01, 2017, 09:45:31 am »

Playing as Dwarves (so much fun) but a weird thing keeps happening, when I auto-resolve it pretty much always gives me a 'close victory' even if I've won overwhelmingly and lost only 50 guys (or around that, once it was definitely 50) out of a full stack. Whilst I know it's not a big deal, as a win is a win is a win, it's still very odd - anyone else getting it?
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: March 01, 2017, 10:01:00 am »

It seems unlikely that there will be naval combat, ever. The reason is licensing. Warhammer has a separate naval combat game and another company is making a game based on that. Considering the retarded way the Evil Empire handles their IP, this might well mean that TW:WH will never have naval combat beyond autoresolving.
That... seems irrelevant. GW really doesn't care if two developers get to clash over their IP - they're still getting money from the IP.

Ulthuan, Naggaroth and Lustria will be completely unplayable without some dedicated ship-stuff. I'd say combat will come in then.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: March 01, 2017, 10:01:49 am »

That... seems irrelevant. GW really doesn't care if two developers get to clash over their IP - they're still getting money from the IP.

Ulthuan, Naggaroth and Lustria will be completely unplayable without some dedicated ship-stuff. I'd say combat will come in then.
Not only that, but dataminers found ship models, way, way back.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: March 01, 2017, 11:19:53 am »

The point is that Fantasy Battle is one game and the out-of-production ship game is a different game. If Fantasy Battle has been licensed to CA and the ship game to another company, those are different licenses. Of course, I'd hope there to be naval battles, but it might not be so easy.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: March 01, 2017, 01:22:29 pm »

The point is that Fantasy Battle is one game and the out-of-production ship game is a different game. If Fantasy Battle has been licensed to CA and the ship game to another company, those are different licenses. Of course, I'd hope there to be naval battles, but it might not be so easy.
All you have to do is search "warhammer" in Steam to see the massive deluge of garbage that will pour fourth to know that GeeDubs doesn't give two shits about who it licenses what to.

It licenses everything to everyone. There's no exclusivity here. I could send an email to them with some stock photos and a promise to make them $40k and get a license for Warhammer 40k if I wanted.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: March 07, 2017, 06:00:27 pm »

I have just gotten TW:W installed and it's telling me that my drivers need to be updated. I updated my drivers, and it says the same thing. When I try to launch the game, it starts the first loading screen with the logo and legal info, then shuts down and restarts my computer. Anyone who can help me?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: March 07, 2017, 06:16:46 pm »

I have just gotten TW:W installed and it's telling me that my drivers need to be updated. I updated my drivers, and it says the same thing. When I try to launch the game, it starts the first loading screen with the logo and legal info, then shuts down and restarts my computer. Anyone who can help me?
Make sure your OS is updated as well. I used to have a problem that my graphics card program would keep telling me that the drivers were updated when they were not (because I had the latest for that version of windows).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: March 08, 2017, 01:27:57 am »

Mine tells me I need updated drivers on the button, but it doesn't affect anything and I'm pretty sure my drivers are up to date.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: March 08, 2017, 11:57:31 am »

Yes I updated the os and it resolved the restart issue
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: March 08, 2017, 02:06:28 pm »

Good luck!
Best SEGA since Shogun 2 IMO
Deliberately exlcluding the pre-sega titles

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: March 13, 2017, 05:17:24 am »

Oh my frigging god.

So this is the first time I've bothered to fight the Wood Elves in the campaign (VH difficulty). It's so unbelievably annoying.

Hell, I thought the Norscan raiders were annoying before but they're nothing compared to trying to attack Athel Loren. Not only is the attrition insanely high, but just trying to move around inside the forest takes forever.

Then there's the cheating AI of course, who just cheatspawns fullstacks everywhere. Normally I don't particularly care about this but because the elves can move freely through the tiny little forest, you basically have like 8 fullstack armies inside all within reinforcing range of each other. What the fuck.

Then you have to actually fight the Welfs themselves and that sucks so much dick. I actually have no idea how to reduce casualties as Bretonnia. I've tried every single combination but because I keep having to fight 2 - 3 stacks at a time, it's stupidly hard and I generally have to sacrifice 3000+ troops to make any headway at all. I've burned down 3 of the 4 settlements in Athel Loren and I've lost 5 high level generals and probably something like 12,000 troops.

At this point I wish I was the Dwarfs. Then I could just bring a couple of flame cannons and some ironbreakers and call it a day.

Hell, Archaon and his gang are completely ravaging Middenland and I have one level 1 general holding all of them off singlehandedly. I have Alberic, Leonceour, Morgiana, and two more generals just slowly crawling through the stupid forest. It's so annoying!!! I've lost count how many times I've defeated Durthu and Orion.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: March 13, 2017, 05:55:32 am »

At least they don't have regiments of renown?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: March 13, 2017, 01:58:45 pm »

At least they don't have regiments of renown?
*twitch*

-----------

Incidentally, I never really realized just HOW much damage Welfs do until now. They just melt all my knights and infantry like butter, which is kinda why I have so much trouble with them. I take so many casualties no matter what I bring. Even my fully maxed out Leonceour can't handle more than 1 minute of getting bashed on by them. And this is a guy who can pretty much solokill the entire Norscan wastes.

I was particularly amused when Durthu basically killed the Green Knight in a few hits. Man, that guy cannot handle magical damage at all.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 277