Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1132 1133 [1134] 1135 1136 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1549497 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée
« Reply #16995 on: April 27, 2016, 11:38:04 pm »

Nah, she arranged and presided over the catastrophic* merger of HP and Compaq, laid off a ton of people afterwards, took HP into a downward spiral, and then got fired herself for it all. (If HP has improved since then, I don't imagine Trump would give the credit to Fiorina)

Trump likes "winners." She probably doesn't qualify.

* or so every article I read said, until people stopped writing articles about them, or they stopped showing up in my news feed
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #16996 on: April 28, 2016, 09:35:41 am »

So I watched Trump's foreign policy speech.

It was actually competent. I was expecting rambling ad-lib speeches like the past few of his speeches I've seen. It seems like he actually knows what he wants to do in regards to foreign policy.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16997 on: April 28, 2016, 09:42:50 am »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/28/health/oxford-alabama-transgender-bathroom-law/?iid=ob_lockedrail_topeditorial

Dammit deep south.......

It was actually competent. I was expecting rambling ad-lib speeches like the past few of his speeches I've seen. It seems like he actually knows what he wants to do in regards to foreign policy.

It may have been competent in a sense, but it was still a collection of conflicting statements and competent =/= coherent.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:46:26 am by smjjames »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16998 on: April 28, 2016, 09:46:50 am »

Jesus christ...
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16999 on: April 28, 2016, 09:49:13 am »

Good ol' alabama. Like georgia, except without any upsides.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #17000 on: April 28, 2016, 10:12:44 am »

It may have been competent in a sense, but it was still a collection of conflicting statements and competent =/= coherent.
Yeah, when asked to sum it up in one word on the national public radio this morning the president of some american security policy association or something like that chose the word "incoherent". It definitely sounded like it might have made sense, but there was a lot of missing and conflicting pieces as well as just an overall "we're going to stop doing this so let's do my thing instead" without any real source backing up the idea that his policies will perform any better.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17001 on: April 28, 2016, 10:53:54 am »

Much of the discussion – and laughs – focused on Boehner’s views on the current presidential candidates. Segueing into the topic, Kennedy asked Boehner to be frank given that the event was not being broadcasted, and the former Speaker responded in kind. When specifically asked his opinions on Ted Cruz, Boehner made a face, drawing laughter from the crowd.

“Lucifer in the flesh,” the former speaker said. “I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life.”

When it came to the Democrat primaries, Boehner asserted his belief that although Bernie Sanders has put up a significant fight, Hillary Clinton will win the nomination over Bernie Sanders. While stating that he disagreed with Sanders on all the issues, the former Speaker also called Sanders a nice guy and the most honest politician in the race.

Boehner also speculated about surprises that could come closer to the Democratic National Convention if Hillary Clinton’s emails became a larger scandal.

“Don’t be shocked … if two weeks before the convention, here comes Joe Biden parachuting in and Barack Obama fanning the flames to make it all happen,” Boehner said.

At the end of the discussion, Kennedy re-focused the talk by asking Boehner who his political heroes were. In his answer, Boehner re-emphasized his own relatively moderate stances within the Republican Party.

“Well you know I’m a big fan of Ronald Reagan,” Boehner said. “But I love all these knuckleheads talking about the party of Reagan. He would be the most moderate Republican elected today.”

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #17002 on: April 28, 2016, 12:52:49 pm »

Yeah, Cruz was a much bigger enemy to Boehner than even Obama. Cruz shut down the government simply to satisfy his ego, and his antics pretty much led to Boehner losing power. If Boehner had a chance to sneak in a provision to an ISS launch contract to do a surprise test on the effects on the body of Ted Cruz being fired out the airlock, I have no doubt he would have done so.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17003 on: April 29, 2016, 10:44:07 am »

Yeah, I'm convinced that he'll just make the US go default the first chance he gets and then bask in the hatred lobbed at him.

Anyway, an interesting thing this morning, the Trump vs Clinton head to head shows a tie, but then again, theres a pretty big percent, 16% of the total, that would vote for some other candidate. Not neccesarily unified under a single candidate.

Where the heck is a great third party candidate this year?.....

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17004 on: April 29, 2016, 11:45:45 am »

There isn't.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Andmore

• Bay Watcher
  • Former lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17005 on: April 29, 2016, 11:47:17 am »

Yeah, I'm convinced that he'll just make the US go default the first chance he gets and then bask in the hatred lobbed at him.

Anyway, an interesting thing this morning, the Trump vs Clinton head to head shows a tie, but then again, theres a pretty big percent, 16% of the total, that would vote for some other candidate. Not neccesarily unified under a single candidate.

Where the heck is a great third party candidate this year?.....
The self proclaimed greatest runs with the Republicans.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17006 on: April 29, 2016, 12:03:43 pm »

Someone has probably already seen this but I had to share:

http://i.somethingawful.com/u/g0m/phriday/Old2Young/23_naem.jpg
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17007 on: April 29, 2016, 12:14:07 pm »

There isn't.
Yet. Independents don't have primaries. All it takes is one person individual with enough money to get into all state elections without using party funds getting disgusted at the options. Could be Warren Buffet, Larry Page, Elon Musk, or Oprah Winfrey. Could you imagine a race between Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump, and Oprah fucking Winfrey? It would be amazing. And hell, I'd vote for her. I'd vote for any of those people and like it.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #17008 on: April 29, 2016, 12:15:03 pm »

What's terrifying about that photo is that it looks so...uncannily natural. I mean, it's still unnerving, but it's not a clear photoshop job; it's almost as if Trump had undergone MtF transition.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17009 on: April 29, 2016, 01:13:48 pm »

Now you're just making things up. Gary Johnson is even more fictional than Thrawn.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 1132 1133 [1134] 1135 1136 ... 1342