Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1099 1100 [1101] 1102 1103 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1550963 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée
« Reply #16500 on: April 15, 2016, 06:34:33 pm »

Considering how most of what I've heard recently about the UK involves ya'll attempting to pass crazier laws then we are, are you sure you'd last long enough to attempt that?
Yeah, it took actual effort for our beloved NC legislature to come up with something crazier! What is the world coming to?!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #16502 on: April 15, 2016, 06:35:53 pm »

Sometimes we all must make sacrifices for the whole humanity and God-Emperor. He has to take over the world by himself, after all. ::)
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16503 on: April 15, 2016, 06:35:57 pm »

Plus, trump wouldn't have a sword, he's not interesting enough to be a sword sort of emperor. He'd have some sort of lame golden gun instead. Or one that fires gold ingots.
You called?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16504 on: April 15, 2016, 06:42:30 pm »

The UK parliament suffers from 1) Cronieism, 2) David Cameron 3) the lib dems 4) Germy Corbyn, 5) Labour Party, 6) incompetence, 7) Lack of common sense 8) The Tories, 9)Commitees, 8) Paedophile rings. 9) That labour MP woman who looks just like the Prime Minister from doctor who. 10)A refusal to correct blatant mistakes and a willingness to plow along bloody mindedly.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16505 on: April 15, 2016, 07:10:08 pm »

11) Ed Miliband's ill-fated attempts at seeming human, 12) Inability to count correctly
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 07:15:20 pm by Cruxador »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16506 on: April 15, 2016, 07:42:34 pm »

So, I think that SHIELD is the Republican Party here. Fitting me better than option B, then being generally impotent and useless (occasionally actively harmful) before being completely taken over by crazies?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16508 on: April 15, 2016, 08:57:28 pm »

So, I think that SHIELD is the Republican Party here. Fitting me better than option B, then being generally impotent and useless (occasionally actively harmful) before being completely taken over by crazies?

Ah, but like the mythical phoenix, SHIELD was reborn from its own ashes, in secrecy. But you're saying HYDRA has revealed itself in the Republican party now? Who does that make Trump and Cruz?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16509 on: April 15, 2016, 08:59:24 pm »

Ah, but like the mythical phoenix, SHIELD was reborn from its own ashes, in secrecy. But you're saying HYDRA has revealed itself in the Republican party now? Who does that make Trump and Cruz?

Are you talking about superhero comics? I believe SHIELD is an organization in one of those, forget which one though.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16511 on: April 15, 2016, 09:03:43 pm »

Are you talking about superhero comics? I believe SHIELD is an organization in one of those, forget which one though.
Yeah. Someone mentioned the upcoming Civil War movie with reference to I guess trump being captain america or something actually now that I think about it I'm not totally sure what the connect there is other then the words 'civil war' but whatever.

I'd say at this point Shield makes a pretty good stand in for the US government as a whole, or whatever party. If you have a favorite politician you can even call them agent coulson's shield. Perfect metaphor.

(For those of you who don't know Shield was an agency in charge of... Well, handling super hero bullshit. But it turned out to largely be a front for a fascist evil organization hydra, and eventually the whole thing was dismantled, except for a few splinter groups of actually good guys.)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 09:05:29 pm by Criptfeind »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16512 on: April 15, 2016, 09:24:07 pm »

Trump is Captain America, he's going to bring ruin to everything and trigger the rebuilding of SHIELD arc. I'm not positive who Cruz is as of yet.

EDIT:
Judging from the narrative pattern, we can make a reasonable prediction that will tell us who will be the nominee.

Contested convention-> Lindsey Graham.

You heard it here first, everyone. Break the betting markets before they stabilize 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 09:26:00 pm by Strife26 »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16513 on: April 15, 2016, 09:25:32 pm »

Trump is Captain America, he's going to bring ruin to everything and trigger the rebuilding of SHIELD arc. I'm not positive who Cruz is as of yet.

He's the, uh, guy who always wears a gasmask?

No wait, I think that was COBRA.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16514 on: April 15, 2016, 09:26:55 pm »

He's the, uh, guy who always wears a gasmask?

No wait, I think that was COBRA.

I think that we could swing it on the basis of outsiderness.
Pages: 1 ... 1099 1100 [1101] 1102 1103 ... 1342