Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1194 1195 [1196] 1197 1198 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1546669 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée
« Reply #17925 on: May 16, 2016, 05:57:48 am »

I couldn't tell.  Sounded too normal.

Guess that was my first clue :x
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #17926 on: May 16, 2016, 06:00:14 am »

Honestly that one was your fault for not realising that 90% of LW's posts are either shitposts or meta-shitposts
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17927 on: May 16, 2016, 06:01:32 am »

I assumed people would realise what was going on when the anti-America guy started sounding American
Borderline (or entirely) suicidal lack of self-awareness on particular subjects is something that exists. Like turn signals on a car, it's good to display not only what you're doing (which may indeed be obvious!), but also that you realize what you're doing. Don't assume the person behind you is aware you know you're in a turn lane, unless your light is blinking.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17928 on: May 16, 2016, 07:22:39 am »

If a parody of poe's law was existentially possible, this forum is getting pretty damn close to that event horizon.

And to be fair, not everyone who wonder's through threads like these know all the DF forum members from previous incursions, and just what everyone's biases are and how to compare that against what they are currently right now saying to determine whether it's sarcasm/meta-shitpost/what-have-you or otherwise.

While [/s] tags certainly take some of the "fun" out of it. They are also the Tylenol pill we need, not the Tylenol pill we deserve.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17929 on: May 16, 2016, 09:33:42 am »

My point was that clearly OW loves murrika, you don't learn how to emulate something so flawlessly without care and devotion. You done us proud, you done US proud, and remember... we can't spell US without you because our education system sucks.
Most of the rest of the world has strong family units where when one family member becomes incapable, the next most capable abandons all current activities to support them. I suspect America is not different in this manner

Most of the world also has people who's family situation is fairly screwed up too. I don't bother much with retric about what people deserve or don't deserve. Plenty of countries have a strong social security system and do just fine. To me it's preferable to have a system in place that helps you out when things go wrong. Certainly prefer that to the alternative.
It took me way too long to realize that is supposed to be rhetoric.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17930 on: May 16, 2016, 09:34:32 am »

You're kidding, right?
He was being sarcastic.
He better have!  Sarcasm is all we have left!
/s
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17931 on: May 16, 2016, 01:27:12 pm »

All you need is love sarcasm sarlacc

Incidentally, the strikethrough code is why there is a sarcasm font. Less potential for confusion.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17932 on: May 16, 2016, 01:48:10 pm »

Are you sure comic sans cannot be sarcasm font?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #17933 on: May 16, 2016, 01:50:04 pm »

we don't need a font that inspires virulent instinctive hatred in the politics thread
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #17934 on: May 16, 2016, 01:51:27 pm »

we don't need a font that inspires virulent instinctive hatred in the politics thread

Yeah, that would be redundant.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17935 on: May 16, 2016, 01:52:14 pm »

There's always [nobbc].

Huh, forum supports HTML directly.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 02:01:07 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17936 on: May 16, 2016, 04:01:41 pm »

It looks like the code translates some common HTML tags into bbcode. e.g. if I preview < /a > tag, I get a [ /url ] appearing in the output, although I can't work out what to do to get a valid < a> tag to create a valid [ url ] tag. It's certainly heavily filtered.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 04:04:31 pm by Reelya »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17937 on: May 16, 2016, 04:47:38 pm »

Now available at Toys'R'Us
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17938 on: May 16, 2016, 07:01:31 pm »

It looks like the code translates some common HTML tags into bbcode. e.g. if I preview < /a > tag, I get a [ /url ] appearing in the output, although I can't work out what to do to get a valid < a> tag to create a valid [ url ] tag. It's certainly heavily filtered.
a href=URL
Sigtext

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17939 on: May 16, 2016, 07:12:34 pm »

but did you TRY it?  ::)

Edit to demonstrate the kind of thing I tried earlier, which failed: <a href=index.php?topic=147340.18645>here, now[/url]
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 07:14:07 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 1194 1195 [1196] 1197 1198 ... 1342